Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    You dislike things for no reason a lot.
    Not really. There is really nothing to like about Bobby Valentine as a manager. I can understand getting out front in a Fredi to Atlanta situation to save on the drama(even though there is still plenty of drama), but firing Fredi to hire Valentine is a lateral move at best.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Most of managerial changes can be considered lateral there really isn't much difference.

Comment

• Maybe Hanley thinks Bobby V's fake bobbobstache is funny and he hits .500/.600/1.500 the rest of the way.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Hanley gon love him cuz he played in the bigs. Also Bobby V loves the young guys. Wes helms gon hate him tho.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
            Not really. There is really nothing to like about Bobby Valentine as a manager. I can understand getting out front in a Fredi to Atlanta situation to save on the drama(even though there is still plenty of drama), but firing Fredi to hire Valentine is a lateral move at best.
            Name some managers you think would not be lateral moves.
            poop

Comment

• I dont know. But Bobby Valentine is a lateral move with a known history of bad moves and being hated by his fanbase in New York. And likely fairly expensive.

Why not go after a Jose Oquendo or someone who has fire and would be cheaper and has yet got a chance to prove themselves.
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Because manager's influence is overrated and Loria likes him so who cares.
                poop

Comment

• Because Valentine doesnt impress me. And who cares what Loria thinks? He is the last fucker I care to hear an opinion from.
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

• He's the owner of the team so it's his decision and that is why they want him.
                    poop

Comment

• Dear Mr. Valentine,

I regret to inform you that we cannot offer you the manager's position at this time. Although I think very highly of you, Todd from SoFlaMarlins.com does not like you. He cannot say exactly why, but he has very strong feelings on this matter.

Our entire organization wishes you the best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Loria

Comment

• I'm starting to think Todd not liking you is like being kissed by an angel.

We gon win the WS with Bobby V.
                        poop

Comment

• I think it's more like a kiss from a rose on the grey.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Here's an update-

Valentine to get 4 years, other 2 candidates to interview for job are Edwin Rodriguez and Bo Porter

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5325157

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/r...-search-062410

Comment

• That job is bobby's.
                              poop

Comment

• There's a competition. Valentine is the only guy with experience as a major league manager. Rodriguez has managed all of one game as of now (soon to be two in about a half an hour) and Bo Porter has just been a field coach at the majors. The guy they want and two internal candidates. What a coaching search.
                                Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 06-24-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X