Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tampa Bay seems like a good destination for Gaston if he wants to go there. Man, Baltimore is an absolute dumpster fire of an organization.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    No spot for Straily here

Straily and real cash to Baltimore for 2 million IFA and a prospect or 2 helps both teams
    I understand there isnt really a spot for him considering we want to evaluate the SP's for the future. Im saying his trade value is higher than just IFA cash and we have other guys we can move for that cash while utilizing his trade value for a corner OF or 1b bat.

- - - - - - - - - -

I would have to do research on team needs but there is definitely some sort of deal out there with a team who has an extra bat they could flip and needs a back end of the rotation arm.

Comment

They arent looking to call around and waste time. If Gaston says he will sign then they will pretty much try to get a deal done as fast as possible

U can get a cheap corner OF/1B in FA. In fact u can get 1 in the Rule 5 Draft. Remember 2019 means NOTHING

They wanna deal with Gaston and then move onto JT

Jeter,Mike Hill,Denbo spent few does watching AFL games. Washington/Arizona/Colorado share a team with us and all of them are in on JT

Comment

No spot for Straily here

Straily and real cash to Baltimore for 2 million IFA and a prospect or 2 helps both teams
        I wouldn't go so far to say that there is no spot for Straily...he's a perfectly useful starting pitcher. Is trading him for Gaston good asset management? I feel like he'd be worth Gaston + another prospect to a team in need of a good #4 or #5.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          I wouldn't go so far to say that there is no spot for Straily...he's a perfectly useful starting pitcher. Is trading him for Gaston good asset management? I feel like he'd be worth Gaston + another prospect to a team in need of a good #4 or #5.
          Urena/Chen/Smith/Richards/Pablo/Alcantara. Where is the spot for Straily? I agree he is very useful and Gaston/mid level prospect for Straily is a solid trade

Baltimore or TB would jump all over that deal. Both could use a cheap/controllable innings eater

Comment

They arent looking to call around and waste time. If Gaston says he will sign then they will pretty much try to get a deal done as fast as possible

U can get a cheap corner OF/1B in FA. In fact u can get 1 in the Rule 5 Draft. Remember 2019 means NOTHING

They wanna deal with Gaston and then move onto JT

Jeter,Mike Hill,Denbo spent few does watching AFL games. Washington/Arizona/Colorado share a team with us and all of them are in on JT
            Do you mean "move on to JT" as approach him with a long term deal, or move on to trading him? I think they have to at least make a good offer to him.

Comment

Its not that hes not useful, its just that we have a mini overflow of rotation caliber guys plus prospects that we need to evaluate moving forward. Next year alone we have Chen and Urena who are likely to be in the rotation regardless, then you have guys who came up this year in Lopez, Richards, Alcantara and then other guys who should be ready at some point this year in Gallen, Neidert, Merandy, Yamamoto, etc. Just need to clear a spot for 30 more starts of younger pitcher evaluation so we can have a better idea of who will stick moving forward.

I would agree with you though that unless they are just trying to clear Straily's projected 5 million in arbitration for next year that it wouldnt be the best asset management to just deal him for money for us to sign a 16 year old gaston. I think there are other ways of achieving getting that extra IFA money in order to sign him.

Comment

Do you mean "move on to JT" as approach him with a long term deal, or move on to trading him? I think they have to at least make a good offer to him.
                Long Term Deal

They are gonna make him an offer and make him choose. He either signs or says no. Says NO and its Wash/Hou/Ariz/Col/Oak/NYY fighting for him

Comment

I think they will approach him with offers and then look to move him if nothing comes to fruition. Only person who really knows how that will go is JT though and judging from reports i dont think the marlins seem to have any indication as to which direction he wants to go.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    I dont care if you have a different opinion than me, that happens all the time, youre just obnoxious and cynical and bring absolutely 0 to the board including any bit of rational baseball analysis considering you were off by 30 wins on a team that only won 65 games. Idc what your opinion is, just go the fuck away already since you are so clearly done with this team and will be cynical and moronic about every little thing, including bringing up for some reason that some people hate the franchise in a discussion about us signing the number 1 IFA prospect for the year.

I conduct myself like someone who likes informed opinions and quality analysis. Its why i never have a problem with Lou despite disagreeing with him from time to time. Its why even though i disagree with erick i know he is informed. You on the other hand bring absolutely nothing to this board considering you are beyond uninformed seemingly about how baseball works (see predicting 35 wins for any team let alone the roster we had this year) and you provide nothing in terms of quality analysis because all your posts are are you trying to find any way possible to shit on the franchise as a whole in any way possible. Just go the fuck away already if you hate the franchise so much. I dont understand how hard that is to do for someone who clearly has no good feelings towards the franchise whatsoever.

