No announcement yet.

Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must admit, I keep wondering how the hell are they going to lock down Stanton with all the money they are throwing out now.
    --------------------
    Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
    Cubs are eyeing fielder more than pujols. they've talked to pujols but won't do 9 or even 10 yrs for 31-yr-old.
    twitter
    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-06-2011, 08:34 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• He will provide alot of money as he starts to break records at the end of the deal.

Comment

• Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
        #marlins strong pursuit of pujols realistically has winnowed the field for pujols to them and incumbent #cardinals.
        twitter
        --------------------
        MLBNetwork MLB Network
        Stay tuned to @MLBNetwork for an update on Albert Pujols meeting with the @Marlins and find out who the @Dodgers are trying to sign.
        for those interested
        --------------------
        Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
        Cardinals have been resistant to upgrade pujols bid. With marlins strong push, they have tough decision to make.
        twitter
        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-06-2011, 08:50 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
          I must admit, I keep wondering how the hell are they going to lock down Stanton with all the money they are throwing out now.
          --------------------

twitter
          I still think the spending and the extensions are mutually exclusive.

Comment

• Comment

• I love sports writer sour-grapes, this courtesy of Buster Olney:

Anyone who played Batman and Robin with a friend as a kid will know why it's so very important to get this question answered: If Albert Pujols takes his talents to South Beach, joining Heath Bell and Jose Reyes, is he the LeBron James of the trio?

Bell carries less star power than the other two, so he's the Chris Bosh. But is Reyes or Pujols the LeBron James, and which of the two is the Dwyane Wade?

The big knock on James is that he's never won a championship, and Pujols has won two. On the other hand, Wade and Reyes are both speed guys and seem to match up in style, and with all due respect to Wade, James is the bigger star, no matter how much championship bling Wade has.

Without a doubt, Pujols is a bigger star than Reyes. Pujols may finish his career among the five or six greatest players of all time, ranked somewhere among Babe Ruth and Willie Mays and Hank Aaron and Barry Bonds, and may soon have something else in common with all those players -- playing for more than one team in his career.

It's impossible to envision Pujols playing in a uniform other than that of the St. Louis Cardinals, least of all in the mismatched pajama look of the Miami Marlins. This is like a former president moving from the White House to the Playboy mansion.

Comment

• Been told by several #Marlins sources that Pujols is done.
                David Villavicencio

Comment

• Ohhh he's trying to make a name for himself by being the first.
                  --------------------
                  Risky.
                  --------------------
                  Also what is actually "done".
                  Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-06-2011, 09:36 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                    I love sports writer sour-grapes, this courtesy of Buster Olney:
                    Is that sour-grapes? It reads more like he had nothing to write about so he did something really uninteresting because the comparisons were inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                      Ohhh he's trying to make a name for himself by being the first.
                      --------------------
                      Risky.
                      --------------------
                      Also what is actually "done".
                      He's retiring.

Comment

• dvillavicencio6 David Villavicencio
                        According to multiple sources, Albert Pujols will sign with the Miami #Marlins. Haven't confirmed years yet. Was told 10 by 1 source
                        BizballMaury Maury Brown
                        That would be "meeting is done". Nothing to see here RT @dvillavicencio6 Been told by several #Marlins sources that Pujols is done.
                        These wacky winter meetings

Comment

• I swear to God David.

Comment

• I think David V's career is on the line here.

Comment

• David is getting an itchy finger. The other sports writers are probably laughing their assess off at him.

Comment

• I just ran around my office high fiving everyone, it better be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X