Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Another gem thrown by Luzardo
    16 swings and misses. The stuff is all there, he just got Atlanta'd at this one.

I don't think we have a big picture concern here. 58% LOB rate (career 71%) and 2.25 HR/9 (career 1.30). His walks are up though - 4.50 BB/9 (career 3.25, last year 2.77).

SSS but this one should average out. It's abnormal HR and LOB, and some extra walks. I'd buy heavily if you play fantasy baseball. I bet we get at minimum his 2023 xFIP (3.72 ERA) here on out, which is notably worse than his 2022/2023 actual rate. And then he'll start winning games in Camden Yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

They are going to lose 95 games with or without him, it's honestly malpractice if they don't preserve the service time. I know I know I know, but we will care about this in a few years more than likely. He looks like a keeper.

It's late July also as the current line in the sand.I can't really pinpoint an exact day on the fly, but I think he'll get 10-12 starts at the MLB level to end the year. Assuming AAA goes well.
      I’m going to so happy we preserved that year of service time when we trade him in 4 years.

Comment

• I pretty much agree with lou but the optics are brutal. "Max, you have a 3.69 xFIP and our rotation is cratered by injuries. We want you to go to AAA and work on stuff"

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          I pretty much agree with lou but the optics are brutal. "Max, you have a 3.69 xFIP and our rotation is cratered by injuries. We want you to go to AAA and work on stuff"
          They don’t give two shits about optics, they’ll pull shit like this and then use low attendance as an excuse not to spend on the team. Circle of the Marlins.

Comment

• a complete joke of a franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

I’m going to so happy we preserved that year of service time when we trade him in 4 years.
              exactly. it's ridiculous. it's impossible to root for. im a diehard marlins fan and i just do not give a flying fuck about this team anymore. why would anyone be a fan of the way this is run?

Comment

• i love the dumb fuck beat writers we have towing the company bullshit line about innings limits. Frisaro even dumb enough to say publicly that minor league innings arent the same as innings against the braves. just the worst franchise and even more incompetent beat writers. not a single one will have the courage to call them out to their face about the clear service time manipulation when they spout the bullshit about preserving his innings while he goes and pitches every 5th day in AAA. Such a minor league organization it is almost impossible to root for.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

exactly. it's ridiculous. it's impossible to root for. im a diehard marlins fan and i just do not give a flying fuck about this team anymore. why would anyone be a fan of the way this is run?
                  Just to be clear here - I absolutely agree it is ridiculous they operate like this and aren't trying to win.

But if that is true, they simply must absolutely keep Max down until late July. It is service manipulation 101 for sure, but it helps the team in potentially contending years which is not this year, or while said in jest above, gives them another year to trade so maybe the lightning strikes eventually.

The franchise is a complete joke. All I want is unapologetic baseball moves though. Trade out BALS right now and just be honest about it. If you're going to suck, really commit to it and let's find out if Brujan or O. Lopez click after 200 dedicated routine PA. Who gives a fuck. Call up Johnston. Call up Dane. Call up Banfield after the S2 deadline in July. Ultimately, the trade assets + the money opened up is the best thing they can do for where they are. So they just have to be honest with us here. I think we'd all be angry, but appreciate the honesty in a tear down now even if that should have happened in the offseason if this was the plan (which it was). Better late than never.

But I agree, I too do not give much of a flying fuck. But I can't quit them as I do think the foundation here is to succeed once the SP is healthy. Which will eventually happen. Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    i love the dumb fuck beat writers we have towing the company bullshit line about innings limits. Frisaro even dumb enough to say publicly that minor league innings arent the same as innings against the braves. just the worst franchise and even more incompetent beat writers. not a single one will have the courage to call them out to their face about the clear service time manipulation when they spout the bullshit about preserving his innings while he goes and pitches every 5th day in AAA. Such a minor league organization it is almost impossible to root for.
                    This is true, they should be up Bruce's ass for refusing to spend for 5-6 years now. Or Bendix for refusing to spend money. These folks have to stop giving them passes when team's are 2-3x their spending in their division, and they decrease payroll dramatically after a playoff appearance, after their best SP and top 2-3 bat aren't here. Hopefully one of them goes on the attack and isn't fearful of them pulling access to the team which is of course the real issue here as to why they don't do it. We need a hero.

Comment

• I just peaked at the box score and serious LOL at how terrible they are for coughing up that lead.

(But Cabrera's statcast backs it up and holy bejesus get fucking excited if he's only going to walk 1-2 guys a game.)

Comment

• This team is laughably bad. DLC with a truly awful 3 pitch strikeout to end the game with Arraez on first. I’m about done with this franchise. What exactly is there to root for? 5 years from now when max Meyer will be traded anyways? Or maybe that rotation on paper that never pans out due to injuries?

Comment

• How many times this season have the Marlins scored between 3 and 5 runs in ONE inning and score ZERO runs the remaining 8 innings?

Comment

• Brax experiencing dead arm per MLB.com

Comment

• Congrats Bruce…..I’m in complete non-care mode. I’ll glance at the score notification when it comes in and still post online but I really just don’t care anymore. Clearly they don’t, why should fans. It’s pathetic what they’ve done, and have flat out lied to everyone about spending. I bought into the rebuild, understanding why, and trusting they’d follow through on their promises, and they haven’t……I’m not putting my time and money into this BS anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                Congrats Bruce…..I’m in complete non-care mode. I’ll glance at the score notification when it comes in and still post online but I really just don’t care anymore. Clearly they don’t, why should fans. It’s pathetic what they’ve done, and have flat out lied to everyone about spending. I bought into the rebuild, understanding why, and trusting they’d follow through on their promises, and they haven’t……I’m not putting my time and money into this BS anymore.
                                agreed. Though i havent put money into this team in years other than a fanatics marlins shirt every once and a while. they make it actively difficult to root for this team from broward and palm beach. getting there sucks compared to the old stadium and they dont make an effort to put a good product out there, so why should i make an effort to give them my money?

I would try to find another team to root for but i just cant change allegiances like that so im just going to not care about baseball moving forward until this guy sells i guess. He took a team that already almost killed baseball down here and has shut the coffin and lowered it into the ground. fuck this team. this will hopefully be my last post here until he sells

Comment

Working...
                                X