Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jazz Granny was fun. DLC is bad.

Comment

Is this the first day game with the roof open ever at Marlins Park?

Comment

God, the starting rotation situation is a disaster.

Comment

Where the F is Garcia on that pop-up?

Comment

Good thing we didn’t spend any further money on pitching its great.

Comment

Trevor rogers has been a downright bad pitcher for the vast majority of his career at this point. He had about 3-4 months to start 2021 and outside of that he’s been terrible. Which is why he shouldn’t have been guaranteed a role in the rotation. I guess he earned it and they didn’t really have a choice, but He should be in the minors when we get the rest of the guys back
              Last edited by fish16; 03-31-2024, 02:45 PM.

Comment

The positive about this offseason is that there will be about 45 different people in the front office who will have ideas about how to make this team less terrible

Comment

Lmao 4 extra innings in the series I believe and we didn’t score a single run.

Comment

What an accomplishment!

Comment

I would estimate the average exit velocity of all Pirates hits today was 70.

Comment

Bendix and Bruce are getting exactly what they want so they can blow it all up and start over again while spending $0

Comment

I’m honestly fine with them not spending big money on a an average starter to eat innings, but they consistently refuse to spend a single major league dollar on bullpen arms that are consistently available for cheap every offseason. We spend the first few months of every year shuffling shitty aaaa guy after shitty aaaa guy until they find a competent mix. It’s ridiculous. I’m not saying spend the big money on a guy like hader, but you can find impact late inning relievers for cheap
                          and we consistently just find whatever scraps don’t fit on the rays 40 man roster as our main additions year after year

Comment

Vladimir Gutierrez was asked to give us 4 innings in a game we were winning when he came in. Game 4 of the season and we ended up losing. Let that sink in.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              Trevor rogers has been a downright bad pitcher for the vast majority of his career at this point. He had about 3-4 months to start 2021 and outside of that he’s been terrible. Which is why he shouldn’t have been guaranteed a role in the rotation. I guess he earned it and they didn’t really have a choice, but He should be in the minors when we get the rest of the guys back
                              I think you're off on this one for two reasons. First, his velocity was up from spring training and back to what he showed pre injury in 2023, and he got a healthy amount of swings and misses and only around 3 balls were hit hard. It was actually an encouraging start from a health and stuff standpoint. Namaste is right they got some weak hits in there. That happens. He walked a few extra guys and they got freebie hits. He's going to be good this year if this is the Rogers we get, but there needs to be a little more control. That'll probably happen with some repetition. Can't let small sample sizes fool you, this was encouraging ignoring all the other bad shit that is happening. Second, you can't name 13 pitchers in the Marlins organization better than him right now, let alone 17-18 if you count the injured guys. He should be on the MLB team for sure, and probably is the 5th SP with Puk/Weathers being bulks for 1+ time through the lineup right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                Vladimir Gutierrez was asked to give us 4 innings in a game we were winning when he came in. Game 4 of the season and we ended up losing. Let that sink in.
                                I mean, 4 of their top 5 (including Sandy) SP are hurt right now so if you get a bum IP start (Puk, Weathers to an extent), that's going to happen. Big picture here, I imagine Eury, Garrett, and Cabrera would have thrown 13-15 innings to open the season in their three starts and this very very quickly is Guitterez, Hoeing, B. Smith, and some Sixto and Cronin. That's where the trickle down happens which I know you know and that's going to kill them until those guys are back unless Puk/Weathers/Max really bring it and those guys are 0-2 so far.

They lost 1-2 games because they didn't have those 4 pitchers IMO, and 1-2 games because they refused to upgrade Garcia + Bride spots on the team with guys like Michael Taylor, who had a .976 OPS against the Marlins in his 15 PA against them opening series. It's a combo of bad injury luck and general ineptitude. It'll swing back around as they aren't this bad, but they really can't afford any holes to dig out of of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X