No announcement yet.

Update: LoMo Filed a Grievance Against Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They didn't say anything about [my 17 homers and 60 RBI]. They didn't say anything about maybe the reason I was hitting .240 was getting the guy over to third rolling over groundballs, not worrying about average.

Comment

Comment

They didn't say anything about maybe the reason I was hitting .240 was getting the guy over to third rolling over groundballs, not worrying about average.
        omg
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

One team source believes the team is sending a message, "To me it's a lesson, concentrate on the game and stop trying to be so funny."
          Palm Beach Post

Comment

Will he put DTF on the apartment application in New Orleans?

Comment

The sad part is most people will come to his defense and have.

Comment

OldHossRadbourn Old Hoss Radbourn
                This reminds me of the time the Grays demoted a 'mate to the bottom of the Long Island Sound for some ill-advised, lascivious telegrams.

OldHossRadbourn Old Hoss Radbourn
                #FreeLoMo

Comment

He got dropped for getting lippy with JCR

That's a line in the sand. Across this, you do not--by the way, LoMoZephyrs is so great. Chewie has always been my fave but he's so much more now. First ballot SFMHOF'er

Comment

OMG, the more quotes I hear from LoMo, the worse he sounds.

"I was about to get treatment on my knee and my arm that I just left on the warning track, but I got called into the office right there," Morrison said. "I had no idea what it was. They said, 'We exercised the right to option you to Triple-A,' and I walked out."

Morrison asked for the reasoning behind the team's decision, and he feels he did not get much of a response.

"They didn't give me anything," Morrison said. "I asked for an explanation and the one I got was, 'What are you hitting, .240?'"

Even after being released, Helms was grateful to the Marlins for giving him an opportunity when seemingly no one else wanted to a few years ago.

"I owe Florida a lot," Helms said. "They gave me an opportunity in '06, and we built a great relationship. I had some good years here and got to know these young guys well. I wish them the best. They were good to me.

"I'm not bitter at all. I can understand that I struggled. It happens. Every player struggles, and this is just my time to go. No hard feelings to them. Hopefully I'll land somewhere else, play one or two more years, and you never know: Maybe I'll manage these young guys someday."

Morrison was one of the young players Helms was closest to on the Marlins, and the veteran offered him some advice before leaving the clubhouse Saturday night. But even with Helms' wisdom, Morrison was still incensed with the team's decision.

"We're going to bring up a couple of other guys and look at them," manager Jack McKeon said.
                    Marlins option LoMo, release veteran Helms

Comment

kudos to Wes by the way, going out the right way for the most part

Comment

Yeah, I have to give Helms credit. He's sucked all year, there's no reason to make the move now, if anything, it's less fair for him. A release two months ago likely lets him catch on with another team, now rosters are mostly set pending injury. Yet he sounds exponentially better than that douche LoMoZephyrs.
                        --------------------
                        So...does the Matt Dominguez era begin?
                        Last edited by Swifty; 08-13-2011, 11:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

No offense but his arguments (like "maybe I'm hitting .240 to roll the ball over to score the run") Are exactly like the ones you use to defend volstad all the time

Anyway, pretty shocked but lomo needs to stfu and take it. Glad helms is gone but props to him for handling it well
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                            Yeah, I have to give Helms credit. He's sucked all year, there's no reason to make the move now, if anything, it's less fair for him. A release two months ago likely lets him catch on with another team, now rosters are mostly set pending injury. Yet he sounds exponentially better than that douche LoMoZephyrs.
                            --------------------
                            So...does the Matt Dominguez era begin?
                            Matt is on the DL.

Comment

I am having an argument with people right now defending LoMo, calling the Marlins' FO "morons" and saying they "can't wait" until LoMo gets dealt because it would make "everyone happy." lol.

They also said he was in the right to criticize Hanley. Surprise surprise.

Comment

Now Joe Cap is suggesting it's because he didn't participate in an event for season ticket holders earlier today...

Comment

Working...
                                X