No announcement yet.

Cameron Maybin 2010: He Gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they really serious about giving up on Maybin, giving Boni another shot, and letting Stanton languish in AA?

This is like an organizational Punk'd, right? They're joking, right?
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Who cares about the .286 AAA OBP? He's FAST!

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
        Who cares about the .286 AAA OBP? He's FAST!
        That is not what was said dickface.

It clearly implied that AAA is not the place for a shitty player to turn things around. Rather, the Marlins major league lineup is.

Comment

So they care more about seeing if Boner can turn it around rather than Maybin...

Comment

If this article is to be believed, sure do.

Comment

We're awesome

Comment

I do not believe this article.

I think this Joey F talking out of his uninformed orifices.

Comment

I'm think the FO needs to regroup and start looking at Maybin as a project right now and not an everyday starter. I was way off on my predictions of how he would be producing right now. I still believe in him but where's the power? Where are a lot of things?

Move Ross to CF and start playing BC.

Comment

What's a "project" though?

He's got nothing to prove in the minors. He had a fine year last year and a fine year in 2008 as well.

The problem with pulling the plug on him now is where the heck does he go?

Comment

I've reached a dead end in trying to figure out what's wrong with him. The only thing I can come up with is that he's just immature and needs to mature some. It looks like he's pressing. Even when he's facing below average major leaguers he looks like he's pressing.

Comment

I think you've just got to let him fail if he's going to fail or work out of it if he's going to work out of it. There's nowhere else to go.
                        poop

Comment

If "fail" is limited to this year, I agree, ride it out.

If we're committed to him being our starter through his club controlled years, maybe some more time in the minors is good.

I really don't know what to do with him. He's awful and it doesn't look like it's going to just come together effortlessly.

Comment

I think we ride it out like this, with BC getting 3-4 starts scattered between Cam and Coghlan until they snap out of it or the Super 2 deadline arrives. Judge them from this point on, and if one or both of them is below a .750 OPS, send them down.
                            poop

Comment

What really baffles me is I can't remember him stinging more than like 2 balls this whole season. It's unbelievable. Most of his hits are of the slap variety.

I'm not overly concerned with his defense. The Marlins are an awful defensive team (BC and one or two other excluded) and besides he catches the difficult balls in the gaps.

But the lack of power is astonishing.

Comment

Eh, when he was hitting well he was hitting a decent amount of line drives to the outfield. He wasn't Luis Castillo out there.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X