Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Appropriate Amount of Time for Marlins Fans to Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    IM A BABY!!!!!!
    --------------------
    When in doubt, CALL THE OTHER GUY A BABY

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I feel like you do things where you disregard the other person's opinion too, though.
    --------------------
    OR they just trade JJ/Buck/Bonifacio and don't blow everything up in year two
    In fairness, if they had done this, people would have shit their pants a lot too.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-23-2012, 06:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

Yeah, he did the Swift thing where he ignored the whole point and focused on one thing to contradict.

Comment

Not having to pay Mark Buehrle $16 million dollars per for the next 3 years is cool.

Was he shitty? No.

Was he basically a league average pitcher? Yeah.

It's gonna be fun after 2013 when everyone who hated the fact he's gone is gonna be saying "lol he's so overpaid."

I'm also guessing Reyes won't be worth $22 million per year from ages 32-35.

Contracts play a part in trade value; we didn't do terribly.
        The prospects we got are question marks, sure. They're also 3 of the top 8 prospects in what was, arguably, the best farm system in baseball. At least some scouts thought so. + Alvarez who didn't even qualify and Escobar who either a) provides value to the current team or b) probably has enough trade value to net something decent in return.

When it's all said and done, we'll probably be very happy the trade was made from a baseball standpoint.
        It just so happens that the fanbase is tired of seeing the same thing over and over again.

Honestly, I think what sucks the most for people aside from the lack of winning is the fact that they traded Miguel Cabrera for ultimately nothing/similar stuff is happening with our current franchise player, Stanton.

Throughout the years of fire sales, the only one that really meant anything was the Miguel Cabrera trade.

These guys who were traded...the mistake ultimately was probably signing them to those deals in the first place. They backloaded the contracts, took a risk in 2012 and it didn't work. They didn't feel like paying the entirety of the ridiculous backloaded half of the contracts for losing results; I don't blame them for that.

People keep giving the excuse that the team only had 3 months together like the team didn't clearly suck before the Anibal/Infante/Hanley moves. It was a bad team and so they have to rebuild now. One thing is for sure; they were going nowhere fast with the previous core of players.

Comment

True. Reyes and Buehrle were very shitty.
          --------------------

OR they just trade JJ/Buck/Bonifacio and don't blow everything up in year two
          Buehrle had an ERA+ of 106, which is the 3rd lowest of his career, and he's going to be making $18m and $19m as a 35 and 36 year old. For slightly above average production, if that.

Trading Buerhle made a ton of sense as a baseball move. In fact, I'd have preferred to trade him than keep him, if we reinvested.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            I can't believe he's going to be our starting SS, lol.

Good case scenerio is that he's a ~75 OPS+ cat with good defense. Someone like Clint Barmes/Brendan Ryan/Jack Wilson. Which isn't bad and, sure, is starting SS in the majors.

But he has no ceiling on top of that but has a huge floor to fall under. No ceiling and big floor is, like, the exact opposite you want

Yunel Escobar is awesome value though, also. I really hope we don't trade him.
            I was told he's going to be a perennial all star though
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
              They could also not reinvest and win 90 games or reinvest and lose 90 games. The contracts weren't as horrendous as everyone makes them out to be considering what every other contracts handed out in free agency.

I'd love to see them try and reinvest all this money because any worthwhile free agent is going to laugh in their face. They traded a lot of good parts and got a shitty return. If they reinvest all this money you're looking at the same situation of an incomplete team with obvious holes somewhere on the field.
              I'm guessing that won't be the case. More hyperbole.
              Someone offers you millions of dollars and you're probably not laughing in their face. Once the money is offered, other players probably aren't going to care that we hurt Jose Reyes and Mark Buehrle's feelings.

I can buy the fact that we're at a disadvantage now with free agents because of the situation but people are making a very big deal about this. There are still many reasons to sign here.

Comment

It will always come back to this. If they re-invested the money, I think this would be perfectly understandable. Pay below-market for one year of some big-name guys and see if you can make a run at it. If the team competes, then you know that it is worth continuing to see the roster through in the big money years. Since the team didn't compete, it's fine to shed off the parts and make another run at it with other players. It's what Billy Bean has done a bunch of times.

There is just little reason to think they will re-invest soon.
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post

In fairness, if they had done this, people would have shit their pants a lot too.
                  Not me. I would have been on board with just that. It's all about ME, bobbob.
                  --------------------
                  And can we stop saying that "if they re-invest the money that this would all be understandable"?

Everyone gets that. No one needs to say that for the next 5 weeks while some of us are still venting (I'll lead that mission).
                  Last edited by Namaste; 11-23-2012, 08:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Fine, but let's not act like trading average Mark Buehrle is a big loss, either.

Maybe let's stop bitching about the trade itself and be mad that payroll is getting slashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      Fine, but let's not act like trading average Mark Buehrle is a big loss, either.

Maybe let's stop bitching about the trade itself and be mad that payroll is getting slashed.
                      Yeah, this.

People keep saying "THEY GOT A BIG OL' POOP BACK" in the trade, but that's not the issue. The issue is that they are going to spend $60 million less this season.
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                        Buehrle had an ERA+ of 106, which is the 3rd lowest of his career, and he's going to be making $18m and $19m as a 35 and 36 year old. For slightly above average production, if that.

Trading Buerhle made a ton of sense as a baseball move. In fact, I'd have preferred to trade him than keep him, if we reinvested.
                        I do wish we kept him for this season as he was making 11 million.

Comment

• Ok, fine.

Fuck Loria in the butt for slashing payroll in half in 2013.

Works for me.

Comment

• ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓▓ ▓▒░░░░░░░
                            ░░░░░█▒░░░▓██▓▓██▒▒▓▓█▓░░░░░░░█▓░░░░░░░░░░▓███▓██▒ ▒▓██▓░░░░
                            ░░░░██░▒██▒█░░░░█▒░░░░▒██░░░░▒██░░░░░░░░██▒█▒░░░▓▓ ░░░████░░
                            ░░░██░░▒▒░░█▒░░░█▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░██░░░░░░░░▒░░█▒░░░█▓ ░░░░██░░░
                            ░░██░░░░░░░░██▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒████▒░░░░░░░░░▓▓██▓░ ░░░░░█▓░░
                            ░▒█▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒██▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░██░░
                            ░▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░▒█▓░
                            ░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒██░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░▒██░
                            ░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒█▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░▒██░
                            ░▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▒░░░░░██▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░▓█▒░
                            ░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▒▓▓██▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░██░░
                            ░░▒█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░▒▓██▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░▓█▒░░
                            ░░░▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▒░░░░░░░░ ░░░▒█▒░░░
                            ░░░░▓█▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒███▓▓▒▒▒▓▓███▓░░░░░░░░░░ ░░▒█▒░░░░
                            ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░▒░░░░░░
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Assuming the Marlins do not re-invest this money (a likely scenario), this is an indefensible trade because Reyes was included AND it's the second season in a new ballpark that they've been telling everyone for years was going to be the turning point for them.

It's laughable (to me) that any fan is anything less than pissed off at ownership.

Comment

• They did say payroll would depend on revenue, which they expected to increase with the new stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X