2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    I’ll shut my mouth if they can acquire that 1 cornerstone can’t miss bat for Tanner Scott. Every team is supposedly in on him, if they can get a guy like Coby mayo, things start looking a lot different. Until then, it’s thoroughly unimpressive
    I mean they won't get Mayo for him alone.

But there is Luzardo who is controlled for 2.3 seasons and should be playoff ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      We’ll see. The guys running things have been a part of groups that were awfully good at evaluating prospects in Tampa and Seattle. I’m willing to let it play out before I kill them.

I think you’re right that it could go a long way on how this ends up. One would think Miami believes he would. Mish said all the deals they were looking at were headlined by catchers, as they made that a priority.
      Ideally, Mack can hit enough right handers and Ramirez gets the lefties at catcher longterm. Something like this develops:

vs RHP
      C Mack
      1B Martorella/Ramirez/DLS
      LF (Some Martorella)
      DH Ramirez/DLS

vs LHP
      C Ramirez
      1B DLS/____
      DH ___/DLS

Some right handed hitter is eventually found to help out here. Could be DLC even until bridges to something more beneficial longterm.

Also if balls and strikes are auto-mated, Ramirez "defense" becomes less of a concern. I do think that is part of the thought process. Framing becomes more irrelevant if he isn't great there.

Comment

• Jason Adam (who Puk is better than) traded for a FV50 arm (Lesko). He’s probably more valuable than Scott because he has more control years but wow. RP market is bananas.

Immediate thoughts are Bendix really likes DLS as I’d much rather have Lesko on paper, and combined with the Phillies RP deal, Scott should net a FV45+ which is a rather crazy price for a rental but I am here for that. Basically, another Head or Serna. Hopefully MLB next year.

Arizona has three SS rated that highly in the minors, Seattle has 2, Yankees have 2. Dodgers have a few but really young. I wonder if the Mets would move Mauricio. Past that Pittsburgh and Houston have multiple FV45s. I think there will be options here if they do go SS.

Comment

• Lesko hasn't been good so far in his career and his ERA is over 6 in A ball as a 22 year old.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

I’ll shut my mouth if they can acquire that 1 cornerstone can’t miss bat for Tanner Scott. Every team is supposedly in on him, if they can get a guy like Coby mayo, things start looking a lot different. Until then, it’s thoroughly unimpressive
            I think that’s a tough ask. If he gets Mayo for a rental we can start building a statue. Connor Norby would be more realistic, but still probably too ambitious.

The Marlins have so many RPs they can move, they really have an opportunity in this market to boost the farm.

Comment

• I wouldn't be upset if after the 30th the only players currently on the 25 man that are still there are Meyer, Nardi, Hoeing, and Edwards.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Jason Adam just went to the Padres for a huge return. Probably not as good as Scott, but more control.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post

I think that’s a tough ask. If he gets Mayo for a rental we can start building a statue. Connor Norby would be more realistic, but still probably too ambitious.

The Marlins have so many RPs they can move, they really have an opportunity in this market to boost the farm.
                  I think the problem with the Orioles is they are so left handed heavy it’s hard to ask for Mayo or Norby as the best two young ones. Even Basallo is a lefty. And yes a statue is built if Scott alone gets Mayo. Luzardo and Scott would make sense however.

For Scott I think Bradfield is the target.

Comment

• What was Kim thinking not calling up Edwards last year?

Who can they hire to get him to be an acceptable SS defender so they find some right handed SS who can hit lefties and he plays against most right handers and can slide somewhere else for late game defense as needed?

Comment

• Bender with 3 years of control for Norby and RHP Jean Pinto would be a solid deal for both sides.
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        Bender with 3 years of control for Norby and RHP Jean Pinto would be a solid deal for both sides.
                        What on earth are you talking about

Comment

People were talking about possibly acquiring Norby.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Norby downgraded to FV40 and LF only. No more 2B projection. K rate is 6% up and he’s hitting .297 with a .387 BABIP so that is concerning if that average drops sub .250. He has a platoon split also hitting .150 OPS points or so higher against left handers. Which is understandable as a right handed hitter.

He makes sense for teams with a ton of left handed bats as a platoon guy. I don’t think Baltimore would move him as he’s perfect long term for their bench, but he’s not part of the star studded Baltimore prospect lineup.

Bender might be a little light though, but he’s not a centerpiece for Scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post

People were talking about possibly acquiring Norby.
                              Bender isn’t getting you norby. Hes a thoroughly ok middle reliever

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Norby downgraded to FV40 and LF only. No more 2B projection. K rate is 6% up and he’s hitting .297 with a .387 BABIP so that is concerning if that average drops sub .250. He has a platoon split also hitting .150 OPS points or so higher against left handers. Which is understandable as a right handed hitter.

He makes sense for teams with a ton of left handed bats as a platoon guy. I don’t think Baltimore would move him as he’s perfect long term for their bench, but he’s not part of the star studded Baltimore prospect lineup.

Bender might be a little light though, but he’s not a centerpiece for Scott.
                                Norby is on pace to hit 32 homers, 114 rbi, 26 steals, hit 300, and an ops above .900 in aaa. He is much more valuable than bender

Comment

Working...
                                X