Albert Pujols Would Accept a Trade to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
    The answer to "most utility" is always Alfredo Amezaga or Emilio Bonifacio. Or electric company and water works.
    I believe it also refers to the product that conducts the most happiness.

Comment

If Hanley and Pujols are in the same lineup, I don't care what your definition of utility is, I want that one.

I'll let the rest of the team call Baltic Ave. home, dammit, I want that team.

Comment

But that's just one space away from the income tax!

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
          If Hanley and Pujols are in the same lineup, I don't care what your definition of utility is, I want that one.

I'll let the rest of the team call Baltic Ave. home, dammit, I want that team.
          So are you willing to give up JJ for Pujols?

Comment

You could totally go Padres with that. Spend low on a bunch of high defensive guys and focus on getting offense from Hanley, Pujols, and whoever's left of Lomo/Stanton/Coghlan/Gaby.

JJ would finish the year with a sub-1 ERA
            --------------------
            Hell, with Cousins and Dominguez and Osvaldo in our system, we already have three high-def guys as well. Let's say we get him for Stanton, Uggla (They reallly need a 2b and we'd need the money gone), Lomo, and Gaby (Well, I'm not sure what they'd do with both Lomo and Gaby, since they'd only have room for one, but we'd need to get rid of Gaby anyway to make room for Pujols)

LF: Coghlan
            CF: Maybin
            RF: Cousins
            3b: Dominguez
            ss: hanley
            2b: Osavaldo martinez
            1b: Pujols

I mean, that offense is still pretty damn good even if Maybin/Cousins/Osvaldo/Dominguez can't break .650 OPSs
            Last edited by nny; 09-29-2010, 06:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I doubt it would take all that to get a guy in his contract year, even if he is the best in baseball. The Phils were looking to trade Howard and someone else for Pujols earlier the season. I would expect this to be something like the trade the Yanks made for A-Rod, what was the deal? A-rod for Soriano, Arias and cash? If you trade for Pujols I assume we would pay his contract, Arias would be replaced with Dominguez and Soriano? I don't know, but it will probably be 2 more players.

Comment

I actually like nny's idea of Pujols/Hanley and crazy defense all the way throughout after. Especially with a guy like Dominguez coming up and the super-D utility dudes available for very little.

That lineup would need more Amezaga, however.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  I doubt it would take all that to get a guy in his contract year, even if he is the best in baseball. The Phils were looking to trade Howard and someone else for Pujols earlier the season. I would expect this to be something like the trade the Yanks made for A-Rod, what was the deal? A-rod for Soriano, Arias and cash? If you trade for Pujols I assume we would pay his contract, Arias would be replaced with Dominguez and Soriano? I don't know, but it will probably be 2 more players.
                  There is no way it's like the A-rod deal. The A-rod deal was because they Rangers needed salary relief. The thing is you have to CONVINCE the cardinals to trade Albert. Bringing up the Howard offer is pointless - who cares what Philly offered, it wasn't enough. In order to convince them to actually trade him, you have to overpay.

Why else would they trade Pujols unless they get paid out the ass to trade him? It'd be stupid of them to get "equal value"

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    There is no way it's like the A-rod deal. The A-rod deal was because they Rangers needed salary relief. The thing is you have to CONVINCE the cardinals to trade Albert. Bringing up the Howard offer is pointless - who cares what Philly offered, it wasn't enough. In order to convince them to actually trade him, you have to overpay.

Why else would they trade Pujols unless they get paid out the ass to trade him? It'd be stupid of them to get "equal value"
                    Well it also depends on whether the Cards are going to offer him a multi-year deal, because it seems that hasn't even been brought up. I mean I would love Pujols, but how much overpaying are we talking about here?

Comment

If you're the Cardinals what legitimately/easily convinces you (and the fan base) that trading the best player in the game to make that move will IMPROVE your team...

THAT much overpaying
                      CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
                        If you're the Cardinals what legitimately/easily convinces you (and the fan base) that trading the best player in the game to make that move will IMPROVE your team...

THAT much overpaying
                        I don't think any franchise legitimately believes that they will better their team by trading their franchise player; they just hope to get a great haul (not saying that we wouldn't have to offer everything except the kitchen sink for Pujols; just making a point).

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                          I don't think any franchise legitimately believes that they will better their team by trading their franchise player; they just hope to get a great haul (not saying that we wouldn't have to offer everything except the kitchen sink for Pujols; just making a point).
                          They're some die hard fans, and a team that is always in contention, we would have to give a boat load. It's interesting to discuss what possible deal might lure him to the Fish, even if it is not realistic. I think i'd give Stanton, Sanchez, James, Dominguez and Maybin for Pujols and Rasmus. This leaves us with the following lineup:

1B- Pujols
                          2B- Uggla(He would probably be gone in this situation)
                          SS- H2R
                          3B- Cogz
                          LF- LoMo
                          CF- Rasmus
                          RF- Cousins? FA?
                          C- Pudge

If Loria would be able to open his pockets, this would be beyond outstanding.

Comment

I feel like thats too much to give up.

Comment

I seriously can't believe this ever made it past post 1

actually, I can't even believe it made it past the original article
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                                So are you willing to give up JJ for Pujols?
                                1 for 1...sure.

Pujols is the best player in baseball, ergo, any 1:1 where you receive him is a win.

Comment

Working...
                                X