No announcement yet.

Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think, if speculation over his age is ever proven true, there are probably ways to get out of the contract.
    poop

Comment

• It would be incredibly difficult.

Comment

• Gah I need to know how the meeting went

Comment

• I need to know if there was stone crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
            It would be incredibly difficult.
            According to LeBatard, the Marlins don't necessarily completely believe he's 31. I imagine there's got to be a clause that would void it, If Lebatards info is correct.

Comment

• I'd imagine Pujols' people and the PA would oppose such a clause.

Comment

• If there's nothing to hide, there's no reason to oppose it.

Comment

• Pujols' age is rooooooooooooooooooooooooos

Comment

• You'd oppose it based on the precedent it would set. It isn't solely about Pujols.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                      You'd oppose it based on the precedent it would set. It isn't solely about Pujols.
                      I think you have to try, though.

Comment

• Clause or no clause, there are ways to have contracts voided where they involve/are induced by material misrepresentations.

Comment

• Not exactly.

Without getting into an unnecessarily long evaluation; the fact that the Marlins, as well as the rest of baseball, openly questions the legitimacy of his age stands as a huge stumbling block. Ditto the fact that contracts aren't based solely on age, but also (and substantially more importantly) on production, both past and expected. Yes, age factors into it, but the main reason Pujols is getting "paid" isn't that he's 31.

Comment

• I really hate when mibs plays this nitpicking game with Twitter posts. It's a Twitter post, not the US Constitution,

Comment

• Strict construction!

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                                I really hate when mibs plays this nitpicking game with Twitter posts. It's a Twitter post, not the US Constitution,
                                You shouldn't end a post with a comma. Now people are gonna be pausing forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X