Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

poop

Comment

• Yeah, got him confused with someone else. He's in AA.

Still, meh.

Comment

• I think that's a good value deal, except pitching is much less of an organizational need than, well, anything else.
        poop

Comment

• Always need pitching.

I'm just not that impressed overall (plus I don't want to trade him).
          --------------------
          But yeah, the 2 biggest pieces being SP is probably what I don't like.
          Last edited by HUGG; 08-01-2013, 04:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I think it'd take an elite catching prospect, an elite middle infield prospect, and an elite pitching prospect to make me ok with dealing him. We have outfield prospects, we have young pitching. (although I agree, always could use more)

Comment

• You can always use pitching, sure, but not to the detriment of other needs.
              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                I think it'd take an elite catching prospect, an elite middle infield prospect, and an elite pitching prospect to make me ok with dealing him. We have outfield prospects, we have young pitching. (although I agree, always could use more)
                I pretty much agree, definitely 2 of the 3 things for sure. I would probably do Zunino/Walker and 2-3 more mid-level guys (legit mid-level top 15-20 prospects not mid-level meaning asshole Rabelos) personally. If doing dream scenario stuff.

Comment

• You can always trade arms for bats. I wouldn't have accepted the deal either, though.

Comment

• If you put Hanson in replace of Polanco I would be interested.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I don't know how much pitching we really have.

Comment

• 9 of the top 20 prospects via MLB.com are starting pitchers, + Jose Fernandez, Jacob Turner, Nathan Eovaldi, Henderson Alvarez and the Brad Hand/Alex Sanabia guys who could maybe be end of rotationers.

There's depth, but maybe not a ton of upside, I guess.
                        --------------------
                        But it's definitely a position of strength within the organization, relatively speaking.
                        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-01-2013, 06:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        poop

Comment

• The only 3 with actual upside seem to be Fernandez, Heaney, and Turner. The rest are pretty mehh. It's a lot of guys that seem to be back end guys.

At some point you need some upside.

Comment

• I doubt many systems have a large collection of projected #1 or 2 starters.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Yeah, I would have to see how the Marlins' pitching prospects stack up to other systems' before really feeling comfortable drawing a distinction one way or the other.
                              --------------------
                              Also, it's still a position of relative strength within the organization. They have more options there than elsewhere. I'd rather deal for a weakness.
                              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-01-2013, 07:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              poop

Comment

• What I'm saying is Eovaldi/Alvarez and Co. shouldn't stop you from acquiring higher upside arms.
                                --------------------
                                Ugh why is there never serious discussion here smh
                                Last edited by Mainge; 08-01-2013, 07:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X