Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job with that flyball, Maybin.

Comment

Just when we thought Maybin was getting better at defense, he takes a bad route on a ball yesterday that resulted in Werth getting a triple and takes another one today resulting in an error. Yuck!

Comment

Stand up inside the parkers are pretty sweet.

Comment

speed kills.

Comment

Center fielder Cameron Maybin hasn't played since Mike Stanton was called up June 8, and he might not get regular playing time again unless he's sent to the minors.

But don't expect Maybin to be dangled as trade bait. The Marlins still consider him a big part of their future.

"It's a tough situation and he has handled it well," Marlins baseball operations president Larry Beinfest said.

"I think we need to get Cameron playing and playing every day. I'm not sure that's going to happen right now, but he's definitely in our future."

Maybin could start next season if the team doesn't bring back outfielder Cody Ross, who's up for arbitration again after signing a $4.45 million contract this year.

For now, Beinfest said, "We're just going to kind of take it day by day and series by series and figure out what's best for the team and what's best for him. I'm not sure I have a good answer other than we didn't want to send him down (last week). We didn't feel that was warranted.

"Mike's going to play and we'll see. We're still trying to figure it out."
            Team says Cameron Maybin, benched since Mike Stanton's call-up, won't be traded

So they felt bad for Maybin and didn't want to send him down to play everyday so they keep him up at the majors where he hasn't gotten 1 second of playing time in 6 games? That sounds like anything but a guy that is too important to the organization to trade.
            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 06-15-2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

eh

They had to see how Mike was going to handle himself, and if Coghlan kept on with the hit parade. I'd say Stanton is going to be able to handle himself and Coghlan looks like he is back. I wouldn't read to much into him riding the bench for a week. If they didn't care, they would keep him up indefinitely on the bench. Which this article suggests they aren't.

Regardless, I am glad AAA is coming. See you in September Maybin. I'm expecting you to go "all Alex Gordon" in AAA.

Comment

1-3, 1 BB in his first appearance in AAA.

Stanton sucks, Maybin is fixed. Call him up!
                poop

Comment

2-4 1 BB, 1 SB.

WATCH YOUR BACK, GIANCARLO!
                  poop

Comment

Team Maybin wrecking people's shit in New Orleans.

3-5, 2 R, 1 2B (1), 1 RBI (1), 1 SB (2)
                    poop

Comment

2 bunt hits though.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

0 Ks!1
                        poop

Comment

This is really nice to see. Thanks for posting guys.

Comment

1/3 tonight with no Ks!
                            poop

Comment

Talked to a reliever for the Sounds Thursday night about Cam, he told me their scouting report on him is to just do whatever you did to get him out 3 years ago because he hasn't made a single adjustment.

Made me sad.

Comment

oh that's real encouraging

Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X