No announcement yet.

Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reyes? fuck that guy, he was Sunday's news.

Comment

• Comment

• I've been very impressed by the apparent vision being shown by the organization. The fact that they have stuck to their guns on the NTD and now told Pujols this is their final tells me that they have a plan and are not just jumping in to this stuff recklessly with a "we will worry about that later" mentality.

Also for the people worried about how a Pujols contract will kill us on years 5-10, I think the exact opposite. We have seen that this ownership will spend IF they are making money. Performance aside, Pujols makes the organization a lot more money than any other player because of how he can be uniquely marketed. If we want this team to go after big time free agents in the future, Pujols as a Miami Marlin makes that more realistic for years to come over a Prince Fielder or starting pitcher.

If I plan on being a fan of this team for years to come, I want Pujols. He provides the best assurance that this works out from a financial standpoint, which is the most important favor in determining whether we spend like this for years to come.

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmOV4npRt80[/ame]

Comment

• Someone on twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
              I've been very impressed by the apparent vision being shown by the organization. The fact that they have stuck to their guns on the NTD and now told Pujols this is their final tells me that they have a plan and are not just jumping in to this stuff recklessly with a "we will worry about that later" mentality.

Also for the people worried about how a Pujols contract will kill us on years 5-10, I think the exact opposite. We have seen that this ownership will spend IF they are making money. Performance aside, Pujols makes the organization a lot more money than any other player because of how he can be uniquely marketed. If we want this team to go after big time free agents in the future, Pujols as a Miami Marlin makes that more realistic for years to come over a Prince Fielder or starting pitcher.

If I plan on being a fan of this team for years to come, I want Pujols. He provides the best assurance that this works out from a financial standpoint, which is the most important favor in determining whether we spend like this for years to come.
              You're 100% correct. It's hard to go either way with this situation.

Comment

• Swifty wins.

Comment

• eHarmony.com

Comment

• For the record, moving the PC up is an indication something is going to happen today. Either way, the Marlins will hold a PC later today to announce the signing of Pujols or why they couldn't come to terms. Moving it up gives Reyes his time in the sun and allows the organization to have a strictly Pujols PC later.

Just me thoughts.

Comment

• The latest?

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
                      Source: #STLCards have NOT met or spoken with Pujols camp today. Yet. #Marlins #MLB
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• That Loria-boombox picture is best.

Comment

• Maury Brown doesn't seem to like whoever tweets from the sofla account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            The latest?
                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx7uFLsfoy4[/ame]

Comment

• @mlbtraderumors
                              Angels Ramping Up Efforts To Sign C.J. Wilson
                              The Angels are believed to be closing in on signing local product C.J. Wilson.

An industry source told MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro that the Halos are ramping up efforts to sign the ace left-hander, with hopes of a deal getting done today.

Late Tuesday night, the Angels were deemed to be the third “mystery team” – along with the Marlins and Cardinals – in the hunt for slugger Albert Pujols.

But it seems Wilson is not only the target, but the likely acquisition

Comment

• BizBallz has a history with us.

Comment

Working...
                                X