This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dim View Post
    I have to imagine he's near or passed the Super 2 deadline at this point. Alcantara still has a good deal to learn in the minors still, but I'm not opposed to bringing him up for the bullpen and have him starting by September.
    He had service time before this year. He'll need to be down another month or so to get out of Super2 land.

Definitely past the "keep him for 7 years including this one" deadline. i.e., what they should have done with Brinson 6 weeks.

Comment

• Actually forgot Alcantara was a September call up last year for the Cardinals. Well that answers that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        I wouldn't be opposed to outright release of Chen at this point.
        Too much money. I’d be interested in seeing what he could do in relief.

Money be damned. 70 good innings is 70 good innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          Too much money. I’d be interested in seeing what he could do in relief.

Money be damned. 70 good innings is 70 good innings.
          You're more optimistic than I am. I don't think he's thrown 70 good innings in his Marlins career yet.

Comment

• Caleb Smith left early with an arm injury. May be two starters needing replaced now.

Comment

• Hopefully its not a longterm thing. Tht would suck to see him go down. Alcantara and Gallen are ready regardless, but still stinks to see.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dietrich now hitting over .300 for the year with and OPS of .850. He's gonna get some really good value at the deadline and he will be a good addition for a contender.

Comment

• Ben Meyer is being called up for tomorrow’s game. I’d imagine he’s only up until Smith’s next turn and then Alcantara or Gallen should get the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                  Ben Meyer is being called up for tomorrow’s game. I’d imagine he’s only up until Smith’s next turn and then Alcantara or Gallen should get the call.
                  Prolly not. Pitch in RP/LR till Friday then send someone down and call up Sandy/Cloyd or someone

Comment

• Meyer should be up here and in the bullpen. Send Rucinski down

Comment

• Just want to mention Realmuto is pacing an 8.2 WAR season/162 games right now. If we pace him at around 130 games, which is give/take a normal catcher season for a top catcher, that is a 6.5+ WAR season.

Very arguable he is having the best season for a catcher since 2012, when Buster won the MVP and Yadier had a really healthy 6.1 WAR season. Simply incredible stuff.

If we are assuming he is now, let's say a 5 WAR player moving forward, he has upped his trade value by probably $20-30 million in surplus value easily. And that isn't including an acquiring team buying out some free agency years, or if he's closer to a 6 WAR player.

He's not quite at Yelich's value yet, but he's creeping closer. He should net a Brinson, Monte, "not as good Diaz," and "nominally better Yamamoto" in a package.

Pretty awesome if they don't sign him. (I still say, give him the house and build around him.)

Comment

• Robles and Kieboom.

*cue buzzkill tj saying this is ridiculous*

Comment

Robles and Kieboom.

I honestly think that is a fair offer and don't see why the Nats wouldn't do it. They are obviously great at finding talent. They already have Soto. I don't see why they wouldn't give up 2 of their better prospects for JT, who is clearly worth it. That said, my preference would be extend him...but if they can't, getting 2 of someone's elite prospects isn't asking too much for the best catcher in baseball under team control for 2 more years. If the Nats won't give that up, hold him until somebody does.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            I honestly think that is a fair offer and don't see why the Nats wouldn't do it. They are obviously great at finding talent. They already have Soto. I don't see why they wouldn't give up 2 of their better prospects for JT, who is clearly worth it. That said, my preference would be extend him...but if they can't, getting 2 of someone's elite prospects isn't asking too much for the best catcher in baseball under team control for 2 more years. If the Nats won't give that up, hold him until somebody does.
                            I think you supercharge them, and don't worry about giving up Barraclough in the deal. Give them the cherry on top and a downright silly 7-8-9 for this season.

Robles, Kieboom, Read/Gushue/Severino for
                            Realmuto and Barraclough

Bryce, Murphy, Gio, Herrera, and Madson are free agents.
                            It's not like Max and Zimmerman are getting younger.
                            They will have Soto-Eaton-M. Taylor in the outfield regardless if they sign Bryce next year, and if they don't sign him, have plenty of money to do whatever with.
                            Like extend Rendon and Turner, which renders Kieboom blocked (and their next best prospects might be Antuna/Garcia who are infielders so there is depth).

It does make a lot of sense. Nationals need to go for it, and getting cheap non-rentals is huge.

Robles
                            Whitley/Tucker
                            Mejia

Those are the only four FV60+ (according to FG) prospects on contenders, ignoring Acuna. That's where you start.

Comment

Robles and Kieboom.

Not ridiculous at all. I would ask for a package like we got for Yelich

Miami wants Robles OR Soto straight up for JT and Washington wants Kieboom and more(Not Soto or Robles)

They have told teams they are willing to do a package like the got for Yelich-they don't wanna do 1 like that with Washington however cause holding out for Robles or Soto

Comment

• Robles for JT straight up was a fair deal this winter, but JT's taken his game to another level, and meanwhile Robles has barely played this year because of an injury. Things have changed. You gotta get multiple top prospects.

Comment

Working...
                                X