Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JT news is not surprising to the FO. They thought they could extend him with a crazy offer but have been "scouting" teams since August so they have done homework. They still have leverage until the Winter Meetings so they will get a GREAT deal(in Denbo's eyes maybe NOT the 100 fans)

The TOP teams right now are Arizona/Houston/Colorado with Mets/Milwaukee/LAA as Longshots(because of Farm System). NYY/LAD/Washington/Atlanta are POSSIBLE but doubtful unless they up offers. What I mean is Miami will make those teams PAY MORE if they want JT and if they do they will become the TOP team but at the point they havent. Example is IF Washington offers Robles AND Kieboom Brothers

The 2 dark horse teams to watch are Oakland and TB. NO talks yet but both of them have exactly what Miami wants

My Prediction is JT to Houston OR Arizona

Houston-JT and Kolek/low level prospect
    Miami-Yordan Alvarez/Corbin Martin/Freudis Nova/Max Stassi OR Garrett Stubbs/Mid Level Prospect like Cristian Javier,Dean Deetz,Abraham Toro-Hernandez,Joe Perez

Houston-JT
    Miami-Kyle Tucker/Max Stassi OR Garrett Stubbs

Arizona-JT and Straily
    Miami-Jon Duplantier OR Taylor Widener/Pavin Smith/Daulton Varsho/Blaze Alexander/Mid Level Prospect like Emilio Vargas,Yoan Lopez

I would LOVE if TB or Oakland got in on him!!!!!

Talks will BEGIN next Tuesday at the GM meetings so we will begin to hear ALOT more info

- - - - - - - - - -

Don't be surprised to see us sign Yasmani Grandal to 1 yr or 1 yr with option deal AND get more serious about Manny Machado now. Still longshot on Machado but they can now take the JT cash and use it on him. 10/300 they are OUT but 7/225 and Miami will be IN
    Last edited by tjfla; 10-31-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• This from a Dodger fan:
      Smith or Ruiz, May, and Lux. Best catcher in baseball, it’s gonna hurt like hell.

Posted by Newk's Pocket Square on Oct 30, 2018 | 9:20 PM up reply rec flag

This is exactly what the Marlins should be hoping for IMO. The high end SP prospect, the catcher of the future (in Ruiz) and who would be a really intriguing middle infielder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
        This from a Dodger fan:
        Smith or Ruiz, May, and Lux. Best catcher in baseball, it’s gonna hurt like hell.

This is exactly what the Marlins should be hoping for IMO. The high end SP prospect, the catcher of the future (in Ruiz) and who would be a really intriguing middle infielder.
        Like said IF LAD offered that then they would move to the TOP of the list. The issue is teams like LAD/NYY/Atlanta/Washington aren't offering stuff like that. Miami wants Robles AND Kieboom Brothers(Overpay because they are in NL East) while Washington offers Robles,Severino and 2 low level prospects

Miami needs some combo of #2/3 SP,Future C,1B,SS(if they don't try for Machado)

By way the Future C might NOT be as big a need in trade. Don't forget this year's draft has Adley Rutschman AND Shea Langeliers. Very possible we take 1 of them and push them like Pompey. Draft C and finish 2019 in Jupiter. Finish 2020 in Jax or Nola and be ready in 2021. If they sign Grandal to a 1 year plus 1 year option for 2020

- - - - - - - - - -

IF Miami does Houston trade and Machado then

C-Rutschman OR Langeliers
        1B-Alvarez
        2B-Diaz
        SS-Machado
        3B-BA
        LF-VV
        CF-Harrison
        RF-Brinson/Miller

Comment

• Grandal would make a ton of sense as a stopgap even if a catcher prospect is acquired in a JT trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
            You still miscalculate how much hate there is in Miami for the Marlins. I almost think it's a no-win situation and MLB wants desperately to find a way out. It was such a horrible mistake to send Loria here instead of with the Expos to Washington but Selig was willing to sacrifice the Marlins for having a sustainable winning franchise in Washington. Many people in So Fla see this, and now HATE Major League Baseball. There was no reason to make Loria come here - there would have been suitors to buy the Marlins franchise, and local ones at that, but it was SO necessary not to send Loria to Washington because Selig knew he was a fuck up and that he would have had the Nationals in the same boat as the Marlins are now.....and with the close proximety of such high level polititians Selig didn't want to piss them off.

