X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
    mibs ramp, come on man

fuck Prince Fielder, that's hidden payroll in buffet increases
    if it's get Albert or don't.... gimme Albert.... but his decline scares the fuck out of me

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
      I'd rather go after Buehrle than Pujols if Stark's information is correct.
      I wouldn't. Ignoring the "he's Albert Pujols!" arguments, a Bell/Webb/Dunn/Mujica/Choate bullpen is pretty f'ing good. Paired with a Reyes/Hanley/Pujols/Stanton lineup, forget it, that's absurd.

Comment

It makes shut the fuck up and enjoy the ride sense though.

Fuck that. I'll be a Marlins fan for a really long time. I don't want this team to be totally BURIED 7 years from now because of short sighted baseball moves.

I'm completely enjoying the current ride and love the 2 FA signings they've made but we need starting pitching help. You know we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          All true... but Pujols numbers are all going down across the boards
          2008/2009: 9 WAR
          2010: 7.5 WAR
          2011: 5.1 WAR

Yeah, he's gone down, but you're basically worried that he's gone from monster to very good.

I'd take that.

The risk with Prince Fielder is much greater, imo. Not only is he a heavy man who's rather one-dimensional, but his hitting hasn't really been all that consistent throughout his career.

I don't really know what I'm getting with Prince. Is he a high 900's .OPS guy or a high 800's .OPS guy. High 900's, cool. High 800's, extremely overpaid because he's not good defensively and is a liability on the bases.

Pujols is a more complete player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Fuck that. I'll be a Marlins fan for a really long time. I don't want this team to be totally BURIED 7 years from now because of short sighted baseball moves.

I'm completely enjoying the current ride and love the 2 FA signings they've made but we need starting pitching help. You know we do.

I refuse to worry about 7 years from now as a Marlins fan.

It's the only thing being a Marlins fan has taught me.

Comment

• It's not about taking him at "very good". That decline is absolutely massive.

Comment

• Wasn't he playing with a hurt wrist?

Comment

Wasn't he playing with a hurt wrist?
                  The one in which he came back a month earlier than most expected him to.

Comment

• He OPSed .857 in the first half and .960 in the second half. So it wasn't the wrist.

Anyway, he OPSed .960 in the second half.
                    --------------------
                    His BABIP in the first half was .255 Ramp.

Are we done here?
                    Last edited by HUGG; 12-04-2011, 11:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Well he had that epically terrible start to last season.

Comment

He OPSed .857 in the first half and .960 in the second half. So it wasn't the wrist.

Anyway, he OPSed .960 in the second half.
                        --------------------
                        His BABIP in the first half was .255 Ramp.

Are we done here?
                        no we aren't close to done here

his .960 OPS is still down and still shows a downward trend

Comment

It's not about taking him at "very good". That decline is absolutely massive.
                          It's one year and he posted the lowest .BABIP of his career.

If it makes you feel any better, his numbers are trending up; he had a .959 .OPS in the 2nd half.

As a matter of fact, he was basically subpar the first two months last year and then just posted monster #'s from June on.

I wouldn't worry too much about it; he's still pretty awesome.

Comment

• You people. *locks door*
                            There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• This is why we can't have nice things.

Comment

no we aren't close to done here

his .960 OPS is still down and still shows a downward trend
                                But that's basically just about the best you're going to get from Prince with worse defense/baserunning, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X