2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    How has he not been better than Lucas offensively?

Lucas has been very good defensively, but Solano can play D, too. You talk about him like he's the worst defensive player ever.
    Well Lucas's OPS is .664 and Solano's is .660. Lucas's OBP is 6 points higher. Solano has him in BA and just barely in SLG.

They are both pretty bad.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
      Well Lucas's OPS is .664 and Solano's is .660. Lucas's OBP is 6 points higher. Solano has him in BA and just barely in SLG.

They are both pretty bad.
      Solano also played games in the big leagues last year so I was taking those into account. After all, that's why he had a starting job in the big leagues on our bad team this year, and you say that's the reason why you dislike him more than the others. It's not as if he did nothing to earn that.

Comment

• It's amazing that you just admitted that you talk in absolutes too much, and then keep doing this "Solano plays zero defense" idiocy. It's impressive.
        poop

Comment

lol. In the first 24 games of the year his OPS was .587. He has 2 extra base hits.

He went on a weird little hot streak over the next 6 games before getting hurt(.907 OPS in 26 ABs, 4 multi hit games) to kind of corrupt the #s.
          lol. In the first 8 games and then the last 14 of those 30, Solano had a .760 OPS.

He just had a weird little cold streak over 8 games (.148/.179/.148) to kind of corrupt the #s

Comment

• Solano has a +1.5 UZR in approximately 800 innings in the big leagues at 2B.

With 8 errors (6 fielding errors).
            Last edited by Erick; 07-25-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• I dont really care what he did last year. You could tell pretty easily that wasnt indicative of what he would actually provide a team.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

I dont really care what he did last year. You could tell pretty easily that wasnt indicative of what he would actually provide a team.
                It still happened.

Why are you making me defend Solano?

Comment

I dont really care what he did last year. You could tell pretty easily that wasnt indicative of what he would actually provide a team.
                  His success has been .BABIP driven, but he's also hit a lot of line drives both years. He's also cut down on the amount of K's this year.

What he's done between this year and last doesn't seem to be far off from what his skill level actually is. If that's the case, he's a pretty good bench player.

Comment

• Hey rag on me all u want but don't start saying that Gorkys is a 4th OF. He is a solid defensive OF but can't hit anything. The only time u should have 100K's is if u have hit 20 HR not 4!!

He was barely the 4th OF on the NOLA team (Yes he started in CF but Mattison is nothing either)

Also they are not predictions-it's talk that I hear. U know talk right? Some of it happens and most of it is bullshit. I tell u guys what I hear

Comment

• It's amazing that you just admitted that you talk in absolutes too much, and then keep doing this "Solano plays zero defense" idiocy. It's impressive.
                      poop

Comment

• Solano's a considerably better defensive player than Dietrich, who has really does have no range.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          His success has been .BABIP driven, but he's also hit a lot of line drives both years. He's also cut down on the amount of K's this year.

What he's done between this year and last doesn't seem to be far off from what his skill level actually is. If that's the case, he's a pretty good bench player.
                          I guess I look at it as guys who are terrible hitters with no power in the minors, and who get released by organizations with little MiLB depth in the middle infield, dont magically figure it out to become mediocre.

In a perfect world Donovan Solano is tucked away being crappy at AAA and you never have to hear about him or sit through the embarrassment of watching him start for your Major League team. Sadly, we dont live in a perfect world.
                          Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Hey rag on me all u want but don't start saying that Gorkys is a 4th OF. He is a solid defensive OF but can't hit anything. The only time u should have 100K's is if u have hit 20 HR not 4!!

He was barely the 4th OF on the NOLA team (Yes he started in CF but Mattison is nothing either)

Also they are not predictions-it's talk that I hear. U know talk right? Some of it happens and most of it is bullshit. I tell u guys what I hear
                          I dont really care. I have been talking shit about you for months just trying to get a response. I can stop being a dick about it now.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I mean, he has a .660 OPS this season. That's a major-league player in the middle infield.

It's amazing that you just admitted that you talk in absolutes too much, and then keep doing this "Solano plays zero defense" idiocy. It's impressive.`
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              So, stone hands and no range, and yet he rates essentially neutral at worst by most defensive rating systems.

Voodoo.
                              His hands aren't good.

Comment

• he's mediocre at best as a 2nd baseman. good range, bad hands

Comment

Working...
                                X