Yes Fish16 even I just a "joe fan" can see this is what happened.
            Guarantee that with all that "hate" (which indifference is probably the better word) we still have good crowds the second we become consistently good again. You underrate how much of a bandwagon city this is.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
            I hope it's not. VVM, Monte, and Scott are their best hitting prospects, Brinson is obviously a baby still with big upside, and within their next half dozen position prospects, B. Miller and Pompey show up. PLUS Sierra, B. Lee, Dean, and guys like B. Hernandez and Jones make some top 30 lists. They have an outfield.

Realmuto better get a 1/2 young stud Ace and a progressed better than Banfield or Devers/Osiris C/SS prospect as the top two guys. Ideally they get all three.

Call the Rays.

- - - - - - - - - -

Yes. This is why you unapologetically make baseball moves and build the contender. Restore complete fan confidence by building something sustainable you don't trade - unless it's a Rays style Archer trade which all the Tampa guys can get behind, etc.
            You get the best talent you can. I understand your point and what you're saying and if the right ace type prospect is out there im all for it, but just get the best talent and move guys from the OF at a later date or deal from your depth for another position of need. But what youre saying is why i think they will be willing to settle for Yordan Alvarez and a bigger package than tucker.

- - - - - - - - - -

I hope they stay far away from Arizona for JT. dont like their system in the slightest

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
              Grandal would make a ton of sense as a stopgap even if a catcher prospect is acquired in a JT trade.
              I believe Grandal will get offers in the range of 3/$40M. Still interested??

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Guarantee that with all that "hate" (which indifference is probably the better word) we still have good crowds the second we become consistently good again. You underrate how much of a bandwagon city this is.
                You say bandwagon like Miami is any different than anyother city. Tell me about the large crowds at the Mets games the last few years, Philadelphia before last year, Atlanta the same.....dude Miami also has not had a winning team more than 2 years in a row EVER, so there is no record good or bad how it will be. My opinion is that around 15k a night is the very top end even with a winning team - some series might bring in more - Cubs, Braves, Yanks & Mets - but that will be fans that are lost to the other teams and they are 1 or 2 series a year ticket buyers.

Miami is no different from those places in that reguard, but it is different is economics which play a bigger part than you will want to admit. Miami-Dade County and Broward County have some of the highest Cost of Living expenses to wages disparity in the entire nation. Low wages and higher home costs & insurance costs make for less disposable income per capita in Miami than almost any other metro city in the US. ITS A HUGE FACTOR.....

A number of factors play into hand here.....popularity of the game in Miami, especially with younger people (and in the nation in general) is at historic lows. Playoff games when I was a kid were always on one of the big 3 networks....EVERY GAME, they played them during working hours and still had more of an audience than they are pulling today. Hence one the biggest factors in trying to grow the game internationally - the domestic market has turned them off.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                I hope he makes a part of that a big fat check to his alma mater The University of Miami Hurricanes baseball program.

Comment

• "popularity of the game in Miami, especially with younger people (and in the nation in general) is at historic lows. "

Then HTH did Loria get $1.3 or whatever billion for the team??

Comment

• Realmuto's agent said he won't be signing an extension here, and expects him to be in a different uniform for spring training.

I personally think it's just posturing.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                      Grandal would make a ton of sense as a stopgap even if a catcher prospect is acquired in a JT trade.
                      That seems to be the plan. Not sure if it works money wise but 1 yr with option is what they want with him

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                      Realmuto's agent said he won't be signing an extension here, and expects him to be in a different uniform for spring training.

I personally think it's just posturing.
                      Its NOT. Miami was set to offer an extension and his agent got out in front of it. Pretty much saying save time and dont even try

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

You get the best talent you can. I understand your point and what you're saying and if the right ace type prospect is out there im all for it, but just get the best talent and move guys from the OF at a later date or deal from your depth for another position of need. But what youre saying is why i think they will be willing to settle for Yordan Alvarez and a bigger package than tucker.

- - - - - - - - - -

I hope they stay far away from Arizona for JT. dont like their system in the slightest
                      I think the settle for Alvarez plus 4 other solid prospects because Houston won't trade Tucker

U dont like what Arizona has?? Jon Duplantier/Taylor Widener/Jazz Chisholm/Pavin Smith/Dalton Varsho/Blaze Alexander(they would havent taken in 2nd Rd if Osiris wasn't there)/Drew Ellis/Kristian Robinson/Andy Yerzy/Geraldo Perdomo/Matt Mercer. Miami would be into ANY of them

Comment

• As a complete side note, can we not focus on outfielders? I understand MLB is a BPA style league in player acquisition, however the Marlins have used their best 4 assets over the last year to secure outfielders:

Yelich Player 1 - Brinson
                        Yelich Player 2 - Monte
                        All the IFA Cash (plus losing Barraclough/others) - VVM
                        2018 # 1 Pick - Scott

This also ignores they did expend some 2nd/3rd tier assets to get Sierra (Ozuna Player 2) and Pompey (3rd rounder), and already had Miller who is pretty solid prospect, and some flyer types with Dean, B. Lee, etc.

