Albert Pujols Would Accept a Trade to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if we could get Pujols and (re-sign him) I would be willing to part with any players not named JJ and Hanley. Now I don't think I'd be willing to build a package around LoMo and Stanton, but they could have one or the other.

I think. Someone talk me out of this.
    LoMo yes, Stanton no. Logan is going to be a great player but Stanton is going to be huge for us. Logan is a great, great player but Stanton is amazing. Stanton is on the level of a A-Rod, you cannot get rid of him. Logan, West/James, Gaby, and someone else (maybe Matty D but not sure) could be enough.
    Trading Logan would suck, but for Albert it would be worth it. Trading Stanton for Albert would do more harm than good. Yes, we'd get Albert, but we'd lose a 20-year-old phenom who has not received a bad review from anyone. Stanton is our Miguel, someone who we can't trade (but we did, so bad example.) Trading Stanton, I think, could set us back way more than if we traded Logan.
    However, if we could get by by doing Ricky, Matty D, West, James and Gaby, that would be the best scenario for us but highly unlikely.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I could think of better scenarios

Comment

I rather trade for a # 2/3 starter, maybe Garza? We can offer a deal including Volstad or Gaby + a prospect

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
          LoMo yes, Stanton no. Logan is going to be a great player but Stanton is going to be huge for us. Logan is a great, great player but Stanton is amazing. Stanton is on the level of a A-Rod, you cannot get rid of him. Logan, West/James, Gaby, and someone else (maybe Matty D but not sure) could be enough.
          Trading Logan would suck, but for Albert it would be worth it. Trading Stanton for Albert would do more harm than good. Yes, we'd get Albert, but we'd lose a 20-year-old phenom who has not received a bad review from anyone. Stanton is our Miguel, someone who we can't trade (but we did, so bad example.) Trading Stanton, I think, could set us back way more than if we traded Logan.
          However, if we could get by by doing Ricky, Matty D, West, James and Gaby, that would be the best scenario for us but highly unlikely.
          Mike Stanton does not compare well to ARod. So let's not use that comparison. First of all, ARod is one of the best players of all time. He hits for both average and power. Stanton cannot hit for average, and most signs suggest this will never happens. ARod is/was a very good fielder. Mike Stanton is probably a little above average, but he has mental lapses out there. Obviously, he's young and these things happen but still...

Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball. In our wildest dreams, Mike Stanton would still fall short of Albert Pujols. I don't see how trading Stanton who is very much a work in progress (with major power) for the best player in baseball could set us back (again assuming we could re-sign him).

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            Mike Stanton does not compare well to ARod. So let's not use that comparison. First of all, ARod is one of the best players of all time. He hits for both average and power. Stanton cannot hit for average, and most signs suggest this will never happens. ARod is/was a very good fielder. Mike Stanton is probably a little above average, but he has mental lapses out there. Obviously, he's young and these things happen but still...

Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball. In our wildest dreams, Mike Stanton would still fall short of Albert Pujols. I don't see how trading Stanton who is very much a work in progress (with major power) for the best player in baseball could set us back (again assuming we could re-sign him).
            I don't know Ramp, I'm not comparing Stanton to Pujols, but remember what he was doing this year in AA compared to what he did last year. He is a 20 year old with tremendous talent; i'm sure he will not fail, as Maybin has.

Comment

So then let's trade Maybin for Pujols.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                So then let's trade Maybin for Pujols.
                Who the fuck said that. All I said was that i'm not willing to give up Stanton.

Comment

Eh, I actually think Morrison will end up being better than Stanton.

Comment

Under no circumstances should Matty Dubs be traded.

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                      Eh, I actually think Morrison will end up being better than Stanton.
                      They will be completely different players so its not a comparison you can make.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Roger Clemens was not better than Eric Owens

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                          They will be completely different players so its not a comparison you can make.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                            Why am I dumb?
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

I think the team is better without trading for Pujols even if he is resigned. This is assuming you use Pujols money on a few minor pieces like a decent #3 or good #4, a good bullpen arm, a catcher thats name does not end in an "o".
                              Your giving up at least 2 significant pieces and at least 2 more players.
                              Then your tying up a ton of money resigning him.
                              And all the players you deal for him would make a lot less then him meaning there is money to spend on more areas of the team. Pujols and Hanley aren't the only ones in the line up and JJ can't pitch everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                                Why am I dumb?
                                Do I really need to say why?

Guys are different players so you can't compare them? Do you really believe that?

Comment

Working...
                                X