No announcement yet.

Albert Pujols Would Accept a Trade to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would cost us to be one of the best hitting teams as well as one of the worse pitching teams in the major leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
      I think i'd give Stanton, Sanchez, James, Dominguez and Maybin for Pujols and Rasmus.
      So in actuality the Cards would be giving up the best player in baseball and a pretty good young talent for a big time power hitting prospect, a nice 2-3 starter and nothing wonderful.

In no world would this happens.

I'd give anyone not named Hanley or JJ for Pujols. They can have one of LoMo/Stanton. Everyone else they can pick from.

This would be so for me. This would lead the league in for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        That would cost us to be one of the best hitting teams as well as one of the worse pitching teams in the major leagues.
        Lol

Comment

Shut up mimsyyyyyyyyyyyy
          --------------------
          But seriously, the only trade scenario that occurs is:

Nolasco

One of Stanton/LoMo/Coghlan

And 3 prospects.

And even then that might not be enough to get them to move him. They're going to give him $200 million, the only issue is whether or not he thinks that's enough.
          Last edited by Swifty; 09-29-2010, 10:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

do we even have 3 prospects?

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
              One of Stanton/LoMo/Coghlan
              One of these three fellows is really out of place.
              poop

Comment

Just have Loria outbid everyone else when Pujols hits the open market after this year. It's as realistic as trading for him, and the Marlins don't have to give up anyone! Win-win-win. I'm sure Lou can make the payroll work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  One of these three fellows is really out of place.
                  Oh sure, but you're not giving up two of them and sometimes teams (and their scouts) value players differently.

I'm not saying that I think Stanton=Logan=Coghlan but I see no way the team gives up 2 or all 3 and I could see how a team could "like" Coghlan more than Stanton or Logan. Not to push this in a different direction, but there's plenty to not like about all three of them, it just comes down to what you will/won't tolerate.

If I were to grade, I'd say trade value Stanton > Coghlan > Logan; career outlook Stanton > Logan > CC
                  Last edited by Swifty; 09-30-2010, 12:15 AM.

Comment

You realize CC had a horrible season right?
                    I think Nolasco, CC, Gaby, Maybin, Miller, James would be where I start with. No way I trade Doming, Boner, one of Logan and Stanton, JJ, Hanley or Anibal. Yeah I know Boner and Matty D but moving to a defense base team would be key and you still have to fill 2 holes in the rotation and sign at least 2 good relievers.

Comment

Shut up mimsyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                        Oh sure, but you're not giving up two of them and sometimes teams (and their scouts) value players differently.

I'm not saying that I think Stanton=Logan=Coghlan but I see no way the team gives up 2 or all 3 and I could see how a team could "like" Coghlan more than Stanton or Logan. Not to push this in a different direction, but there's plenty to not like about all three of them, it just comes down to what you will/won't tolerate.

If I were to grade, I'd say trade value Stanton > Coghlan > Logan; career outlook Stanton > Logan > CC
                        Wait, why would Coghlan have more value?

Comment

Yea, I didn't get that either. Especially coming off an injury.

Comment

Yeah, I know he won ROTY, but Lomo was always a much (MUCH) more highly thought of prospect than CC and he's got a much higher ceiling. I don't think he has more value at all, even having won ROTY.
                            poop

Comment

If CC was a good defensive 2b then yeah, because his defensive at a more valuable position would outweigh the offensive differences

But he's a bad defensive 2b/3b/lf

Comment

re: trade value. Obviously the most important thing going into trade value is the overall perception of the player.

I think Cogs is viewed as a 2B, Logan a 1B. Cogs reasonably projectable numbers be it old school (avg, hr, RBI - and remember there are still talent evaluators out there that subscribe to this) or new school play favorably at second, and much more favorably than Logan's do at first. Logan looks like .400-.425 is his slugging ceiling meaning he'll have to OBP like crazy to have the .850 OPS you hope to get from 1B.

The next step is production. Not that I necessarily buy into it, but that ROY buys him a pass this season as a "sophomore slump." The perception at the start of the season was that he was 'unlucky.' Logan doesn't have a full season under his belt yet. Stupid, but teams care about that.

Lastly you have the intangibles. Coghlan has the former first round pick (supplemental) and big college pedigree while LoMo is a late round pick out of JuCo. Again, stupid but teams care about that. The other intangible is speed. Coghlan has the perception of being a scrappy speedy top of the order guy (even if he doesn't run a lot) and Logan is just a guy who hits second.

Again, I'm not saying Logan is inferior to Coghlan. I just think it's possible/probable teams value CC more than Logan based on Logan's lack of power at a "power" position.
                                --------------------
                                Also, as a post script, I don't think injury factors here. Coghlan's meniscus issue is preferrable to an ACL or MCL or labrum issue. In terms of athletic injury, a meniscus is pretty much dodging a bullet.

Plus, Logan had that wrist injury that has basically completely eroded the power he showed in '08.
                                Last edited by Swifty; 09-30-2010, 11:50 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X