The way I see it, the Marlins have five prime assets for this next cycle:

Realmuto Player 1
                        Realmuto Player 2
                        2019 # 1 Pick
                        2019 # 2 Pick
                        2019 IFA Cash

This needs to be SP, SP, C, SS, and BPA-non OF.

Enough with the OF.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                        If the Marlins were an 87 win team with Wallach as their starting catcher and a cheap payroll, yes.

Since that isn't a thing, hell-to-the-NO

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                          As a complete side note, can we not focus on outfielders? I understand MLB is a BPA style league in player acquisition, however the Marlins have used their best 4 assets over the last year to secure outfielders:

Yelich Player 1 - Brinson
                          Yelich Player 2 - Monte
                          All the IFA Cash (plus losing Barraclough/others) - VVM
                          2018 # 1 Pick - Scott

This also ignores they did expend some 2nd/3rd tier assets to get Sierra (Ozuna Player 2) and Pompey (3rd rounder), and already had Miller who is pretty solid prospect, and some flyer types with Dean, B. Lee, etc.

The way I see it, the Marlins have five prime assets for this next cycle:

Realmuto Player 1
                          Realmuto Player 2
                          2019 # 1 Pick
                          2019 # 2 Pick
                          2019 IFA Cash

This needs to be SP, SP, C, SS, and BPA-non OF.

Enough with the OF.

- - - - - - - - - -

If the Marlins were an 87 win team with Wallach as their starting catcher and a cheap payroll, yes.

Since that isn't a thing, hell-to-the-NO
                          Realmuto Player 1-1B Alvarez
                          Realmuto Player 2-SP Martin
                          2019 # 1 Pick-C Langeliers OR SS CJ Abrams
                          2019 # 2 Pick
                          2019 IFA Cash

Don't forget 2019 Picks will be #4/#35-40/#44 so they could get 3 IMPACT players if play cards right. As for 2019 Cash-No clue yet. SS Puason is #1 but Oakland already got him

Unless its Robles they don't need anymore OF thru trades or the draft

U could also put the 2020 #1 Pick which will be Top 3 too

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                            This from a Dodger fan:

We're all on the same page here with this concerning Ruiz/Smith. I think there would be some debate on the secondary guys. Many think Lux is moving to 2B/3B so that's an issue. He would be a GREAT third player in the deal though.

I would want Ruiz/Smith and a top 100 pitcher as the core 1-2. I don't know if that is May, White, Santana, or someone else. Take the best one. Everything after that BPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              We're all on the same page here with this concerning Ruiz/Smith. I think there would be some debate on the secondary guys. Many think Lux is moving to 2B/3B so that's an issue. He would be a GREAT third player in the deal though.

I would want Ruiz/Smith and a top 100 pitcher as the core 1-2. I don't know if that is May, White, Santana, or someone else. Take the best one. Everything after that BPA.
                              Yep and a Ruiz,May/Santana,Lux offer would move LAD to the TOP

I could see something like

Miami-Ruiz/Santana/Lux/Cristian Santana or Edwin Rios
                              LAD-JT/Straily or another arm

Thing is does LAD make an offer like that??? Right now its NO

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Realmuto Player 1-1B Alvarez
                                Realmuto Player 2-SP Martin
                                2019 # 1 Pick-C Langeliers OR SS CJ Abrams
                                2019 # 2 Pick
                                2019 IFA Cash

Don't forget 2019 Picks will be #4/#35-40/#44 so they could get 3 IMPACT players if play cards right. As for 2019 Cash-No clue yet. SS Puason is #1 but Oakland already got him

Unless its Robles they don't need anymore OF thru trades or the draft

U could also put the 2020 #1 Pick which will be Top 3 too
                                I didn't know their "third" pick was going to be so high, so great. That's 5-6 great assets right there to really start filing out the team and creating prospect redundancy when failures happen. Also I was meaning the next yearly cycle for the "next" wave of assets. Not at 2020 yet but sure, that will be good too.

Oakland is signing ANOTHER SS also? Semien just dropped a 3.7 WAR, Barreto is a huge prospect, this new guy, and some real hope with Brito/Merrel who are at worst Osiris/Devers/Torress level prospect flyers.

That lines up great for a Realmuto trade to them, as they can base a trade off Murphy and a good arm, and there are many SS options. Love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X