2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    i'd say that's probably the best game you could have gone to. saw history and one of the best individual hitting games ever. what was the best case scenario? you see a terrible team about to lose 100 games win 1?
    He went the night before.

Side note - I feel for you Namaste. I decided to go to a bar drinking with friends than watch Roy Halladay pitch that perfect game. I am still fucking mad 15 years later.

Comment

• Other news

Berry since May 25th is now 349 PA, .288/.361/.447 (.327 BABIP), 9.5% BB, 16.6% K. His slash has dipped from a few weeks ago, but the BABIP has dropped which is good and still maintaining a good line and BB/K. I think I mentioned, but pipeline did a quiet update and he was out of the top 30 in their big midseason update, but just moved him back in at 21 (this is below Mesa Jr., Pintar, and Marsee for some perspective, but I suppose Berry may be a higher floor bat, with the other three higher floor players as they may be able to handle CF competently so they get raised a little, etc.). Of course all fringe guys here.

They don't do the splits on MiLB per level/month, but overall this year Berry has a 125 OPS RHP advantage (.704 vs .572 vs LHP). In 2023 is was the opposite, so who knows. I'd like to know since May 25th when he first started hitting a bit.

Ultimately, I do hope they get Colin Moran out of him at a minimum - which was 1.9 WAR in around 1200 PA in 2017-2020. If he can play 1B/RF/LF that is going to be fine for the bench, especially with a split advantage. I'm not sure there is much more hope than this, absent a swing change that can tap into the power. Everything says lower EV so this is such a bummer of a draft pick when directly after him Brooks Lee (SS/3B), Jace Jung (3B), and Zach Neto (SS) were drafted and boy could they use one of them.

Comment

• it's ridiculous that ohtani can just decide to steal 50 bags for the hell of it while also hitting 50 bombs since he couldnt pitch this year. just a ridiculous player

Comment

• watching the brewers every year, that is the franchise we should be looking to become. never more than middle of the pack payroll, also make salary cutting moves like trading burnes instead of signing him, but always find a way to compete.

Comment

• The Brewers have lost the Wild Card series 3 of the last 5 years and haven’t won a LCS in 42 years.

No thanks. I think they make the playoffs a lot because they play in a weak division.

fish16, I missed the Marlins 11-9 win over the Dodgers and also missed probably the greatest individual offensive game in the history of baseball. You must have missed a post.

Comment

• the brewers have made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 years and won 89 or more games 4 out of the last full 5 seasons on a mid level payroll. They lost to the NL champion in 2018, the world series champion in 2019, the world series champion in 2020, the world series champion in 2021, missed the playoffs in 2022 despite winning more games than we did when we made the playoffs last year, and then lost to the nl champion last year. We have made the playoffs in a legitimate season 1 time in 21 years. We havent won a playoff game with an attendance higher than 0 in 21 years. the playoffs in baseball are a crapshoot, they consistently get a mid level payroll to the playoffs. our best seasons since 2010 would be their worst season in 7 years. they are an incredibly well run team. they have the 24th highest opening day payroll this year, 20th last year,. 17th in 2022, 21st in 2021, 23rd in 2020, 16th in 2019, and 26th in 2018. Never had a higher opening day payroll than 108 million.

They play in a division with a cardinals team that has been under .500 once before this year since 1999, and the cubs who consistently have one of the highest payrolls in baseball and had the best core in baseball for the last half of the 2010's. It's like saying the braves play in a weak division because the division has the marlins and nationals.

Last edited by fish16; 09-20-2024, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Yeah both Central divisions are known for being real tough

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  Yeah both Central divisions are known for being real tough
                  ya, they are just lucking themselves into the playoffs consistently. over the last 10 years the NL Central win percentage is .502, 3rd toughest behind the AL East and NL West. The NL East is 5th at .492, and the AL Central is dead last at .476.

Every division has bad teams. The brewers have been one of the best teams in baseball with bottom 10 payrolls for a while.
                  Last edited by fish16; 09-20-2024, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• I’d rather be the Brewers than the Marlins I’ll give you that. But they’re always the least feared team (or close to it) in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      I’d rather be the Brewers than the Marlins I’ll give you that. But they’re always the least feared team (or close to it) in the playoffs.
                      last 3 words- in the playoffs. just gotta get to the playoffs and see what happens and they do it consistently with a low payroll. dodgers have also lost in the first round each of the last 2 years. shit happens. we talk up the rays as well and they've been swept each of the last 2 years as well. granted, their best player missed the end of the year because they were a pedophile.
                      Last edited by fish16; 09-20-2024, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• DDLS hit his 40th hr and it went 476 feet.

Comment

Working...
                        X