X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a ruse!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      has to be atleast $25mil I would think, as the Cards original offer was 9/210 or $23.3 per
      Our $23.3 is bigger than theirs

Comment

• their 23 comes with a World Series ring

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
          I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

Slicing a good player's production in half is not desirable, right?
          Of course you'd rather have the better player but if it doesn't work out, there's value in keeping Gaby.

Pujols was a 5 war player last year, Gaby was a 3. Pujols will cost 25m+, Gaby will cost 400k. You're getting 3/5ths of Pujols for about 1.7% of his cost. That's value.

Buying a basket of 3 apples for 40 cents is a more valuable than buying a basket of 5 apples for 25 dollars. We really want 5 apples, but it's okay if we to use the savings from the 3 apples to buy a fuck ton of bananas.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          their 23 comes with a World Series ring
          It's all about the money
          -Ramp

Last edited by Mainge; 11-15-2011, 09:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

their 23 comes with a World Series ring
            Our 23 comes with a beach, warm weather, indoor ballpark, Reyes, Hanley, JJ, Buehrle and chances to win multiple rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
              Our 23 comes with a beach, warm weather, indoor ballpark, Reyes, Hanley, JJ, Buehrle and chances to win multiple rings.
              this is stupid.

Comment

this is stupid.
                How the hell did you write back so fast. I don't care if it's stupid, I'm excited.

Comment

• Let's go all in.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Didn't say you shouldn't be excited. Just suggested that if money is relatively equal, he's going back to St. Louis.

Comment

• Maybe, maybe not. He is human and this is Miami.

I can't wait to hear how much $ he was offered.

Comment

• He is no human.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                          I really could care less about the future if the first two years of our ballpark are filled with awesome. Then I'll worry about Jose's hammys and Pujols being 58 years old. Not now. I'd much rather go for broke in the first year of the new park and end up with an enormous tab in three years than continue to muddle around being average.
                          And I just completely disagree with this considering the core of team is all under 28 years old and they have a real good opportunity to create a sustained winner. This isn't a veteran 30-33 year old team that has 2 years left before the window shuts, ala the Phillies right now and why I get why they splurged on Papelbon and will likely make more bonehead moves with giving Jimmy money and buying Cuddyer soon. It's over and they know it. They are in fuck the future we're going to have to rebuild anyways, all hands on deck mode. I appreciate that, and I hope their fans do even if they have a hilarious $100+ million of suck payroll coming quick.

But the Marlins? They are young, have clear longterm needs, and can simply fix problems 1, 2, 3, and 4, with Reyes, Buerhle, Cepedes, and name your favorite 5th starter on the market. That's a $100 million payroll.

Like I said before, if they do that, fix the longterm issues, and want to add Pujols and Madson on top of that, BY ALL MEANS LORIA. If that's your definition of splurge, I'm cool! $140 million let's go! But I'm working under the assumption that give or take $100 is the best case scenario, and obviously we can all do math and know the holes on the team where Pujols does not fit into any scenario with that level of payroll and the other holes on the team are sufficiently addressed. To wrap it together, saying that, getting a 2.5-3 WAR out of Gaby, which is rock solid league average, is really fucking cool for $430,000ish bucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                            Maybe, maybe not. this is Miami.
                            This is the silly talk
                            --------------------
                            Also, I'm with Swifty... if the Marlins are going all in, fucking go for it.

I'd prefer Prince to Albert, but either along with Buerhle and Reyes would be absolute awesome sauce.
                            Last edited by Ramp; 11-15-2011, 09:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Yeah. I'm on the he is no human train. Bring him in.

Comment

Also, I'm with Swifty... if the Marlins are going all in, fucking go for it.

I'd prefer Prince to Albert, but either along with Buerhle and Reyes would be absolute awesome sauce.
                                I think we are all cool with the $140 million Marlins dream team

C John Buck $6,500,000
                                1B Albert Pujols $27,000,000
                                2B Omar Infante $4,000,000
                                3B Hanley Ramirez $15,000,000
                                SS Jose Reyes $16,000,000
                                LF Logan Morrison $420,000
                                CF Emilio Bonifacio $2,000,000
                                RF Mike Stanton $420,000
                                B Brett Hayes $420,000
                                B Bryan Petersen $420,000
                                B Chris Coghlan $600,000
                                B Greg Dobbs or some asshole $1,000,000