No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More trades coming per Mish. Sanchez? The other relievers like Cronin surely will be gone

Comment

• The DLC trade is another interesting one. Shim was one of the headliners in the reported Cabrera trade in the offseason. So they clearly like him. Also Jim Bowden just said on MLB radio that the Pirates finished 2nd in the Jazz sweepstakes (which intrigues me about what that package looked like if Mish is right about them needing a catcher back in that deal), and that the Pirates are sending some of that in the DLC deal. Forrester, apparently was being developed as a catcher conversion, which is also interesting if his bat pans out.

Incidentally, Bowden also said the Marlins did very well on the Roger’s trade and did well on the Scott trade.

Comment

• Quite frankly, sign Adames and then trade Luzardo for an absolutely epic CF as the main piece

C - Fortes, Banfield/Ramirez
        1B - Burger, DDLS
        2B - Edwards, Otto
        SS - ADAMES, Sanoja
        3B - Pauley
        LF - Sanchez, Norby
        CF - DUDE FOR LUZARDO
        RF - Stowers

SP - Sandy, Garrett, FREE AGENT, Max, Weathers, Cabrera
        RHP - Mazur, Bender, Brazoban, Cronin, Faucher
        LHP - Nardi, BENDIX FIND SOMEONE

Then sign a free agent #4/5 SP for 1 year as you shed $7+ million with Luzardo. Under $90m easily.

I love absolutely everything about this team besides 3B.

And then this happens sooner rather than later:

C - Ramirez, Mack
        1B - DDLS, Martorella/Berry
        2B - Serna, Edwards
        SS - ADAMES, Sanoja
        3B - Pauley
        LF - Sanchez, Norby
        CF - DUDE FOR LUZARDO
        RF - Stowers

SP RHP - Sandy, EURY, Max, Cabrera
        SP LHP - Garrett, Weathers, Snelling

RHP RP - Mazur, Bender, Cronin, Brazoban/Whoever
        LHP RP - Nardi, Fulton/Simpson

Top prospects - Noble, White, Head, Mesa Jr., Martorella/Berry, and if they get the # 1 pick in the draft, they get Ethan Holliday (3B)

Comment

• Brazoban to the Mets. Hope he doesn’t need a visa to get to New York or else he will get there by December

Comment

• Give me an out of the blue Luzardo deal where they bring back a haul!

Comment

• Nardi!!!’

Comment

• I am underwhelmed by a few individual moves, but Jazz/Rogers are pretty damn good.The aggregate here is a big step forward and you can see the plan. I think Peter did a good job here and I now forgive the offseason as this is a cohesive plan. Hope all over now.

Now, we shift focus to the evil villain who must spend money as he needs 2-3 players max with what his front office has accomplished. $30m on 2-3 players, or $37m if Luzardo is moved like I hypotheticalize above.

Bruce, ball is in your court. Start saving that Adames money my man.

Comment

• Nardi should get a pretty good return. We’ll see.

Comment

• Replace Brazoban above with "whoever" - i.e. Maldonado

Brazoban to Mets!

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      I am underwhelmed by a few individual moves, but Jazz/Rogers are pretty damn good.The aggregate here is a big step forward and you can see the plan. I think Peter did a good job here and I now forgive the offseason as this is a cohesive plan. Hope all over now.

Now, we shift focus to the evil villain who must spend money as he needs 2-3 players max with what his front office has accomplished. $30m on 2-3 players, or $37m if Luzardo is moved like I hypotheticalize above.

Bruce, ball is in your court. Start saving that Adames money my man.
                      I doubt it, but with these moves, the timeline could be shorter than anticipated. So if he’s not spending at least by 2026, what’s the point in actually having a franchise?

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post

I doubt it, but with these moves, the timeline could be shorter than anticipated. So if he’s not spending at least by 2026, what’s the point in actually having a franchise?
                        Agree. But we have the perfect storm. The pitching is there. The payroll is there. All the roster spots are there with hope in youth and some real pedigree in places. Doesn't mean they work out, but the names are there.

If they sign Miguel Rojas and Michael Taylor as the last 2 position players at $65m, needing a longterm SS and 1 is available and its the only 1 in free agency for years, I think we know my and the collective response. This is lining up for the perfect opportunity for Adames as the payroll is cleared out. Bendix developed Adames in Tampa for the love of god.

And even more so if Luzardo is moved for a CF. More payroll moved with him. Then you are under $58m or so..... and you need 1-3 roster spots. A SS, a bench infielder, and 2nd bullpen lefty.

This is it Bruce. This is how you win us back as Peter got us halfway there today.

Comment

• Wilfredo Lara is the Brazoban return.

Not Marlins related, but Baltimore is getting Eloy Jimenez. I’m curious what they paid.

Comment

• Lara is 20th on mlb, not in BA's top 30. Super young for his level so they must like something. apparently has a rocket arm.

Comment

• My post about nardi was from a marlins radio guy saying he expects to be traded, but i havent heard anything since so who knows if thats real. at this point its Cronin, nardi, and sanchez

Comment

• BA has Shim 28th and Forrester out of the pirates top 30

Comment

Working...
                                X