No announcement yet.

Albert Pujols Would Accept a Trade to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather spend that money on a Carl Crawford instead of Pujols.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
      I'd rather spend that money on a Carl Crawford instead of Pujols.
      Explain now.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
        Do I really need to say why?

Guys are different players so you can't compare them? Do you really believe that?
        You cant say one will be better than the other considering their skill sets are so different. They both have the ability to excel at different aspects of the game.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          Explain now.
          You're only going to wind up disappointed, Ramp
          CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            You cant say one will be better than the other considering their skill sets are so different. They both have the ability to excel at different aspects of the game.
            So, are you saying that you can't objectively say Pujols is better than Juan Pierre/Emilio Bonifacio because "their skill sets are so different, they each have the ability to excel at different aspects of the game." (i.e. Pujols = Frequently being awesome. Pierre/Bonifacio = Frequently running back to the dugout really fast after making an out)

Comment

Kind of different scenario.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Fip likes his semi-unimportant tools. High velocity (Burnett, Lindstrom) and blazing speed (JP, Boner, Crawford)

Comment

I hope we trade for Hugg.
                  There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Explain now.
                    I'll have payroll projections out in 2 weeks, but assuming Crawford makes $14-17 million, and the Marlins trade ALL of Uggla, Nunez, Paulino, and A. Miller (this is literally like $18 million in projected salary), it will be possible to sign Crawford to a 6 year mega-deal for under $50 million in 2011. And moving forward, Marlins would be fine due to "new stadium revenue." That's also ignoring "loading" salary into 2012 or the backend.

There is money to play with here. Seriously. It's just about what do they want to do. Sign a star with Crawford, or have Uggla and a reliever, or beef up starting catcher, 2-3 relievers, and 1-2 bench players. This is again, all assuming $50 million payroll which is the last figure I have seen the Herald report (but I really imagine it's going to be $55 range when all is said and done).

Personally, I would sign Crawford to a huge mega deal if you can get him, then trade Uggla, Nunez, Paulino, Gaby Sanchez (because CC plays LF, and you move Logan to 1B, not because I don't like Gaby), and A. Miller for whatever you can get, which would presumptively include a young catcher, 3B depth, and more relievers, and the team is really really set. Team wouldn't have a real 3B probably until Dominguez is ready, and there would be a heavy reliance on Maybin, Stanton, and Morrison to carry their own weight, but I don't think a move like that is for 2011. I think the move is for 2012-2014, and Crawford is just available now so you make due in the immediacy, for the hopeful ass kickings when the stadium opens.

It is definitely a pipe dream with a lot of moving parts here, but it works on paper with our personnel and payroll. I see Crawford going to LA or NY to get out of the small market, but if they can convince him somehow, it would be wise to start a huge overhaul of the team around him, with the only safe names Crawford, Hanley, Johnson, Stanton, Morrison, Coghlan, Maybin, and Dominguez.

Comment

well yes, but that's not what the question was lou!

you freakin lawyers tryin to hijack questions and answer them with stuff

Comment

This is crazy talk.

Comment

well yes, but that's not what the question was lou!

you freakin lawyers tryin to hijack questions and answer them with stuff
                          I thought you were perplexed our ability to sign Crawford

Comment

no, I was no perplexed at all

I was wondering why fip would want Crawford over Pujols (assuming Pujols could be re-signed)

Comment

no, I was no perplexed at all

I was wondering why fip would want Crawford over Pujols (assuming Pujols could be re-signed)
                              Well when you look at it from a financial point, it's a huge difference:

Crawford will make anywhere from 10-15 per year

Pujols will make anywhere from 25-30 per year

If you get Pujols, you subtract from the team you currently have, but you add one of the best players in the game. With Crawford we would be keeping the same team(more or less), and adding a very nice bat with great speed and defensive ability.

When you look at this, who gives you the most utility?
                              Last edited by Big Z; 09-29-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

The answer to "most utility" is always Alfredo Amezaga or Emilio Bonifacio. Or electric company and water works.

Comment

Working...
                                X