Bowden: Marlins Trade JT Realmuto to Phillies for Alfaro, Sanchez, Two Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm confident that San Diego wouldn't even consider taking that entire Realmuto package for Chris Paddack.

What good is an elite arm if it's frail? Sanchez barely pitched last year due to multiple injuries. You have to list as him as very high risk. The dropoff in talent at C is gigantic. Will Stewart sets up as the top left-handed starter in the Marlin organization, at least there's that.
    Will Stewart isn't even the Top Left-Handed starter in Jupiter

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by CWB3 View Post
    This. I keep reading about a 4 player package, but only 3 players mentioned.
    They went for IFA Cash instead. Been asking teams for it since November so probably guy or 2 waiting to sign

Maybe Yolbert Sanchez but only have like 600K but can still add like 1.5 million(if they can find it)
    Last edited by tjfla; 02-07-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      its unreal how bad you are at evaluating talent.
      Which of those observations is less than absolutely true?

Will Stewart isn't even the Top Left-Handed starter in Jupiter

Really? Who would that be?
      Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-07-2019, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Which of those observations is less than absolutely true?
        quite literally every single word of that post.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          quite literally every single word of that post.
          He was actually right about Sixto injured

Comment

I'm confident that San Diego wouldn't even consider taking that entire Realmuto package for Chris Paddack.

What good is an elite arm if it's frail? Sanchez barely pitched last year due to multiple injuries. You have to list as him as very high risk. The dropoff in talent at C is gigantic. Will Stewart sets up as the top left-handed starter in the Marlin organization, at least there's that.
            Go take a nap.

Comment

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
              17s17 seconds ago
              More
              Multiple sources inform me (which will soon be denied) that the Braves final offer to the Marlins for Realmuto did include 3B Austin Riley but "not much else." Miami preferred the Phillies package of Sanchez with Alfaro, and there you have it.
              i would have needed riley and anderson for jt. shocking that the braves wouldnt go for it considering their prospect depth.

Comment

Lee's not wrong about the fact that we should be concerned about Sixto's health, hopefully the FO has done it's due diligence. With that being said, everything I've heard about this guy is he has ace potential. How many true aces are in the majors right now? 10? It's a fucking precious commodity, plus when healthy he's put up ace-like stats in the minors. It's a risk, but hopefully the FO has a better idea than we do of how much of a risk it is. Impossible for us as fans to make that judgment. On paper and from scouts he looks like an ace.

Comment

Every pitcher/pitching prospect comes with health concerns. The great Chris Paddack has a history of injuries too. If you don’t like Sixto Sanchez, you basically hate all pitching prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Every pitcher/pitching prospect comes with health concerns. The great Chris Paddack has a history of injuries too. If you don’t like Sixto Sanchez, you basically hate all pitching prospects.
                    I was about to mention that, it is hilarious he used Chris Paddack as an example. Who's been in the minors longer than Sanchez, is 3 years older than Sanchez and has significantly less innings than Sanchez.

Comment

One of the biggest needs this org had was a top of the rotation type arm. Now they got that to pair with the plenty of 3/4 types they have.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

It's official.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Yes, unless you're a 26 year old RHP reliever who broke out in AA at 25

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Yes, unless you're a 26 year old RHP reliever who broke out in AA at 25
                            Loves Ben Meyer/Dustin Beggs. His Top 2 Pitching Prospects

Comment

I miss Elih Villanueva. Guy was going to be a stud with the numbers he was putting up in AAA.

Comment

now we need to move onto filling out the rest of the team. guys id be interested on 1 year deals: moustakas, hanley, clippard, bud norris, madson, martin maldanado or another backup C focused on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X