X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good ole barraclough helping with the draft position

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
      "Please understand that the last two months of at bats aren't how you evaluate someone." Yet that's exactly what you are doing with Brinson after an even smaller sample, yes? Brinson still looks pretty silly at the plate to me.
      Literally didn't say that

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        If the Marlins don’t get a Robles/Jimenez/Tucker/Bichette type in a hypothetical JT deal, they won’t be able to give tickets away in 2019.
        No matter what next year attendance could be worse. People here just don't give 2 shits about the Marlins. You folks that don't live in Miami just don't seem to grasp that. It's going to take sustained winning, and a deep financial committment to get folks to care. If Sherman isn't committed to growing a solid team base & foundation, and gets antsy & bails or tries to bail, MLB may have no choice to move the team or fold it.....it's really that bad.....many people are just so turned off there is no amount of winning that can cure this. Because they've been burned 4 times now....it's a broken franchise & MLB needs to come to grips with that....and it lays at their feet not the fans....6 winning seasons in 26 years of ball is just pathetic, and is NOT the fans fault, it's MLB's for allowing Loria to mismanage for so many years. MLB's indifference to the fans here has killed the enthusiasm.

People here will, laugh, give you dirty looks, or say something nasty about the Marlins if you even wear a cap around towm. I've had random people start conversations with me as I wear my caps or Marlins t-shirts, and much of the time it's with a lot of venom.

MLB had a chance they could have stepped in, in 2012 when Loria just sold off the assets, and said "you can't do expressly what you said would never happen when you got your new stadium". But Selig didn't. Selig was the "Great Loria Enabler" and his inaction, is mostly to blame.
        Last edited by Maddawg; 09-13-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

San Diego certainly has the goods to trade for Realmuto as well.
          SD/Atlanta/TB/Toronto all have the goods if they want him

Comment

• The Mesa brothers are now officially declared FAs. I don't have very much faith that the Marlins will make it happen with either, or both, but if they do, that would actually make me buy in that things could be different moving forward. They'd be pretty big gets.

Comment

• From MLBTR:

the Orioles ($6.5MM), Marlins ($4.3MM), Rays ($3.6MM) and Dodgers ($2.78MM) as the teams with the most remaining money to spend.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                SD/Atlanta/TB/Toronto all have the goods if they want him
                SD just traded for the best catching prospect in baseball

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                  O I dont think they will trade for him just replying to Lee. Teams I see on him are Wash/Hou/Arizona/Colorado and maybe Oakland

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  The Mesa brothers are now officially declared FAs. I don't have very much faith that the Marlins will make it happen with either, or both, but if they do, that would actually make me buy in that things could be different moving forward. They'd be pretty big gets.
                  They are having a Showcase in like 3 weeks then will figure it all out. We have a great shot at both

Victor Victor for like 4 million then Victor Jr on July 2 2019
                  Miss on Victor Victor and sign Victor Jr now
                  Trade for more cash and see

Comment

The Indians didn't think Mejia had adequate skills to catch - thus the trade. San Diego is grooming him as a left fielder who may produce as a hitter.

Comment

• Fangraphs article on the 2018 Marlins:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/eleg...miami-marlins/

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                        The Mesa brothers are now officially declared FAs. I don't have very much faith that the Marlins will make it happen with either, or both, but if they do, that would actually make me buy in that things could be different moving forward. They'd be pretty big gets.
                        I can't find any evaluations of Victor Victor that really like him as a hitter.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        Fangraphs article on the 2018 Marlins:

That's a brutal assessment of Brinson, but hard to argue with ...

Comment

The Indians didn't think Mejia had adequate skills to catch - thus the trade. San Diego is grooming him as a left fielder who may produce as a hitter.
                          Cite please. For both Cleveland and San Diego (who is playing him at catcher).

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          Fangraphs article on the 2018 Marlins:

Yea it's pretty brutal, although I think they are underestimating the pitching that is coming. If they buy an ace in 2 years, they are going to have a pretty good staff more than likely. Who knows about the hitters, but Anderson wasn't supposed to be this good so we'll see if someone else emerges.

Comment

Cite please. For both Cleveland and San Diego (who is playing him at catcher).

- - - - - - - - - -

Yea it's pretty brutal, although I think they are underestimating the pitching that is coming. If they buy an ace in 2 years, they are going to have a pretty good staff more than likely. Who knows about the hitters, but Anderson wasn't supposed to be this good so we'll see if someone else emerges.
                            Look I like Anderson, but he's still probably a below average starting 3rd Baseman going forward. We're going to need a lot more than Brian Anderson's if we're going to turn this thing around.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Look I like Anderson, but he's still probably a below average starting 3rd Baseman going forward. We're going to need a lot more than Brian Anderson's if we're going to turn this thing around.
                              In his defense, he is 10th in WAR for 3B this year and it's a full 1 WAR drop to get him to the upper teens and Todd Frazier land. But I can agree, he's probably a 2.5 WAR guy moving forward, plus or minus a little in good and bad years. He's not a M. Chapman, or a Realmuto. He's the 4th-5th best position player on a good team.

The only way it works is with hitting on 2 major free agents, keeping Realmuto, and getting another 4 WAR guy out of literally anyone in Jupiter or higher. Plus developing another 5+ good 2+ WAR players (i.e., more Andersons) and a top 10 bullpen in the league. I feel they have all of that, besides another "4 WAR" guy as I think it's unlikely one of Brinson, Diaz, Monte, Alcantara, or Guzman hit their top end projections at this point (even if they turn into useful dudes). I'm not sure anyone else can optimistically be projected that high. Maybe Neidert if he exceeds all expectations.

So yea, a lot more is needed.

Comment

I can't find any evaluations of Victor Victor that really like him as a hitter.

- - - - - - - - - -

That's a brutal assessment of Brinson, but hard to argue with ...
                                Bust, but Fish16 will continue to beat his drum about him. That was a trade that likely killed this rebuild and will hopefully pave the way for new ownership in a couple of years that can figure out how to win

Comment

Working...
                                X