2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure.

But Deitrich and Ed Lucas should probably make acquiring infield help more of a priority.
    poop

Comment

• I feel like you left someone out there bobbob.

Mainge might be right, probably is. Eovaldi and Alvarez both have good stuff, however. In a perfect world Eovlaldi would still be on the farm fine tuning his mediocre secondary offerings and Alvarez would, like, figure out how he doesnt strike anyone out. They both have the capability to be mid rotation guys IMO.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Sure.

But Deitrich and Ed Lucas should probably make acquiring infield help more of a priority.
        Maybe. Seems to me that it'd be easier to fill those gaps in the free agent market than it would be to find top/mid rotational arm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          If you put Hanson in replace of Polanco I would be interested.
          Nah, they both should be included in any deal.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I think if you can stick Eovaldi and Alvarez at 4 and 5 in the rotation, you're probably in a pretty good spot with the rotation.

Comment

• The Marlins have just been very poor at drafting and signing internationally middle infielders.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                I pretty much agree, definitely 2 of the 3 things for sure. I would probably do Zunino/Walker and 2-3 more mid-level guys (legit mid-level top 15-20 prospects not mid-level meaning asshole Rabelos) personally. If doing dream scenario stuff.
                Zunino sucks doe

and also he just got Sean Cunningham'd
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  I think if you can stick Eovaldi and Alvarez at 4 and 5 in the rotation, you're probably in a pretty good spot with the rotation.
                  If they're pitching like this, I agree. But they're both probably pitching way over their heads.

Comment

• Eovaldi had a 4.13 FIP last season and 4.24 this. I get that you're down on him, but that can absolutely be a No. 4 starter.
                    poop

Comment

• 4.64 xFIP, but I suppose this park will help suppress his HR numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        If they're pitching like this, I agree. But they're both probably pitching way over their heads.
                        I think if they're pitching like this, they're probably better than most 4/5s. I'd guess most 4s and 5s are super easily replaceable with crap. I think if they regress, they'd fit those spots fine.

Comment

• If Alvarez ever figures out how to miss bats I will really enjoy watching him pitch.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Maybe I'll be less down on him when he gets his K/9 into the 6's and his BB/9 below 4.

Comment

• So, last season.
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                I think if they're pitching like this, they're probably better than most 4/5s. I'd guess most 4s and 5s are super easily replaceable with crap. I think if they regress, they'd fit those spots fine.
                                Sure but the idea is that crap shouldn't prevent you from acquiring less crappy pitchers.
                                --------------------
                                So, last season.
                                He got one of the two.

Super impressive.
                                Last edited by Mainge; 08-01-2013, 08:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X