No announcement yet.

2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybin and Stanton for Bell?! Are they serious? Not even a downright fool would do that. And like someone said earlier, i don't blame the fish for trying. THis is a tough year for trades, except for the Pirates, all the teams seem to be thinking smart.
    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Jonathan Mayo reporting we are no longer talking with San Diego about Bell

Comment

• You mean Maybin and Miller...either way the Padres aren't pressed to deal Bell and/or Gonzalez so they don't to do anything unless what they get offered is exactly what they want.

Comment

• Oh yea just realized i typed Maybin and Stanton lolz, my bad but still that would be more than retarded
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
            I think then we need to look for a starter than. Luis Ayala shouldn't be in our pen.
            Well if we can nab Pavano I think that solves the issue
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
              I think then we need to look for a starter than. Luis Ayala shouldn't be in our pen.
              Is there something more to your Ayala hate than last night?

Comment

• The Royals rejects an offer from the Brewers for Bannister and they say the Royals need to get a strong offer if they want to consider moving him so I don't think the Marlins are going to do anything with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                  Is there something more to your Ayala hate than last night?
                  Just never really like him as a pitcher

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                    On sportscenter, Gammons just said the Marlins are out of the running for Heath Bell. He's probably goingg to be an Angel.
                    Told u that yesterday. Going to the Angels or to Boston in the Adrian Gonzalez deal they are talking

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                      The Royals rejects an offer from the Brewers for Bannister and they say the Royals need to get a strong offer if they want to consider moving him so I don't think the Marlins are going to do anything with that.
                      As recent trades have shown, a strong offer from the Royals may not be considered a strong offer by most successful franchises.

Comment

• The only deals I have been hearing about are Nick Johnson for Ryan Tucker and maybe another prospect(Depends on how much of his contract they pick up) and Carl Pavano for a prospect

We are also talking to Cincy about Arthur Rhodes however they have cooled on Jeremy Hermida and want prospects for him.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                        Marlins have at least tried, I don't blame them if we come up empty. They've been active, but teams are asking for WAYYY too much
                        Not Wayyy to much,its just that there are not too many players on the block,so you have 5 teams battling for 1 guy. If the Astros,Mariners,Marlins and Rockies were out of the race just imagine how many more players would be out there.
                        Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2009, 10:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Just as a heads up, there are no afternoon games today. If a deal is made, we'll have to find out about it through the media.
                          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                          - Daft

Comment

• #mlbtrades Spoke with scout who ranks Marlins prospects: Stanton, obvious No. 1, then Matt Dominguez (another Mike Lowell). Then Morrison
                            From Joe Frisaro's twitter...so some people are higher on Domig.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              From Joe Frisaro's twitter...so some people are higher on Domig.
                              Wow. Dominguez over Morrison? That's a new one.

Comment

• considering how gifted Dominguez is with the glove, it's not that big of a shock

Comment

Working...
                                X