No announcement yet.

Tracking Miami Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something that Brigham lacks (a 3rd pitch?) that makes him more likely a reliever than starter?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
    I would say a 3/4, but maybe this spike this year is real. I'll be happy either way.
    What spike are you referring to? His numbers this year seem incredibly consistent with what he's done at every other level.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Is there something that Brigham lacks (a 3rd pitch?) that makes him more likely a reliever than starter?

- - - - - - - - - -

What spike are you referring to? His numbers this year seem incredibly consistent with what he's done at every other level.
      Brigham is fastball/slider and reports say change-up isn't coming around. Hard to think it does at 26+ at this point. Also major injury risk apparently.

Urena's 4 year MLB Rates:

K/9: 4.09, 6.24, 5.99, 7.35
      BB/9: 3.65, 3.12, 3.39, 2.62
      GB%: 48.1, 47.7, 43.1, 52.1
      Swing Strike: 8, 8.6, 8.2, 8.6

K/9 has jumped at least 1 per 9, swinging strikes ticked up a little from last year, walks are down almost 1 per 9, and a very significant 10% jump in GB rates. This is the most guys he's ever struck out, and the top of his GB% (he had some spurts in the minors where he got over 50 but this is new for the bigs).

He has a FIP/xFIP 4.21 and 4.07 this year. He also has a .297 BABIP against this year and his career stable 13% HR rate. This is a stable performance and if anything, underachieving. Maybe you throw out his 1st start of the year and that normalizes his actual performance.

This is a big step forward for him (I understand the bar was low). These are easy solid 4th SP numbers, and if something clicks here and those whiffs go up, he has room to grow. He has been around forever, but this is his age 26 season. He could be putting it together as he enters "his prime."

Just saying, he's pretty solid.

Also, since everyone is obsessed with the Rays on the board lately, Urena 2018 splits:

Urena 1st time through - .675 OPS
      Urena 2nd time through - .725 OPS
      3rd time through - .890 OPS

Let's call it, "hey dummies, pitch him 35+ games for 4-5 innings (160 IPish)."

This is the perfect guy to let Steckenrider lay waste to the 1st inning and let Urena pitch until Bryce Harper gets up again.

- - - - - - - - - -

(Byrce's 3rd PA for clarity, don't let him see him twice and have Urena pitch batters 4-9, 1-9, 1-3, etc. 15-18+ batters sort of thing)

Comment

• You said Neidert had a spike this year. That's what I was asking about.

Comment

You said Neidert had a spike this year. That's what I was asking about.
          My bad, need coffee.

That is probably my mistake, I equate his 2016/2017(initial AA) performance as a baseline he has jumped off from. It's unfair given his A+ time in 2017.

It's very fair to put together his 2017 A+/2018 AA into 230+ masterful innings. That is double the 2016/2017(initial AA) performance at this point.

Anyways, he good.

Comment

• It was probably already mentioned but Alcantara was optioned to the Baby Cakes

Comment

• There's no way Brigham is a better prospect than Niedert. There's also no way Niedert has a better shot at the 2019 rotation than Brigham. And there's definitely no reason to instantly resort to cursing at a new member who seems pretty intelligent. Keep it civil, dudes.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Lee Stone's list of top 10 guys who have good stats for 2 months.
                Only time has the answers. As you can now see, my personal prospect list back in May was far more accurate than anything concocted by any of the touts at Fangraphs, MLB Pipeline, John Sickels, etc. Success can't be predicted with a speed gun. Note: I wrote Kearns as my #10, and meant another Austin in Dean. Another note: Two months is actually a fair sample when it's the most recent two.
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 09-04-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                  Only time has the answers. As you can now see, my personal prospect list back in May was far more accurate than anything concocted by any of the touts at Fangraphs, MLB Pipeline, John Sickels, etc. Success can't be predicted with a speed gun. Note: I wrote Kearns as my #10, and meant another Austin in Dean. Another note: Two months is actually a fair sample when it's the most recent two.
                  No, no its not. But thanks for illustrating your lack of understanding of sample size.

Comment

• Looks like NOLA is going to Wichita in 2020

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Sou...492532341.html

3 Options for Miami

1 Resign with Wichita in 2020 and get a nice new stadium
                    2 Try to go to Nashville to replace the A's
                    3 Hope Chicago White Sox wanna move closer to Chicago and have them go there-Miami to Charlotte!!!

Miami would love to get Charlotte. Close to all other minors teams and in the IL. Issue is Charlotte is probably the best place in AAA in terms on stadium/fans so won't be easy to get

Comment

• We do have a previous relationship with Charlotte at least. That being said, I can't see the Sox leaving Charlotte.

Honestly shocks me that the entire gulf coast region won't have a AAA baseball team. Nashville would make the most sense logistically, but we also once had a AAA team in Albuquerque and before that Calgary so maybe logistics don't really matter.
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        We do have a previous relationship with Charlotte at least. That being said, I can't see the Sox leaving Charlotte.

Honestly shocks me that the entire gulf coast region won't have a AAA baseball team. Nashville would make the most sense logistically, but we also once had a AAA team in Albuquerque and before that Calgary so maybe logistics don't really matter.
                        Ya I can't see them giving up Charlotte either but Wichita is closer to Chicago and will be brand new stadium so maybe? Charlotte is best in AAA/maybe all of the minors

Charlotte then Nashville would be ideal and better than Wichita. Maybe Jeter buys a AAA team and moves it to Orlando?

Comment

• honestly the fact that there's no minor league baseball in Orlando is insane (and soon to be no ST). We have the low-A team in Kissimmee but there really ought to be something in Orlando.

That having been said, a AAA team in Orlando wouldn't work due to alignment. No other teams anywhere close.

Comment

Working...
                          X