Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JJ Cooper

@jjcoop36
    Initial thoughts...Marlins got a long term replacement for Realmuto, one of the top pitching prospects in the game and another pitching prospect with a decent chance to contribute in majors long term. Impressive haul.
    getting good initial reviews on the trade

Comment

Nevermind we only got 250K from Philly. So only like 600K total to spend.

Comment

Hey if Alfaro can put up a .750 OPS every year it's a spectacular deal. I just don't think that'll happen, based on his high BABIP, but he's still fairly young maybe he improves and can get close to maintaining that number.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
          Dude. The whole board has been screaming to max out with "1" elite guy the whole offseason as that what is missing in the farm, and that just happened. These secondary pieces were always going to be like this in that "1" stud scenario.

You want this, or India/Tucker/Santillian?

They did good. They traded 2 years of Realmuto for 17 years of players, and 1 with superstar # 1 ace potential they haven't had since Fernandez
          I'm happy with the elite guy they got. I'm happy that they did that over a package of merely decent prospects. But I think they wasted value in insisting that they get a young catcher back as a "centerpiece", and would have liked them to get another pretty good prospect. It didn't help that the names we heard as the #3 piece were guys like Bohm, Gargia, Medina, and Haseley. I was skeptical of that, but it still got everyone excited. Guys like Bowden are saying the Phillies did a good job to get Realmuto without having to give up another player like that.

I don't hate the deal. I certainly prefer it to India/Tucker/Santillian, or something similar. I just would have liked to see a little better, especially when we kept hearing they were asking for a king's ransom from Atlanta because they were in the division.

Comment

Also have another 5 million to spend on guys in FA. Maldonado? RP?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Also have another 5 million to spend on guys in FA. Maldonado? RP?
              only 5 million? not that it matters, but how much are we trying to spend on payroll?

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                only 5 million? not that it matters, but how much are we trying to spend on payroll?
                Well JT was making like 5.7 million and Alfaro still cheap

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Well JT was making like 5.7 million and Alfaro still cheap
                  oh i see what you meant to say there. i thought you were saying our payroll goal is only 5 million from where we are at. id sign 2 decent relievers, a backup C, a depth MI, and maybe another corner OF/1b

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                    He is a perfect 4th player. I mentioned him earlier in the laundry list of FV40 lefty relievers.
                    If Stewart is the 4th player, who is the 3rd?

Comment

SO Yolbert Sanchez?
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        oh i see what you meant to say there. i thought you were saying our payroll goal is only 5 million from where we are at. id sign 2 decent relievers, a backup C, a depth MI, and maybe another corner OF/1b
                        No saying we got 5 million more to play with.

Def signing 1 or 2 RP and probably a OF. RP market is 2-2.5 million so

Comment

I'm confident that San Diego wouldn't even consider taking that entire Realmuto package for Chris Paddack.

What good is an elite arm if it's frail? Sanchez barely pitched last year due to multiple injuries. You have to list as him as very high risk. The dropoff in talent at C is gigantic. Will Stewart sets up as the top left-handed starter in the Marlin organization, at least there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            I'm confident that San Diego wouldn't even consider taking that entire Realmuto package for Chris Paddack.

What good is an elite arm if it's frail? Sanchez barely pitched last year due to multiple injuries. You have to list as him as very high risk. The dropoff in talent at C is gigantic. Will Stewart sets up as the top left-handed starter in the Marlin organization, at least there's that.
                            its unreal how bad you are at evaluating talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post

awful take.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                If Stewart is the 4th player, who is the 3rd?
                                This. I keep reading about a 4 player package, but only 3 players mentioned. Did “international signing slot” replace #4?

Comment

Working...
                                X