No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't really have an opinion on that one way or the other, because I don't pay nearly close enough attention.

But I think he's probably average-ish overall.
    poop

Comment

• Get ready for some more Stanton to Texas rumors. However just like in April,don't expect anything to come of it. Texas wants Stanton bad and NOW(Even more with the need for a bat and Cruz prolly gone) however Loria has the final say and no interest in dealing him yet.

The offer is still Profar plus more and some in the FO want to do the deal especially the way Ozuna played but Loria won't do it. FO sees Yelich-Marisnick-Ozuna OF with Profar at 2B but Loria doesn't see it like that.
      --------------------
      Before anyone says they don't have Olt and won't trade Perez,they have alot of guys we still like-Wilmer Font,Joe Ortiz,Luke Jackson,Joey Gallo. All of which they would be willing to put in the deal.
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-26-2013, 02:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• We all saw that on mlbtraderumors.

Comment

• Think they might have rushed Profar. He looked fairly bad at the plate, but still has youth on his side.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Wanna see y'alls thoughts on this. I know he has struggled this year, but what about Cishek for Will Middlebrooks?
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I don't know what to do with that because on one hand closers are way over valued and getting a potential everyday third baseman for one seems like a good idea, but on the other hand, Middlebrooks' approach at the plate is really terrible and I think that he probably sucks.

What kind of defense is he supposed to play and is this something that might happen or is mm21 doing his best Big Z impersonation?
              --------------------
              Dude strikes out in a quarter of his at-bats and walks less than I do. Pass.
              Last edited by Mainge; 07-27-2013, 02:41 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Oh I have no insight at all. I just have read that Middlebrooks' name has popped up in rumors. The Red Sox want a closer and I doubt they'd give up Bogarts for him. We need a third baseman (so we don't have to rush Moran.) and Middlebrooks is affordable so I was just thinking outside the box.

Comment

• I think Dietrich might play third base next year.

Comment

• With Solano at second?
                    --------------------
                    We really need to somehow get a second baseman. We don't have one even close to taking over. Trading Cishek or Ozuna/Marisnick for a second baseman would be OK with me. However, there aren't that many big prospect in that position. If we traded Stanton to Texas I would love to get Profar or Sardinas to play second.
                    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-27-2013, 02:47 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Or Hech/Profar, but probably Solano, yeah. I think that's his best position defensively.
                      --------------------
                      Strictly a hunch.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      With Solano at second?
                      --------------------
                      We really need to somehow get a second baseman. We don't have one even close to taking over. Trading Cishek or Ozuna/Marisnick for a second baseman would be OK with me. However, there aren't that many big prospect in that position. If we traded Stanton to Texas I would love to get Profar or Sardinas to play second.
                      Dietrich.
                      Last edited by Mainge; 07-27-2013, 02:49 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Yuck, there are no good options on the free agent market either that we can afford.

FA 2B:

Robinson Cano (31)
                        Alexi Casilla (29)
                        Mark Ellis (37) - $5.75MM club option with a $1MM buyout
                        Mike Fontenot (34)
                        Omar Infante (32)
                        Kelly Johnson (32)
                        Nick Punto (36)
                        Ryan Raburn (33)
                        Brian Roberts (36)
                        Ramon Santiago (34)
                        Skip Schumaker (34)
                        Chase Utley (35)
                        Ben Zobrist (33) - $7MM club option with a $2.5MM buyout

Comment

• Dietrich.

Comment

• I imagine they'll just keep Dietrich at 2B since that should be his position in any kind of long-term projection (Moran).

Dietrich at 2B and Lucas/Solano as 3B/UTIF for 2014 and hope Moran is ready for 2015 seems fine by me.

Comment

• You'd imagine the position player depth chart is this through next year.

C - Brantly, Mathis
                              1B - Morrison, Helms/Dobbs Type or Mahoney/Jensen/etc
                              2B - Dietrich, Solano
                              SS - Hechavarria
                              3B - Veteran/Coghlan, Lucas
                              LF - Yelich
                              CF - Marisnick, Ruggiano/4th OF
                              RF - Stanton/Ozuna

A Stanton trade could change it, but I don't see them spending any real money and it would be Polanco/Dobbs/Pierres only. Moran and Realmuto are probably Summer 2015 options at best if not 2016. Not sure any other hitter in the minors is realistic next few years but for a whatever backup.

Comment

• What's Coghlan's status? I feel like I've heard nothing about him, and at the time it didn't seem like his injury would keep him out this long.

Comment

Working...
                                X