No announcement yet.

Marlins Fire Fredi Gonzalez, Jim Presley, Carlos Tosca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some rumblings are that Bobby Valentine is top choice with us trying to contend this year and if they can't get him they will blow the team up and start over.

When I mean blow the team up I mean Ross,Uggla,Helms,Robertson,Nunez,Cantu(All the older guys) will all be on the block and they will let Rodriguez manage till the end of the season. Then they will look for new manager

Comment

really don't agree with the timing but i guess they didn't want to endure another losing streak and then can him

also don't agree with getting rid of presley and tosca but whatevs

we'd better find a better replacement soon. and we better not hire someone stupid like don baylor
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        Not only that, a series win over a team who was leading the toughest division in baseball.

Not that I think Fredi was anything great as a manager, but the FO put him in a position to fail at every turn. They're the ones at fault here not him. After Girardi and now this, it seems like they have no idea how to treat people, and it really is sad.
        this

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Not only that, a series win over a team who was leading the toughest division in baseball.

Not that I think Fredi was anything great as a manager, but the FO put him in a position to fail at every turn. They're the ones at fault here not him. After Girardi and now this, it seems like they have no idea how to treat people, and it really is sad.
          That would be completely retarded. You don't fire a manager saying the goal is to win and then blow the team up a month later if you can't hire a certain guy. They would completely lose any credibility they have left.

Comment

According to Joe Cap, Brian Sanches and Wes Helms are stunned by the firing.

/boring news

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
              really don't agree with the timing but i guess they didn't want to endure another losing streak and then can him

also don't agree with getting rid of presley and tosca but whatevs

we'd better find a better replacement soon. and we better not hire someone stupid like don baylor
              We gon trade Hanley for Dusty Baker and have him kill JJ.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

i'm gonna bet helmsy has something to say about it
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I'm sure the entire team is stunned.

Comment

Minus Hanley

Comment

won 3 of 4, makes sense to do it now

Comment

wow now we even go to the minors to get another manager... I thought that was only a bullpen tactic! :-P very surprising considering they have played better the last few days... but it was being speculated for a while now.

Comment

At the least, do it on the off day.

Maybe something happened yesterday?
                          poop

Comment

maybe they told fredi to use sanabia or houser and he didn't because he has a mancrush on tim wood

or maybe it was his decision to call mike lamb back up
                            --------------------
                            (the mike lamb thing is just baiting you bobobob)
                            Last edited by emkayseven; 06-23-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I hope your iPhone gets lost.

I don't mean that. I'm just lashing out.
                              poop

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Some rumblings are that Bobby Valentine is top choice with us trying to contend this year and if they can't get him they will blow the team up and start over.

When I mean blow the team up I mean Ross,Uggla,Helms,Robertson,Nunez,Cantu(All the older guys) will all be on the block and they will let Rodriguez manage till the end of the season. Then they will look for new manager
                                Would absolutely love this either/or scenario.
                                --------------------
                                I mean they probably wanted to do it after the Texas fiasco and expected the team to lose atleast 2 of 3 vs the Rays. I guess things sometimes don't go as expected
                                Last edited by Ralph; 06-23-2010, 10:10 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                                X