Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really surprised it has no opt outs.

It's apparently front loaded too.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      I'm really surprised it has no opt outs.

It's apparently front loaded too.
      I mean that makes it even better for Philly.

Marlins really have some work to do. They are going to be "Tampa Bay" with the way Philly and Atlanta are operating

Comment

• Going to be great when Harper bats .240 and Philly fans do what Philly fans do.

Comment

• How many games do the Marlins win in their division......more or less than 30 ?

Do the Marlins draw more than 700,000 ?

Do you think Sherman & Jeter have some buyers remorse right now ? No way they get more than $800 million if they put the Marlins up tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
            How many games do the Marlins win in their division......more or less than 30 ?

Do you think Sherman & Jeter have some buyers remorse right now ? No way they get more than $800 million if they put the Marlins up tomorrow.
            how about 35?
            Last edited by fish16; 03-01-2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

How many games do the Marlins win in their division......more or less than 30 ?

The over under is 65.5. That sounds about right. They will pitch just enough to pick off some games. They will lose spectacularly some games though which will kill the run differential.

They'll get over 700k but that's not saying much.

They would get more than $800 million. There are only so many teams, they have a big media market, and a TV deal renegotiation is happening soon.

Turn that frown upside down buttercup.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                how about 35?
                Interesting edit job from your original post......

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                The over under is 65.5. That sounds about right. They will pitch just enough to pick off some games. They will lose spectacularly some games though which will kill the run differential.

They'll get over 700k but that's not saying much.

They would get more than $800 million. There are only so many teams, they have a big media market, and a TV deal renegotiation is happening soon.

Turn that frown upside down buttercup.
                The value of the team has diminished with the lack of star power, which isn't important as much in this market, but they will draw even less on the road and the tickect sales and revenue from road games wil be even worse this year. I believe the split is 60% for the home team 40% for the road team ? If you have seen the attendance at both home & road spring training games so far it's almost nothing when the Marlins play. I'm worried about the contraction word coming up again before these guys get this franchise winning again.

The over/under is 65.5 at the Vegas books ? I may look into putting some money down on that. With the improved East, I just don't see us getting over 55 wins.

Comment

• I have a really hard time imagining a scenario where the mlb contracts golden boy Jeter's team.

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

The value of the team has diminished with the lack of star power, which isn't important as much in this market, but they will draw even less on the road and the tickect sales and revenue from road games wil be even worse this year. I believe the split is 60% for the home team 40% for the road team ? If you have seen the attendance at both home & road spring training games so far it's almost nothing when the Marlins play. I'm worried about the contraction word coming up again before these guys get this franchise winning again.

The over/under is 65.5 at the Vegas books ? I may look into putting some money down on that. With the improved East, I just don't see us getting over 55 wins.
                    And with your history of making predictions for this teams win totals how can we not blindly follow your once again stupid, cynicism filled analysis

Comment

• Adam Jones. Still available, still not on the Marlins.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        And with your history of making predictions for this teams win totals how can we not blindly follow your once again stupid, cynicism filled analysis
                        Longest team in the NL to not make the playoffs, 2nd longest in all of MLB....and it looks like YEARS before they can even put together a winning team. There are reasons to be cynical, something that completely goes over your head

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

I tell you what.........

If the Marlins win less than 56 games this year, I’ll never post here again.

If they win more than 56 games, you never post here again.

Deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            I have a really hard time imagining a scenario where the mlb contracts golden boy Jeter's team.
                            I think he'll exit before that happens. When it doesn't look like 2021 or 2022 and the team still won't be competitive, I think he packs up his marbles and aks Sherman or someone else to buy his share

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              I tell you what.........

If the Marlins win less than 56 games this year, I’ll never post here again.

If they win more than 56 games, you never post here again.

Deal?

I too will offer that deal to maddawg

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                              Longest team in the NL to not make the playoffs, 2nd longest in all of MLB....and it looks like YEARS before they can even put together a winning team. There are reasons to be cynical, something that completely goes over your head
                              All but one of those years came under a completely different regime, so no, that cynical reasoning doesn’t go over my head, it’s just completely misplaced

Comment

I think he'll exit before that happens. When it doesn't look like 2021 or 2022 and the team still won't be competitive, I think he packs up his marbles and aks Sherman or someone else to buy his share
                                Carnac.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X