No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serna doesn't have the arm for 3B by all reports, and Edwards doesn't either.

3B is up for grabs. They have nothing and Yoan Moncada is the best free agent.

Comment

• Josh Bell to DBacks

Comment

• Can't be upset about the change in Berry, either. Since he came back from a break 2 months ago it's like he's been a completely different player. And while his BABIP is a bit high, it isn't like ridiculous. Hopefully he just made the necessary adjustments.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Bell to the D-Backs per Mish.

Comment

• Gotta get a big time CF/SS/3B Prospect for Scott.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Gotta get a big time CF/SS/3B Prospect for Scott.
              Marcelo Mayer COMMON ONE TIME

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Thanks.

This isn't apoplectic. This is fine for everyone. Norby might be a lefty starter in LF only, and Stowers is volatile. There is huge upside with them though.

Rogers is a fine 4th/5th SP, with bullpen floor, cheap, and proven.

I would rank them

Jazz - Great
                Rogers - Good/Fair
                Arraez - Light, but I get it if they love D. Head
                Puk - Low
                I’m just saying what I see on social media. Those fans LOVE both of these players and are livid that they were traded here. Like calling their GM a moron, livid.

Comment

• Stowers 19 games at CF this year at AAA. I imagine he'll get a look these last two months, because why the hell not?

Comment

• Cash Considerations for Bell. Sherman gonna take the fam to Outback tonight.

Comment

Gotta get a big time CF/SS/3B Prospect for Scott.
                      100%

League inventory is low for a 3B (I have looked) so it'll be a secondary 3B not for 2025 unless someone makes a big mistake or bigger deal.

SS guys are there but further away, unless its like Mauricio on the Mets, etc. Lombard (NYY), Peete (SEA) and gang make sense but are years away.

Plenty of CF. I think this is a CF move

For instance, Minnesota has been quiet and this guy is obliterating AA. FV45+ - https://www.fangraphs.com/players/lu...position=2B/OF

CF defense may be skeptical, but Mesa Jr is a high floor defensive backup FWIW, and he can always move to RF as its not like Sanchez, Norby, and Stowers are exactly perfect players. Let them duke it out.

Something like this is what I am hoping for.

Yoan Moncada seems destined as the "big" FA signing for 3B opening day. No idea about SS but hey, why not.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post

I’m just saying what I see on social media. Those fans LOVE both of these players and are livid that they were traded here. Like calling their GM a moron, livid.
                        Yea, they are way over valuing Norby here.

They will like Rogers eventually too.

They should be happy this is their lineup. This is ridiculous and they need a defensive 2B/SS type only long term who is right handed. They have everything they need and more.

Adley, Basallo
                        Mayo
                        Holliday
                        Gunnar, _____
                        Westburg, Wagner
                        Kjerstad
                        Cowser, Bradfield
                        Beavers, Fabian

Comment

Stowers 19 games at CF this year at AAA. I imagine he'll get a look these last two months, because why the hell not?
                          Yes for sure. Try him at 3B too. Who cares.

Comment

• these kinds of moves are why i hated committing to a multi year rebuild but whatever, whats done is done at this point. They have so much pitching in the pipeline when healthy, there is no reason they couldnt have made these kinds of moves and still tried to compete next year.

I'm glad the bally's thing got figured out, because this team will actually be interesting to watch the rest of the way. At least the lineup. I hope to see Johnston, Norby, Stowers, Edwards, DLS, and Ramirez in the lineup every day moving forward.

Hopefully DLC is out next.

Comment

• this scott deal has the potential to really turn things around very quickly. They need to go for 1 guy, and they need to fucking nail that 1 guy.

Comment

Cash Considerations for Bell. Sherman gonna take the fam to Outback tonight.
                                That’s the first disappointing one for me. One would think if you paid his salary, you could have gotten something. But the hope would be that there wasn’t anything out there, and they’ll use the savings in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X