2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Here's a recent quote from your BFF Craig Mish on the Arraez trade "No one wants to hear it but Arraez is not a highly coveted player. The offers before the season were meager at best."
    why bring the topic up again???

Comment

• We finally DFA’d Garcia per Rosenthal. Never thought it’d happen…

Comment

• Our payroll has to be being spent mostly on guys not on the roster the rest of the year. Definitely when luzardo and Scott and bell get traded

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          We finally DFA’d Garcia per Rosenthal. Never thought it’d happen…
          Praise Be.

Comment

• Currently paying the following people to not be on the roster:

Arraez- 10 million
            Barnes- 2.75 million,
            Cueto- 2.5 million
            Sandy- 9 million
            Garcia- 12 million
            Chargois- 1.25 million

That's 37.5 million out of 100 million- once scott, luzardo, and bell go, that is another 27.7 million gone, plus anderson is 5 million if they decide to cut bait at some point. Luckily i dont think stanton's money kicks in until next year.

Comment

• This Garcia move was obviously the right one to make, but we’re all prepared for him to become a serviceable player somewhere now that he’s gone, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                This Garcia move was obviously the right one to make, but we’re all prepared for him to become a serviceable player somewhere now that he’s gone, right?
                doubtful, he's been a thoroughly mediocre player the vast vast majority of his career. Which is why the signing was so obviously dumb at the time anyways. He's had a couple good years, but for the most part its been bad. if he does, so be it, it would have never happened here and it was just a distraction at this point.

Comment

This Garcia move was obviously the right one to make, but we’re all prepared for him to become a serviceable player somewhere now that he’s gone, right?
                  It's pretty doubtful. He was generally serviceable at best even in his best years. Been in the league almost 10 years and has had 2 where he wasn't just "meh".
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    It's pretty doubtful. He was generally serviceable at best even in his best years. Been in the league almost 10 years and has had 2 where he wasn't just "meh".
                    Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    I don’t want to make it seem like I’m defending the signing in any way. I was against that move going all the way back to when they were rumored to be interested. And obviously the odds are that he just continues to be bad. But the way things go for the Marlins it totally would not surprise me if he’s a serviceable bench player somewhere. That’s a low bar though. You both used the word “serviceable” prior to Miami, which is what I said.

Comment

I don’t want to make it seem like I’m defending the signing in any way. I was against that move going all the way back to when they were rumored to be interested. And obviously the odds are that he just continues to be bad. But the way things go for the Marlins it totally would not surprise me if he’s a serviceable bench player somewhere. That’s a low bar though. You both used the word “serviceable” prior to Miami, which is what I said.
                      It was always a bad move, but his OPS was 150 points lower than has career OPS with us, and this is a guy who has been in the league since 2012. That's shockingly bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

It was always a bad move, but his OPS was 150 points lower than has career OPS with us, and this is a guy who has been in the league since 2012. That's shockingly bad.
                        Yeah he wasn’t even average in his time here, which sadly wouldve been welcome just to get something out of the contract.

Comment

• jj bleday now has a 1.9 WAR this year according to baseball reference along with an .800 OPS

Comment

• Congrats to fish16 and Todd for finally pushing lou
                            away from posting here. It will be healthy for this forum (which is hanging on for life by a thread) to lose 1 of its 5 regular posters. And a very good poster at that.

Looking forward to fish16 having zero self awareness and telling me that lou posted the same thing over and over again and that he's glad lou is gone.

Comment

• Hope Lee Stone is doing ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                Congrats to fish16 and Todd for finally pushing lou
                                away from posting here. It will be healthy for this forum (which is hanging on for life by a thread) to lose 1 of its 5 regular posters. And a very good poster at that.

Looking forward to fish16 having zero self awareness and telling me that lou posted the same thing over and over again and that he's glad lou is gone.
                                thanks, appreciate the recognition. you should probably get used to no one talking about the marlins considering they are going to trade every recognizable piece yet again within the next 60 days, on top of most homes not even able to watch the games currently.

i hope you can survive without the 9 paragraph posts saying the same exact thing over and over while annually shifting the "target year" that is never actually a target year.
                                Last edited by fish16; 06-05-2024, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X