No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some guy named Kitchen is pitching for us and getting torched.

Comment

• im fine trying out guys because its absurd how many injuries we have had in our rotation this year, but i can legitimately name like 3 guys on the pitching staff off the top of my head currently.

I saw Garrett and weathers are supposed to maybe make a return for a little to end the year. Cool i guess. What is the projected rotation for next year at this point? Sandy, Luzardo, Garrett, Cabrera, Weathers, with other options being Meyer and Eury when he comes back probably in July, Mazur should get close to full year in AAA next year but i guess is an option. Im probably missing someone injured right now, but while it looks good on paper with the top 5, we've said that for years, and as much as we talk about trading an arm like Luzardo (with way limited value now), honestly at this point we need a mid rotation innings eating type stabilizer for next year even without dealing someone currently. Mark redman 2003 would be the perfect addition for next year. He's probably not an option right now though as a 50 year old.

I dont think they have the MLB ready depth to deal a guy right now without making a significant free agent signing on a 1 year deal if not 2 of them. and that's without any further injuries. So the talk of dealing pitching depth for arms, while eventually a reality with Snelling, Mazur, and then the next wave of White and Meyer, that's probably a year away at the earliest.

Without that, next year is probably a cubs 2014 type year (we dont have anywhere near that type of high end talent) where we have intriguing pieces but service time games and realistic time lines mean we are a year away.

They will 100% play service time games or they wont be mlb ready with Ramirez and DDLS, plus guys like VMJR, Serna, Mack, Sanoja, and others are a year away at best. And as much as lou wants to will it into existence, they arent signing a major free agent, let alone more than 1. So we are looking at 2026 in my opinion for a team that is legitimately intriguing, though next year should obviously be a lot more fun with guys coming back from injury and young guys making their debut.
      Last edited by fish16; 09-06-2024, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• i didnt even realize kitchen only started because cabrera was scrateched right before first pitch for yet another injury. Ideally, if we can have Cabrera, Meyer, and Nardi as our back end bullpen for the next several years, that is ideal. I would continue trotting meyer and cabrera out as starters untill it's clear it's not an option, but those 2 are ideally closers or back end arms with a full rotation of team controlled high talent guys. I dont want to seem like a cabrera hater but the guy cannot hold up as a starter, it's abundantly clear.were now going on 3 years straight of not only consistent injuries, but consistent arm injuries. And that's without even talking about the fact that he gets rocked the 2nd and 3rd time through the lineup plus the awful control. I look towards 2026 and Sandy, Eury, Weathers, Snelling, Luzardo?, Mazur, and then probably close to White and Meyer time with Cabrera and Meyer in the bullpen looks really good to me, plus whatever other bullpen arms pan out in the next year. That's a great start.
        Last edited by fish16; 09-06-2024, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• I doubt Luzardo and Alcantra are Marlins past next seasons deadline. Nor should they be.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
            I doubt Luzardo and Alcantra are Marlins past next seasons deadline. Nor should they be.
            sandy should be 100%. there is 0 reason to trade him. luzardo we will see. but it's clear they should have dealt him last winter.

Comment

• There is good reason to trade him. He turns 30 next year. He has one guaranteed year left. The team will not be competitive in his time here. The 2027 option makes what is already the team's best trade chip even better.

Alcantra being on the team past the 2025 deadline would be borderline idiotic.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

There is good reason to trade him. He turns 30 next year. He has one guaranteed year left. The team will not be competitive in his time here. The 2027 option makes what is already the team's best trade chip even better.

Alcantra being on the team past the 2025 deadline would be borderline idiotic.
                They have 3 full years of control left with Sandy. You don’t know what the duxi you’re talking about.

Comment

• Guaranteed through 2026. 2027 is an option. And he turns 30 next year. His value will never be higher.
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Guaranteed through 2026. 2027 is an option. And he turns 30 next year. His value will never be higher.
                    2027 is a team option, so they have control of whether he becomes a free agent.

Comment

• I dont get why people want to keep Alcantra, who is close to being on the wrong side of 30 and in years the team isn't going to be competing. He is likely what brings the final pieces needed to be competitive.
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

I dont get why people want to keep Alcantra, who is close to being on the wrong side of 30 and in years the team isn't going to be competing. He is likely what brings the final pieces needed to be competitive.
                        Fill one whole by opening another.

Comment

• It's going to be a hole sooner rather than later anyway.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Javier Sanoja got called up and got his first AB tonight.
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Norby is a stud. 2 HRs today. Sanoja 2-2 in his first start.

Comment

• Edward Cabrera 7 scoreless with no ER’s and one walk, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X