2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

it has been obvious for several months they are entering a several year rebuild. they got a 19 year old for berti, and the best player for arraez was 19. This is going to be a complete overhaul, and it will include obviously Luzardo, Scott, and Bell, and i would be shocked if Jazz is not dealt by the deadline. I personally find jazz to be overrated anyways so i wouldnt be all that upset depending on the return, but that's been the obvious direction. which is maddening, because if they simply retooled and just made the roster more balanced and spent some fucking money like a real franchise, they could have had a few year window of contention.
    I don’t think the trade return for Berti really tells us anything, and while Head being the headliner in the Arraez deal maybe suggests that, it could have just been the best deal out there (I hate to risk getting into another discussion about that trade). But what you get from your biggest chips should really tell us. If that’s what it is, I hope they’re rightfully torn apart by the media and fans, but at that point they should also trade Jazz, and Sandy, for that matter. Not now, obviously on Sandy, and when you trade Jazz should be determined on the packages being offered. But what’s the point in keeping them if you’re not trying to win any time soon. Sandy will get you a huge return that you could truly hope will lead to a proper rebuild.

Comment

• The Orioles need SP and RP. I’m usually not a fan of packaging your best trade pieces as a seller, but that system is loaded. I wonder what Scott and Luzardo could net you from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
        The Orioles need SP and RP. I’m usually not a fan of packaging your best trade pieces as a seller, but that system is loaded. I wonder what Scott and Luzardo could net you from them.
        It better be big.

LHP Jesus Luzardo
        LHP Tanner Scott
        LHP AJ Puk

for

IF Coby Mayo
        OF Heston Kjerstad
        IF Connor Norby
        LHP Cade Povich
        RHP Alex Pham
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
          It better be big.

LHP Jesus Luzardo
          LHP Tanner Scott
          LHP AJ Puk

for

IF Coby Mayo
          OF Heston Kjerstad
          IF Connor Norby
          LHP Cade Povich
          RHP Alex Pham
          Id do some research on actual trades that have happened with guys like luzardo and Scott. We won’t get anything close to 2 top 30 or so prospects in baseball and 3 other legit prospects. Especially from the orioles who can very easily keep the 18 combined years of team control from the top 3 and still get an impact starter.

they’d be lucky to get one of mayo or Kjerstad

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post

I don’t think the trade return for Berti really tells us anything, and while Head being the headliner in the Arraez deal maybe suggests that, it could have just been the best deal out there (I hate to risk getting into another discussion about that trade). But what you get from your biggest chips should really tell us. If that’s what it is, I hope they’re rightfully torn apart by the media and fans, but at that point they should also trade Jazz, and Sandy, for that matter. Not now, obviously on Sandy, and when you trade Jazz should be determined on the packages being offered. But what’s the point in keeping them if you’re not trying to win any time soon. Sandy will get you a huge return that you could truly hope will lead to a proper rebuild.
            It’ll be far easier to just move on to bandwagon fan status if that’s truly the path they take.

i don’t know why Bruce can’t look down the damn street in all directions at literally every other local franchise and see that if you spend money and win, fans will come out and give you back your investment.
            instead, no, we have to take momentum and just blow it up.
            Last edited by rmc523; 06-11-2024, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

It’ll be far easier to just move on to bandwagon fan status if that’s truly the path they take.

i don’t know why Bruce can’t look down the damn street in all directions at literally every other local franchise and see that if you spend money and win, fans will come out and give you back your investment.
              instead, no, we have to take momentum and just blow it up.
              i've been saying it for years, but this franchise needs an owner with deep pockets who can sustain losses with an increased payroll for a few years to build a consistent winner and build some good will with the fan base. By doing that, if you're successful, it will be the panthers model or a growing passionate fanbase but in a non salary cap sport. The way it currently is going, each side has an excuse not to try. The owner can say fans arent coming out so i cant increase payroll. The fans say i wont come out because of this garbage cheap owner. And no one wins and we remain the joke of baseball with a pathetic payroll.

If this team got an owner who put together even a middle of the pack payroll for 5 years and took a nice core and added legit money to it and won for a few years, we would develop a fanbase and eventually start generating more revenue that would allow the owner to consistently have a middle of the pack payroll without having to do it through big losses.

But unfortunately we have an ownership group that has absolutely 0 feel for the market and absolutely 0 vision as to how to grow this franchise from a cheap bottom feeder into something that can be like minnesota or milwaukee where, it is not the dodgers or yankees, but it is a consistently middle of the pack payroll with good fanbases and teams that compete for a playoff spot most years. that's the model. And we have never had a single owner willing to try to make that model work for more than a year.

Comment

i've been saying it for years, but this franchise needs an owner with deep pockets who can sustain losses with an increased payroll for a few years to build a consistent winner and build some good will with the fan base. By doing that, if you're successful, it will be the panthers model or a growing passionate fanbase but in a non salary cap sport. The way it currently is going, each side has an excuse not to try. The owner can say fans arent coming out so i cant increase payroll. The fans say i wont come out because of this garbage cheap owner. And no one wins and we remain the joke of baseball with a pathetic payroll.

If this team got an owner who put together even a middle of the pack payroll for 5 years and took a nice core and added legit money to it and won for a few years, we would develop a fanbase and eventually start generating more revenue that would allow the owner to consistently have a middle of the pack payroll without having to do it through big losses.

But unfortunately we have an ownership group that has absolutely 0 feel for the market and absolutely 0 vision as to how to grow this franchise from a cheap bottom feeder into something that can be like minnesota or milwaukee where, it is not the dodgers or yankees, but it is a consistently middle of the pack payroll with good fanbases and teams that compete for a playoff spot most years. that's the model. And we have never had a single owner willing to try to make that model work for more than a year.
                Yeah. From the start it was pretty clear to see that MLB and Manfred fucked up with the ownership decision. They went with the Jeter name, and it completely backfired.

Comment

i've been saying it for years, but this franchise needs an owner with deep pockets who can sustain losses with an increased payroll for a few years
                  It wouldn't even be "losses". It would just be less profits.
                  Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• joe mack's bat appears to be developing a little bit finally. Could it be possible that we are developing a hitter??? And a catcher no less?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                      It wouldn't even be "losses". It would just be less profits.
                      That’s the craziest part about it. Most normal people would easily sign up to own a baseball team if it meant not making a single dollar. But these greedy bastards don’t operate that way.

Comment

• after everyone couldnt stop bitching about how we could possibly have the audacity to let troy johnston hit the rule 5 draft, he went untaken and is putting up a sub .700 OPS and just 3 hr's in 275 PA's at age 26 after having an OPS of .948 last year with 26 hr's in 593 PA's.

Comment

after everyone couldnt stop bitching about how we could possibly have the audacity to let troy johnston hit the rule 5 draft, he went untaken and is putting up a sub .700 OPS and just 3 hr's in 275 PA's at age 26 after having an OPS of .948 last year with 26 hr's in 593 PA's.
                          Who's everyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

Who's everyone?
                            just about every marlins person on twitter was up in arms about him being left unprotect. on this board lee stone was convinced he was the next max muncy.

Comment

• Jazz has a higher BA vs LHP than RHP this season

Comment

• Marlins had 8 hits (2 of them HR's) and they managed to score 2 runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X