Bowden: Marlins Trade JT Realmuto to Phillies for Alfaro, Sanchez, Two Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    now we need to move onto filling out the rest of the team. guys id be interested on 1 year deals: moustakas, hanley, clippard, bud norris, madson, martin maldanado or another backup C focused on defense.
    I'm all for it.

Is Alfaro not going straight to MLB? Whoops, you said OR another defense backup. I thought you were saying sign BOTH Maldonado and another backup.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      I'm all for it.

Is Alfaro not going straight to MLB?
      he is. im considering him our starter and i dont want to see wallach/hundley right now as the backup.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jayson Stark

Verified account

@jaysonst
      12s12 seconds ago
      More
      Early consensus of people I've surveyed is that the #Marlins did well here. Had one scout compare Stewart to a young Chris Sale. Both Sanchez & Alfaro are works in progress, though with incredible tools. Sanchez has worked under 200 IP in a 3-year career, so he's tough to project
      well thats cool to hear

Comment

Stewart being compared to Sale seems like an absurd Lee-style take, but hey I'll take it.

Comment

he is. im considering him our starter and i dont want to see wallach/hundley right now as the backup.

- - - - - - - - - -

well thats cool to hear
          Yeah, I misread it, as Maldonado AND a backup, instead of OR

Comment

Fangraphs has Will Stewart ranked 18th in Miami’s system. Just below Banfield.

Comment

Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
              Fangraphs has Will Stewart ranked 18th in Miami’s system. Just below Banfield.
              Where do the rest of the guys land on the list? I’m really busy at work but very curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                Where do the rest of the guys land on the list? I’m really busy at work but very curious.
                7th, surprisingly.

Comment

At the winter meetings in December, we reported the Mets, Yankees and Marlins were talking about a three-way trade involving Noah Syndergaard and J.T. Realmuto. At the time, we heard that Miami asked about Gary Sanchez or Miguel Andujar.

Well, get this. Today we learned, according to a person with direct knowledge of the talks, the exact proposal that Miami made: It was Realmuto to the Mets, Syndergaard to the Yankees, and Andujar plus Sanchez to the Marlins. Joel Sherman of The Post tweeted similar information a few minutes ago.

The Mets were willing to move Syndergaard in the right deal, and the Yankees wanted him. The Mets desperately wanted Realmuto. But the asking price from Miami to make it work was simply untenable.

In direct talks with the Mets, the Marlins wanted two of Brandon Nimmo, Michael Conforto, and Amed Rosasrio, plus prospects.

Miami ended up trading Realmuto to Philadelphia for a far lesser package than any discussed in December, headlined by pitching prospect Sixto Sanchez and catcher Jorge Alfaro.
                  https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/sour...alks/303662548

- - - - - - - - - -

the cuban SS and VVM were teammates in 2017 if that means anything regarding our chances if we try to go after him

Comment

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/sour...alks/303662548

- - - - - - - - - -

the cuban SS and VVM were teammates in 2017 if that means anything regarding our chances if we try to go after him
                    I would have preferred Nimmo and prospect Gimenez from the Mets to the Philadelphia deal. I also would have taken Andujar alone from the Yankees.

Comment

Comment

wish we had fuck you money to just offer kimbrel an enormous 1 year deal and then deal him at the deadline. im interested to see who the marlins sign as a potential RP to flip

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Every pitcher/pitching prospect comes with health concerns. The great Chris Paddack has a history of injuries too. If you don’t like Sixto Sanchez, you basically hate all pitching prospects.
                          But Paddack had a single ailment, overcame it with TJS, and just came off an outstanding injury-free year.

Comment

an injury free 90 inning year. I heard James Andrews is consulting with Lee Stone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                              But Paddack had a single ailment, overcame it with TJS, and just came off an outstanding injury-free year.
                              It was truly a spectacular 134 innings thrown 2016-2018

Comment

Sixto's elbow is perceived as an unusually high risk, right?

I understand how flukey all the elbow stuff is, but he's like a Lincecum kind of ticking time-bomb?

If you assume health this is a great top-heavy package. Probably should have gotten more on the throw in prospects, but Sixto was as good a centerpiece as any that was offered, realistically...?

Comment

Working...
                                X