No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Fredi Gonzalez, Jim Presley, Carlos Tosca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capozzi has got to edit his blog, Fredi's 87 wins weren't a team record...

Comment

My guess is that there was some type of monumental arguement between Fredi and the front office, which resulted in Fredi being given the option to stick around until they had another manager or he could walk. I think he chose the latter and the coaches went with him. He'll land on his feet in Atlanta, criplling the Braves franchise for years to come. Player/Manager Wes Helms anyone?
      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
      Edmonton Ice Bats
      2007 Teal League Wildcard
      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
      2010 Teal League Wildcard
      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

I fully expect the team to go on a tear now, especially after their manager was fired after winning 3 of 4. Makes plenty of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          I fully expect the team to go on a tear now, especially after their manager was fired after winning 3 of 4. Makes plenty of sense.
          You're saying this sarcastically, but this type of move can light a fire under a team. It can also send them spiraling downward, too, so we'll see.

Comment

Capozzi's getting some really good stuff on this.

More from him via twitter.

joecapMARLINS: Tim Kurkjian said some in #Marlins front office thought Fredi might've been pre-occupied with #Braves job that will open once Bobby retires
            --------------------
            Who has Helms talked to/where is the stuff he said?
            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 06-23-2010, 11:24 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

true, I did see Fredi looking at next year's Braves' schedule

Comment

I heard he was trying to damage Stanton so it can be Heyward>Stanton forever.
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

The Marlins next manager will be some guy that the front office will like for a while, then he'll disagree with them about something...then they'll hate him and plot his firing. Can't wait to see who the next sucker is.

And that's coming from a guy who doesn't even dislike our front office. Reality is our manager position is basically the same as being a ventriloquist's dummy. At least if you want to keep your job.

Comment

Which thread should we discuss this in?
                    poop

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                      Can't wait to see who the next sucker is.
                      Wes Helms and Mike Lamb are going to co-manage the team.

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                        doubt they'd blow the team up this early, it'll be another month if they do it

however i'm not really sure why you'd want to spite the FO for the hell of it when it means your team might suffer. that's like predicting that a top prospect will fail in the majors and then gloating about it when he sucks and gets sent down to the minors.

(that one's for you bobobobobobob)
                        Are you going to keep referencing all of the retarded stuff you do?

Also, your gloating came far before he was sent down to the minors.
                        poop

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          The Marlins next manager will be some guy that the front office will like for a while, then he'll disagree with them about something...then they'll hate him and plot his firing.
                          Just like every other team in every sport ever played. Managers are hired to be fired.

Comment

I want Jack Mckeon back. Also, what the hell did Tosca do wrong? Lose the game against the Rays?

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
                              I want Jack Mckeon back. Also, what the hell did Tosca do wrong? Lose the game against the Rays?
                              I'm going to guess he went because Fredi went. He was Fredi's guy
                              poop

Comment

Originally posted by TealMonster08 View Post
                                I wouldn't mind it. Doubt the Marlins want that at all though. lol
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X