Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Appropriate Amount of Time for Marlins Fans to Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Appropriate Amount of Time for Marlins Fans to Vent?

Hugg and I were doing a thing in the College Basketball thread and that's not the place to do it so......

What's the appropriate amount of time for Marlins fans to vent about the big trade? If I'm understanding Hugg correctly, a lot of us here need to STFU about it and move on.

For me, the worst part (and hardest thing to get past) is that I've been defending the organization day in and day out for over five years. There are SO many people residing in South Florida who despise the organization. I've always been the guy saying, "trading Hanley was a good thing" and "they can't have a big payroll because they're not profiting enough playing in Pro Players".

Now everyone of those people looks at me and says, "dude, what have I been telling you for five years".

Did this need its own thread? (thing)

"Dude, what have I been telling you for five years" guy will turn into "I ALWAYS BELIEVED IN THEM/TOLD YOU SO" guy next time they're winning

Comment

So you're just mad cause they made you look bad. Typical daft. All about you and your ego.

Comment

I'm with you. I've spent year defending them, trying to look ahead toward the brighter future, and then it was ripped out from underneath us.

It's a grieving process and healing from that takes different times for different people. Hugg is is the acceptance stage. I think you and I are in depression. oakelmpine is in bargaining, I think.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Never forget.

Comment

Not sure why you care about others opinions about this. Perhaps that's the problem.

Comment

As long as it makes sense and is well thought out or reasoned, I don't care how long you vent for, especially if that's the discussion at hand.

If it's just dumb things like "LOL Loria sux" or things about Art or a million different ways Loria can be cheap, you're a cock fuck. Even though most of that's right, everyone already knows it and its annoying. Of course you're more than welcome to annoy me, but I will call you a cock fuck.

HOLY FUCK CALVIN JOHNSON.

But yeah. That's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Not sure why you care about others opinions about this. Perhaps that's the problem.
                Erick, you have an abnornally thick skull. Is that what you got out of my post?
                --------------------
                I CARE THAT THEY TRADED HALF THE FUCKING TEAM IN YEAR TWO OF THE BALLPARK AND I ACTUALLY BELIEVED IN THEM AND THAT THEY WERE IN IT FOR THE LONG TERM
                Last edited by Namaste; 11-22-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  Erick, you have an abnornally thick skull. Is that what you got out of my post?
                  --------------------
                  I CARE THAT THEY TRADED HALF THE FUCKING TEAM IN YEAR TWO OF THE BALLPARK AND I ACTUALLY BELIEVED IN THEM AND THAT THEY WERE IN IT FOR THE LONG TERM
                  The reasons you stated had to do with other people now making fun of you for supporting them.

As for the rest, why are you so upset about this one yet ok with the Hanley trade?

Comment

I don't really care that they traded half the team. Most of them were really overpaid (Buehrle), or always injured (JJ) or impending free agents (JJ) or sucked (Buck, Boni).

I care that the compensation received sucked, and I'm especially pissed that they're not reinvesting the money and that the payroll is going to be stupid low.

Comment

I'm with Mainge.

Also how we can't really talk about the 2013 team without someone dropping some form of who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        I don't really care that they traded half the team. Most of them were really overpaid (Buehrle), or always injured (JJ) or impending free agents (JJ) or sucked (Buck, Boni).

I care that the compensation received sucked, and I'm especially pissed that they're not reinvesting the money and that the payroll is going to be stupid low.
                        I agree with this.
                        I'd be absolutely fine with the trade if they reinvested the money. At least some of it.

Comment

Well, yeah, I'm with Mainge too. Would I be this pissed if I thought their real motive for this trade was to "win more games"?

I'm pissed that it's a salary dump. There is no debating that.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          why are you so upset about this one yet ok with the Hanley trade?

Really???!!??
                          Last edited by Namaste; 11-22-2012, 01:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Nobody is debating that you're pissed that it's a salary dump.

Comment

Yeah we all agree about that.

There's literally no one on this board happy about, or even ok with, the trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X