This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Robles for JT straight up was a fair deal this winter, but JT's taken his game to another level, and meanwhile Robles has barely played this year because of an injury. Things have changed. You gotta get multiple top prospects.
    He still is Top 10 Prospect in baseball. U guys said same thing about Soto-Miami thought he was Top 5 Prospect in baseball and tried hard to get him but couldn't.

Fact is Washington doesn't wanna trade either of them. If Miami could get Soto/Robles,Vlad Jr,Tucker straight up for JT he would be gone. NO team has offered any of those names which is why u havent heard much JT trade talk

NOT MY OPINION but most reports say what lou typed. We will likely take a 4 or 5 person(like we got for Yelich) for JT and another player(DD/RP/Castro) deal when it is all said and done-either trade deadline OR Winter meetings

- - - - - - - - - -

Bearclaw is actually the big name guy we might be trading at the deadline. Teams are lining up for him and we are wanting 3 or 4 prospects. 1 Top Prospect/2 Mid and Project arm as the price with a number of teams willing to meet it

Tommy Kahnle type deal as in prospects NOT dumping guys

Bour has dropped in value with some teams liking DD better because of ability to play all over
    Last edited by tjfla; 06-25-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Bour dropped value when Mouse/LoMo signed for peanuts.

He's good, but you can find a stick out there.

I think Realmuto, Dietrich, and Barraclough is one stop shopping for Cleveland. Mejia, Mckenzie, Chang, R. Perez, and 2-3 FV45/40 arms 3 years away. Works for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        Bour dropped value when Mouse/LoMo signed for peanuts.

I think Realmuto, Dietrich, and Barraclough is one stop shopping for Cleveland. Mejia, Mckenzie, Chang, R. Perez, and 2-3 FV45/40 arms 3 years away. Works for everyone.
        I would rather not.

- - - - - - - - - -

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned enough this season is how much Dan Straily sucks. He’s kind of like Wei-Yin Chen except not terribly overpaid.

Comment

• Originally posted by geemoney View Post
          Straily has not been all that good lately.

Just seems like he's been incredibly hittable. He doesn't appear to be missing many bats.

Comment

• Kieboom is a great prospect in his own right. I think him as the top prospect is fair, i just dont see it happening because they dont have the impressive other secondary prospects that would make me want to do the deal.

Comment

• Rotoworld saying Caleb probably out the season

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Dietrich now hitting over .300 for the year with and OPS of .850. He's gonna get some really good value at the deadline and he will be a good addition for a contender.

I think it’s great that Deitrich’s OPS is high and I’m a big fan (and think he should be sold high at deadline) but I think you’re dreaming (again) about all the value the Marlins will get for him.

What team is desperate for a Deitrich type player?
                Last edited by Namaste; 06-25-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  I think it’s great that Deitrich’s OPS is high and I’m a big fan (and think he should be sold high at deadline) but I think you’re dreaming (again) about all the value the Marlins will get for him.

I don’t know about desperate but he’s a valuable piece for sure.

Comment

A team doesnt need to be desperate, but he has A LOT of value. He's under team control for this year PLUS another two years, can play 1b, 2b, 3b, and LF, and he's hitting .300 with an .850 OPS. He is attractive to contenders this year as well as lower budget teams who might want to try to make a wild card run this year while not giving away the farm to do so to get another more high profile guy. He has a bit of value so long as he keeps hitting like this for the foreseeable future.

Comment

• We’ll at least you’ve downgraded from your original “really good value” to “a bit of value”. I can live with that.

Comment

No team is deperate but he is a on base machine,has some power and can play LF/RF/3B/2B/1B/DH

He is the type of guy that Oakland,EVERY AL team and Cubs love

- - - - - - - - - -

Something I forgot to mention yesterday.

Adam Conley has become a hot name and a few teams have already called on him. Teams view him as a cheaper option than Brad Hand(Reports are SD wants a Top 50 Prospect OR young ML Player for him) so if u hear any team interested in Hand consider than interested in Conley too

But Miami has NOT decided if they are interested in trading him yet. Of course if they get a great deal they will but much like JT they think they can wait past the deadline and get great value especially if he stays unhittable

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Bour dropped value when Mouse/LoMo signed for peanuts.

Makes sense BUT if u break the 3 guys up u can get better value. U could possible get 4/5 guys for JT,3 or 4 for Bearclaw and 2 or 3 for DD

Yes Straily sucks BUT when there are NO arms really on the market he is a hot name. Pay MILLIONS on a Cole Hamels/someone else OR alot less for Straily

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                          Rotoworld saying Caleb probably out the season
                          He has a Grade 3 lat strain, and is considering surgery - likely out for the year.

Comment

• Well that's a kick in the nuts. It's a lost season so his loss for the team not a huge deal, but he would've benefited personally from a full season, he had showed promise, but still plenty to work on. Hopefully he comes back strong next year.

Comment

I don't know about desperate, but he's an ideal bench player for a contender. (So is Rojas.) Extremely positive bench guys for a contender.

I think Dietrich can net in a best case scenario a Phelps type package of a lot of projects and maybe someone works out, maybe with someone like Merandy/Gallen as the best player in the deal. I think that would be a good result and is realistic.

Or, tremendous throw in with Realmuto to make sure you get that 1 really awesome guy. That's where I think Dietrich really shines. Not worth enough to get a "B+" prospect on his own, but lop him into a package with JT and get a big big name.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Makes sense BUT if u break the 3 guys up u can get better value. U could possible get 4/5 guys for JT,3 or 4 for Bearclaw and 2 or 3 for DD

Yes Straily sucks BUT when there are NO arms really on the market he is a hot name. Pay MILLIONS on a Cole Hamels/someone else OR alot less for Straily
                              The farm is getting deeper. The pitchers are cumulatively all performing well and there is reasonable hope with hitters throughout the system, even if some are underperforming. Likewise, looks like they have a few longterm pieces in Anderson, Ca. Smith, Steckenrider, Wittgren, etc.

It's time to get 1-2 higher value assets in these trades, especially with JT and Barraclough. Get the single best player you can, as they have a lot of normal dudes coming fast. They need 1-2 better guys versus an upgraded 3rd and 4th player in a deal.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              I would rather not.
                              Hard to not want a FV60 catcher. I think Mejia is a centerpiece of Realmuto easily and worth whatever to turn an elite catcher into potentially the next elite catcher.

Comment

• Very true on DD. I think he brings a Phelps type package if he keeps this up led by a #7-12 prospect as the headliner. But could see him put with JT,RP,or SP in a package.

Ziegler is gone but guys like Conley,Bearclaw,Steck it depends on what u get offered. If u get a TOP prospect and 1 or 2 mid level guys u have to deal

Ya Mejia is a stud. If offered I would look hard at it-they could use a RP and a bat

The KC trades have helped our market. They got decent deals for 2 guys(OF LHB and Closer) who are FA next year. Our RP and DD are club controlled still
                                Last edited by tjfla; 06-26-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X