Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We let go of 14 minor league development people at various levels as the new front office continues to overhaul our minor league system.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      We let go of 14 minor league development people at various levels as the new front office continues to overhaul our minor league system.
      Jeter and Denbo gonna bring in their own guys. Next offseason will likely be alot of ML coaching changes

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Jeter and Denbo gonna bring in their own guys. Next offseason will likely be alot of ML coaching changes
        I like it. Theyve got to hire the right guys but its been pretty evident for a while that we completely abandoned having a functional minor league system recently and stopped having an MLB quality organizational plan and structure in place.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          Random note, but Rich Waltz was calling the FAU game for CBS Sports (via Facebook Live) over the weekend. It was good to hear his voice, and odd to hear him calling another team/something other than baseball.

I still think it'd be nice to bring him back. He may not want to, though.
          He's called University of California (Berkeley his alma mater) basketball and football for a number of years.

Comment

• Anyone have a plan for next season? With a host of at least decent pitching prospects emerging, emphasis has to be on the everyday lineup it would seem. Is Dietrich a fixture at at 1B? How does a .213 BA with runners in scoring position sound? Castro at 2B? His contract says the Marlins endure him for another ho hum year, although a 3.4WAR suggests that's not the worst option out there. SS is vacant IMO. Anderson matched Castro's WAR with his contribution at 3B, but is he really an everyday answer? The overall problem in the OF is highlighted by the playing time Sierra has received. Why any? Ever? Some are clinging to the caboose of the Brinson train, but seriously, what's the long range future of a guy who starts his swing before he recognizes the speed or location of a pitch? It's hit or more frequently miss, with no walks to help the OBP. Dean, with a compact swing, looks like he might evolve into a decent ML hitter, but the throwing arm presents serious question marks. By my reckoning, Realmuto is the one bonafide starter. He's also the least likely to remain a Marlin.
            Last edited by Lee Stone; 09-11-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
              Anyone have a plan for next season? With a host of at least decent pitching prospects emerging, emphasis has to be on the everyday lineup it would seem. Is Dietrich a fixture at at 1B? How does a .213 BA with runners in scoring position sound? Castro at 2B? His contract says the Marlins endure him for another ho hum year, although a 3.4WAR suggests that's not the worst option out there. SS is vacant IMO. Anderson matched Castro's WAR with his contribution at 3B, but is he really an everyday answer? The overall problem in the OF is highlighted by the playing time Sierra has received. Why any? Ever? Some are clinging to the caboose of the Brinson train, but seriously, what's the long range future of a guy who starts his swing before he recognizes the speed or location of a pitch? It's hit or more frequently miss, with no walks to help the OBP. Dean, with a compact swing, looks like he might evolve into a decent ML hitter, but the throwing arm presents serious question marks. By my reckoning, Realmuto is the one bonafide starter. He's also the least likely to remain a Marlin.
              Mish seems pretty convinced that they will add a bat or 2 this offseason. He tweeted this and also said something similar on his latest podcast.

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
              Following Following @CraigMish
              More
              Marlins offensive tank is on empty. I'm sure they will sign a couple 1 year guys this offseason. OF Carlos Gonzalez perhaps. Maybe 1B Matt Adams. Need a couple boppers. Is boppers still a go to term ?

1:34 PM - 8 Sep 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                Mish seems pretty convinced that they will add a bat or 2 this offseason. He tweeted this and also said something similar on his latest podcast.

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
                More
                Marlins offensive tank is on empty. I'm sure they will sign a couple 1 year guys this offseason. OF Carlos Gonzalez perhaps. Maybe 1B Matt Adams. Need a couple boppers. Is boppers still a go to term ?

I prefer boppers to bleepin' bloopers.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
                  More

They want a LHB 1B for sure. LoMo if he will take a pay cut is who I heard. Like Mish said expect them to sign 2 or 3 vet then trade them like they did with Maybin

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    They want a LHB 1B for sure. LoMo if he will take a pay cut is who I heard. Like Mish said expect them to sign 2 or 3 vet then trade them like they did with Maybin
                    Unless there was a specific reason for Morrison's disasterous season, signing him would seem reckless. A year ago, he seemed like a great signing for Minnesota.

Comment

• Id love a few one year deals this offseason for a few hitters so that we can fill some holes for next year and not have to rush prospects. Guys coming off down/injury riddled years make a ton of sense. Depends on the price, but id love to see what Daniel Murphy would be interested in money wise on a 1 year deal to play 1b. Donaldson too but I think he still gets big money despite the down year. Would have to be on 1 year deals or at most 2 year deals with team or mutual options for the 2nd year. Steve Pearce as a Dietrich platoon at 1b makes sense too.
                      Last edited by fish16; 09-11-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• The future is almost too bright for me to handle it.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          Id love a few one year deals this offseason for a few hitters so that we can fill some holes for next year and not have to rush prospects. Guys coming off down/injury riddled years make a ton of sense. Depends on the price, but id love to see what Daniel Murphy would be interested in money wise on a 1 year deal to play 1b. Donaldson too but I think he still gets big money despite the down year. Would have to be on 1 year deals or at most 2 year deals with team or mutual options for the 2nd year. Steve Pearce as a Dietrich platoon at 1b makes sense too.
                          I never understood why we didn't sign a few more guys to 1 year deals before this season to trade them.

Comment

• If only we had a mediocre left-handed power-hitting 1st baseman for next season...

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              If only we had a mediocre left-handed power-hitting 1st baseman for next season...
                              I was actually coming on here to bring him up as another option for next year possibly. He has barely played for them and it appears he will be non tendered.

Overall id like to see 2-3 veteran bat 1b and corner outfield types on 1 year deals and maybe get lucky and maybe flip them at the deadline.

- - - - - - - - - -

This is probably a lou question, but any idea what we are looking at already in payroll for next year with chen and prado obviously still being here.

Comment

• Degrom is absolutely filthy. Cy Young for sure.

- - - - - - - - - -

But Lewis Brinson is filthier. Aside from his numbers since coming back, his approach has been so much fucking better than the beginning of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X