2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
    Lou finds a way to mention Danny Jansen into every post.

I've never seen anyone so enamored with such a shit player before. It's fascinating.
    I'm not enamored with him at all, but I can also practically read this list as to what is available next year as I find it unlikely they are able to trade for a catcher. But maybe they can get Kyle Teel or Pittsburgh is a surprise contender and injured Endy Rodriguez is shipping over? There must be FA solutions for this team next year, and quick frankly, who you got on the list below?

Elias Diaz, Gary Sanchez (mutual option), Yasmani Grandal, Danny Jansen, Travis dArnaud, Yan Gomes, Francisco Mejia, Austin Barnes (club option), Omar Narvaez, Carson Kelly, James McCann, Martin Maldonado (club option), Tomas Nido, Austin Nola, Austin Hedges, Jacob Stallings, Max Stassi (club option), Andrew Knizner

Comment

• Up by 3 and doing stupid ass shit.

Comment

• Bryan de la Cruz has blackmail on someone in the front office. It’s the only explanation for a guy who has been so consistently bad for 3 straight years to still be on the team playing every single god damn day in the heart of the lineup

Comment

• Sixto induces 3 ground balls and a pop fly and the Marlins record 1 out.

Comment

• Life is pain.

Comment

• This defense is pathetic.

Comment

• Maybe we don’t take a victory lap for spring training performances when guys miss 3 full years? Has given up runs every time out, no strikeouts in 3 appearances. And his velocity is 93-95
                Last edited by fish16; 04-04-2024, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• This bullpen is laughably horrific

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Maybe we don’t take a victory lap for spring training performances when guys miss 3 full years? Has given up runs every time out, no strikeouts in 3 appearances. And his velocity is 93-95
                    Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Or look at statcast. The 7th inning is wild. It should have been -0- runs.

7th Inning

Sixto
                      Flyout (.070 xBA)
                      Error (.130 xBA)
                      Single (Arenado, .600 xBA) <---- At least 40% probability out of the inning even if hit well
                      Single (Herrera, .430 xBA) <---- over 55% probability out of the inning

Nardi
                      Double (Gorman, .150 xBA) <--- over 90% probability out of the inning, but error + bad luck
                      Flyout (xBA .140) <----- well over 90% probability of the inning
                      Single (Burleson, .560 xBA) <----- This is like 99% probability the inning should be over at this point even if hard hit, still an out 44%
                      Triple (Winn, .030 xBA) <--- What. The. Actual. Fuck. Is. Going. On.

That is an epic shitty inning.

You do not see many .030 xBA triples after a .150 xBA double, and usually one of those other 3 hits is an out. This should be 6 outs. At minimum 5. Not 2.

Comment

I did watch the game. I watched him, as Lou posted, get fucked by an error and give up two balls that had xba of over .400. All while throwing 93-95 out of the bullpen when he was throwing 98 in spring and on opening day, and not striking any of the 15 hitters he’s faced so far out. He looks like absolutely nothing special out of the bullpen. Pitch to contact guys out of the bullpen are prone to bad luck. It’s why most closers and the best relievers in the league strike a shit ton of guys out. It’s very hard to pitch to contact out of the bullpen and be reliable
                        Last edited by fish16; 04-04-2024, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

I did watch the game. I watched him, as Lou posted, get fucked by an error and give up two balls that had xba of over .400. All while throwing 93-95 out of the bullpen when he was throwing 98 in spring and on opening day, and not striking any of the 15 hitters he’s faced so far out. He looks like absolutely nothing special out of the bullpen
                          Oh you didn't watch shit. Please.

No one who watched that inning came away thinking anything other than, "wow, Arraez completely fucked away a chance for this team to finally get a win".

You are insufferable.

Comment

Oh you didn't watch shit. Please.

No one who watched that inning came away thinking anything other than, "wow, Arraez completely fucked away a chance for this team to finally get a win".

You are insufferable.
                            Errors happen. He had a guy on first and 1 out and proceeded to give up 2 more hits and nardi continued to be terrible in the early season in relief of him. Arenado easily could have had a double down the line instead of an infield single. Hes pitching to contact and throwing 93-95 instead of 98. His fastball velocity is down from 98.8 to 94.2. The guy has not struck a single batter out of 15 out. It’s not an impressive skill set, especially out of the bullpen. You just don’t want to admit that you acted as if spring training meant anything other than that he’s alive. Your victory lap was absurd over 8 spring innings for a guy who hasn’t pitched in 3 years

fangraphs updated and he has a 6.33 xfip and a 7.65 fip. His XFIP yesterday alone in those 4 hitters was 7.69. Fuck off with he has been unlucky. Hes been bad
                            Last edited by fish16; 04-05-2024, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• I missed this in the Eury news, they claimed another fringe bench bat - Otto Lopez (https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/...om-giants.html)

He was Toronto's # 9 prospect (FG) in 2023 and the TLDR is, he's a potential 2B/CF, fringe SS/3B, backup with a real good hit tool, no power. He's another Edwards type.

I think this is a good strategy of churning the waiver wire and trying to find your bench for next year FWIW. But still can't believe this is the stuff to talk about 7 games in.

Has BALS been traded yet? (Bell, Arraez, Luzardo, Scott). I'm going to call them BALS here on out. BALS needs to be traded ASAP and then reassess after the break.

Comment

• Also want to mention I give it a 0% chance Max isn't deflected now given they are losing presumably 40+ Eury starts. They can make those up kind of on the ledger just keeping Max down to the ASB after he throws 1 more start even if that's years away.

Does Hoeing end up top 5 in innings this season? Garrett, Cabrera, Rogers, and Weathers would be my top 4 bets once Luzardo is moved. Puk seems destined to more of a RP role, Max service deflection, and I am struggling finding a way for Hoeing to not be 5th in innings on this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X