Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chewie View Post
    A 10 year deal to a potential 35 year old may be insane but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    if we are throwing ten years i am sure the Marlins know his real age. maybe saw his birth certificate. for so many years people have been speculating about his age and nothing has happened,so personally i believe he is who he says he is.

But, on that note, he will still be 40, 41, 42 in the deal and making 20+million, which is NEVER a good thing...
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    (possibly) Suck it Neyer. And I knew from last year when they mentioned un-retiring number five that they would sign Pujols. (or let LoMo switch to his favorite number.)
    Right his number is retired cause of Carl Barger right? Hmmmm...would they do that? Crazy. this looks good though

https://twitter.com/#!/ArmandoAlvare...com%2F4CvfepQ0 (not my twitter)
    Last edited by LudaFish; 12-06-2011, 03:47 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Welcome Luda. Do you want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed?
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
        Welcome Luda. Do you want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed?
        Dont we all?

If you're looking for a real Luda quote sorry, im a metal head, and got my name cause of "Ludacris Speed" from spaceballs.
        --------------------
        Also what will be great for Miami and the stadium, is Pujols and the Home Run chase. he is at 445. So you know 500 will come soon, and then 600, and who knows what else. That sells tickets and creates such a great buzz. Plus Hanley and he are good friends, so that will have to help obviously.
        Last edited by LudaFish; 12-06-2011, 03:51 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• It's a terrible terrible idea. But it's Pujols. Hugg has it right; when it comes to Pujols, worry about 2022 in 2022.

Maybe he's still like 240/300/400 in his 40's, and we have a DH by then, keeping his legs fresh, allowing him to chase Bonds.

I'm trying to rationalize this in my head however I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            It's a terrible terrible idea. But it's Pujols. Hugg has it right; when it comes to Pujols, worry about 2022 in 2022.

Maybe he's still like 240/300/400 in his 40's, and we have a DH by then, keeping his legs fresh, allowing him to chase Bonds.

I'm trying to rationalize this in my head however I can.
            I agree with you and Huggles about worrying about 2022 in 2022. It's a win-now mentality, and you can't give a fuck about five years down the road when there is a chance to have a great core to win within three years.

And I was gonna make a crude wheelchair joke about the "keeping his legs fresh" since you said it but couldn't come up with anything great so I didn't wanna disappoint you.

Comment

• You're learning.

Comment

• Trying to. Only the best for you, Lieutenant Dan.

Comment

• Goodnight FML, & Luda. Here's to hoping I wake up to Pujols signed and delivered.

Comment

• I agree that you worry about 2022 in 2022, but I always think a poor performing 42 year old Pujols is going to be a legend and will still draw people to the ballpark. I remember wanting to go to O's games in the summer whenever it was possible because they had Cal. It didn;t matter how old and mediocre he had gotten; he was still fucking Cal. In 2022, Pujols will still be fucking Pujols.

On the flip side, that is a huge fucking contract and the Rangers weren't going anywhere until they dumped the A-Rod money.
                    Last edited by Chewford; 12-06-2011, 04:48 AM.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Frisario says we're meeting with Lozano again on Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                        Frisario says we're meeting with Lozano again on Tuesday.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• The Marlins must have hard evidence that the world is going to end
                          in 2012!!!! Sign them all!!!!

Comment

• Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
                            Reports from South Florida are that Marlins can build $100 payroll. If they sign Pujols for $25m a year, they'd be at $90m for six players.
                            twitter

Comment

• Fuck it

Blank check his ass

Comment

• First ever 300-Million contract?

lol jk guys

Comment

Working...
                                X