Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Appropriate Amount of Time for Marlins Fans to Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, he's weird - so is Volstad.

So then I'm not sure how he doesn't fit the comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
      Can't pretend Wilson did that because he didn't want to play here. He did that because he wanted to play somewhere specific.
      I mean, do we know that? He said he wanted to go home but really - we heard from Scott Boras and from "unnamed" scouts that they push their guys away from Miami because of not having NTCs and the way the org is run. We heard from Delgado's agent that that was the exact reason he had the tax adjustment verbiage in the contract. So isn't it possible that these people existed before and will now exist in even larger numbers after Buehrle trashed the team, high profile FAs were signed and then discarded, Stanton bitched and noted no one even called him, etc.?

As for the Volstad thing, you can probably also do that with pitchers that went on to have a good career.
      Well, yeah. I just thought it was interesting.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaabji13 View Post
        I mean, do we know that? He said he wanted to go home but really - we heard from Scott Boras and from "unnamed" scouts that they push their guys away from Miami because of not having NTCs and the way the org is run. .
        I don't remember hearing that. I remember it being pretty much all about wanting to go home.
        poop

Comment

This trade is not good for business, and like it or not, it solidifies the "Marlins Way" of doing things - try to be successful, and whether or not you are, cut costs tremendously after a few years. There is no denying that that is the culture of the Marlins. Over the last few years they'd made significant strides toward erasing that perception but in one fell swoop they erased that progress and set it back half a decade. Poor public perception = poor attendance = the ability to claim poor revenues (true or not) = justifiable payroll dumps, rinse, lather, repeat.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes.

Comment

I mean, do we know that? He said he wanted to go home but really - we heard from Scott Boras and from "unnamed" scouts that they push their guys away from Miami because of not having NTCs and the way the org is run. We heard from Delgado's agent that that was the exact reason he had the tax adjustment verbiage in the contract. So isn't it possible that these people existed before and will now exist in even larger numbers after Buehrle trashed the team, high profile FAs were signed and then discarded, Stanton bitched and noted no one even called him, etc.?

I feel like it's safe to assume he just wanted to go home considering he said it, himself.

Comment

• To be fair, that doesn't make it true.

Comment

• Just because it wasn't said means it's not the case? Assuming it was the case, would you expect CJ Wilson to say "Yeah, they offered me more money, but I've heard bad things about the team from numerous people and I don't really want to end up traded in a year or two so I avoided them like the plague?"
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  Yes yes yes yes yes yes and yes.
                  Do you think Loria and company do the same thing if last year's team goes 93-69 instead of 69-93?

I mean, it's not exactly the same thing.

Not trying to argue for the sake of arguing but I feel like Loria's firesales are a bit different than Huizenga's.

Loria firesales shitty teams so it seems like winning does matter in a way.

Comment

• We may have offered CJ more money overall but didn't the Angels offer him more money annually?

That's kind of important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      We may have offered CJ more money overall but didn't the Angels offer him more money annually?

That's kind of important.
                      We were supposedly offering 6/80 and were willing to go up to 100. And with no income tax.

Comment

. Just like Stanton may want to do, even had this offseason not happened this way. Josh Johnson said he has always talked about wanting to go to Southern California. There will be guys like that. Can't pretend Wilson did that because he didn't want to play here. He did that because he wanted to play somewhere specific.
                        Albert Pujols.........

I'm reaching but there could be a pattern forming here. Miami (South Beach) is an incredibly attractive place to be a pro sports star (hi DWade/Lebron). Why do guys maybe want to leave?

Just food for thought.

Comment

To be fair, that doesn't make it true.
                          That's true.

Comment

Just because it wasn't said means it's not the case? Assuming it was the case, would you expect CJ Wilson to say "Yeah, they offered me more money, but I've heard bad things about the team from numerous people and I don't really want to end up traded in a year or two so I avoided them like the plague?"
                            I feel like, when faced with something that a person definitely said and something that they might have said but that we have zero proof of, it feels like we should go with the thing they definitely said.

I really don't remember any stuff about Wilson being "pushed" away from the Marlins. Do you have a source for that?
                            poop

Comment

We were supposedly offering 6/80 and were willing to go up to 100. And with no income tax.
                              Maybe.

But. Really, no one's turning down 6/100, so probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                Albert Pujols.........

I'm reaching but there could be a pattern forming here. Miami (South Beach) is an incredibly attractive place to be a pro sports star (hi DWade/Lebron). Why do guys maybe want to leave?

Just food for thought.
                                I don't understand the Albert Pujols thing you just did there.

Comment

Working...
                                X