And i called you stupid because you made a stupid point several different times about them being "the leftover bread that might have mold" just because you are clearly uninformed to the fact that VV is the consensus #1 IFA guy in this class. Be the slightest bit informed if youre going to shit on a move if you dont want to be called stupid for making a clearly stupid point.
                    It's you who are uninformed dude. I am actually a very nice person, someone that often helps others when they need help, and will actually give more than a fair share because that is what I believe in. I really would love to see your record on public service to others.

I don't hate this franchise, I love it, and I will continue to call out when I see people who are abusing the fanbase as Mr Jeter continuously does. They have held this franchise for more than a year now, yet I haven't seen any change in the way they promote the franchise. Still basing much of the next years promotion from what I see based on ethnic identity framing instead of community outreach to ALL parts of the South Fla community. Pandering to ethnic segments will only farther deteriorate some of their fanbase, and drive certain people away. If you make it unfriendly for English speakers and the African-American communities you are building a bed of thorns later on when the ethnic pandering doesn't work out, you will have totally killed any chances you had on building full community support. They will then not just hate you, but despise you.

The franchise is not being built the right way - especially off the field - and it will come back to bite them in the ass in 3 or 4 years, or maybe less.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Long Term Deal

They are gonna make him an offer and make him choose. He either signs or says no. Says NO and its Wash/Hou/Ariz/Col/Oak/NYY fighting for him
                      OK cool. Signing the Mesa brothers can't hurt when they approach JT with an offer. It at least shows a commitment to adding talent to the organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        OK cool. Signing the Mesa brothers can't hurt when they approach JT with an offer. It at least shows a commitment to adding talent to the organization.
                        I do agree with this......I just don't know if it's enough to get him to trust them

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                          They are gonna offer him a very nice offer. Its up to him and his wife to figure out if he wants to stay or not. He either signs or says NO which means he is probably dealt at the Winter meetings

Some talk is that his wife wants to go to Houston or even out West(Miami isn't gonna ask him where he wants to go)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                            It's you who are uninformed dude. I am actually a very nice person, someone that often helps others when they need help, and will actually give more than a fair share because that is what I believe in. I really would love to see your record on public service to others.

I don't hate this franchise, I love it, and I will continue to call out when I see people who are abusing the fanbase as Mr Jeter continuously does. They have held this franchise for more than a year now, yet I haven't seen any change in the way they promote the franchise. Still basing much of the next years promotion from what I see based on ethnic identity framing instead of community outreach to ALL parts of the South Fla community. Pandering to ethnic segments will only farther deteriorate some of their fanbase, and drive certain people away. If you make it unfriendly for English speakers and the African-American communities you are building a bed of thorns later on when the ethnic pandering doesn't work out, you will have totally killed any chances you had on building full community support. They will then not just hate you, but despise you.

The franchise is not being built the right way - especially off the field - and it will come back to bite them in the ass in 3 or 4 years, or maybe less.
                            dude wtf are you talking about public service? I never said you werent nice and i never said you didnt help others. i said you are clearly either uninformed about this team or so mentally ruined from other ownership groups that you cant separate their tenures as owner from the current ownership group.

The franchise is being built exactly the way it should be built given the market. Just because you are cynical due to decades of sabotage from previous ownership groups and cant see that doesnt mean they are building the team the wrong way. Not every move is great obviously and any rebuilding team will make moves that turn out poorly, but they are 100% going about building this team the right way in terms of investing in the draft, IFA, and player development and building an organization from the top to bottom that is sustainable and not just hoping to be the lucky wild card team who could make some noise year after year after year despite having a mediocre major league roster and a gutted minor league system.

Comment

• Just remember Miami turned down Victor Robles 2 times for JT!!!

Could have had an 2020 OF of VV/Harrison or Brinson/Robles

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                They are gonna offer him a very nice offer. Its up to him and his wife to figure out if he wants to stay or not. He either signs or says NO which means he is probably dealt at the Winter meetings

Some talk is that his wife wants to go to Houston or even out West(Miami isn't gonna ask him where he wants to go)
                                Houston would be a great trading partner if they become interested. They have a few high profile bats that would fit great in the system whether it Kyle Tucker if they are willing to part with him or Alvarez as a lefty 1b with crazy power. Plus they have a few other high ceiling arms that could serve as the secondary piece (Whitley is going to be untouchable.)

Comment

Working...
                                X