No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People can talk about extensions and arbitration and free agency but it doesn't matter.

This organization has no strategy or philosophy or plan outside of spending as little as possible so Sherman can funnel more revenue sharing and TV money into his own pocket.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
      People can talk about extensions and arbitration and free agency but it doesn't matter.

This organization has no strategy or philosophy or plan outside of spending as little as possible so Sherman can funnel more revenue sharing and TV money into his own pocket.
      It's somewhat true with the overall payroll, but strategy wise, I think they'd say we probably expected Scott/Misner/VVM/Burdick to work out to get an outfielder (ignoring Bleday for a P trade), and Berry was thought of to be the first 2022 guy to break with a club as he was just an advanced bat. If they had two draft picks - over 5 years - as 2-3+ WAR guys on this team, things would be pretty radically different. They'd still need more, but then maybe the strategy would have bought them a JD Davis for $2.5m on top of this as they'd be much closer to contending with a healthy SP staff.

Just saying here, Bruce is a total loser, but the often discussed draft failures is playing a big part right now not being able to fill some at least bench spots on the team at a minimum.

And also, I just realized here Dylan Floro was traded by them for Alex Vesia and ....... Kyle Hurt (5th Rd. 2020). He is Fangraphs #86 prospect now and a projected future mid rotation starter or real plus bullpen arm. For the love of fuck.

Comment

• They traded Misner for a mediocre utility infielder like a year and a half after drafting him.

Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• We shouldn’t have these guys in the bullpen anyways, but fuck skip loves nothing more than watching a close game become a blowout by pitching the worst guys in our bullpen. How is Burch smith in the major leagues?

Comment

• Because his arm is attached to his body and he costs the league minimum.
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Sending max Meyer down would be a fucking disgrace but very marlins

Comment

• Another gem thrown by Luzardo

Comment

• That was pretty gross

Comment

• One strike away

0-2 pitch I believe

Comment

• If the plan was to tank this year, why wouldn’t they have traded Tanner Scott in the offseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        If the plan was to tank this year, why wouldn’t they have traded Tanner Scott in the offseason?
                        I don’t think the plan was to “tank,” but rather to not do anything until they “evaluate” under the new FO’s philosophy.

Which turned horrible because the team still needed help in plenty of areas before the arm injuries.

Comment

• cabrera back today

Comment

• Max Meyer to AAA.

i can’t with this team any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              If the plan was to tank this year, why wouldn’t they have traded Tanner Scott in the offseason?
                              Great question, but probably relievers might be worth more at the deadline?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                Max Meyer to AAA.

i can’t with this team any more.
                                They are going to lose 95 games with or without him, it's honestly malpractice if they don't preserve the service time. I know I know I know, but we will care about this in a few years more than likely. He looks like a keeper.

It's late July also as the current line in the sand.I can't really pinpoint an exact day on the fly, but I think he'll get 10-12 starts at the MLB level to end the year. Assuming AAA goes well.

Comment

Working...
                                X