Marlins Talking Heath Bell and Adrian Gonzalez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
    It's something to think about but thats a steep fucking price. Miller, West and Logan/Maybin is alot. Now if they could have swapped Coghlan for Morrison/Maybin then you'd have to do it but i can understand why they passed.
    I would do that deal in a heartbeat. 3/4 are suspect major league players/prospects and one especially has shown absolutely nothing for more than a month.

I would do that in a heartbeat for 2.5 years of Adrian Gonzalez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
      Gonzalez is signed through 2010 with a club option for 2011, and a stadium opening in 2012. It's not a stretch to see him in a Marlins' uniform for a long time.

Besides, what are we realistically giving up? A starter who hasn't figured it out yet and three prospects that could turn out to be nothing? Gonzalez is a young sure thing. That's a good deal.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

West is a guy who pitches to contact, in the playoffs he would get hammered by good lineups so losing him is not a big deal.

Miller might develop into something great but you have to give up something to get something (ADRIAN GONZALEZ!!!)

Morrison has a great chance to be special but with Gonzalez we dont need Morrison anymore!!!

This trade makes too much sense it cannot be true.
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
        Why the hell was that deal rejected?!?!?!?

Miller/West/Morrison/Cousins for Bell/Gonzalez isn't good enough for them? Wtf?

I hope that's a false rumor
        That is what I heard yesterday thats is why I thought a deal would get done. But guess we rejected it. The problem I think was they wanted Stanton more than Morrison or Maybin.

Boston then jumped in and began talking about Gonzalez with San Diego asking for Buchholz,Masterson or Bowden and a prospect. Which is what they are talking about now

Comment

• I'm sure if this deal was true it would already be done.
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• It has to be SD insisting the Marlins to put Stanton in the deal.

Comment

• are they still talking, or is this deal dead?
              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
              Tom Koehler(4-0)
              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• Our biggest problem is when a team hears the Red Sox or Yankees are interested that turn all there attention there. Yes we have great prospects however are shy about trading them. The Red Sox have no problem trading 4 or 5 Good to Top Prospects because they know when International FA Time or Draft Time they can just get a guy who wants a big contract and sign him

It happens every year but thats what happens when u spend in different areas and not just $100,000 in Latin America or draft 23yr old college players from Rd 16-33

Comment

• Must be, honeslty Stanton, JJ, and Hanley are the only untouchables IMO any trade involving them is an automatic no.

But the more i think of this the angrier i get. Adrian Gonzalez! ugh. Prospects are prospect and we have plenty of them! Giving up a few (one projectable hitter who plays THE SAME DAMN POSITION) for AG is necessary. And our rotation would still be and could be

JJ
                  Volstad
                  Ricky
                  RVH
                  Anibal? Pavano (if we got him), a free agent replacement, whatever.

And next year or 2011 our lineup would include

Maybin
                  Hanley
                  Gonzo
                  Stanton
                  Cogs

Thats a championship contending team guys.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                    are they still talking, or is this deal dead?
                    Dead right now San Diego is talking to 1 team and that is Boston. They are waiting for Theo to say the 2 magic words-Clay Buchholz
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                    Must be, honeslty Stanton, JJ, and Hanley are the only untouchables IMO any trade involving them is an automatic no.

But the more i think of this the angrier i get. Adrian Gonzalez! ugh. Prospects are prospect and we have plenty of them! Giving up a few (one projectable hitter who plays THE SAME DAMN POSITION) for AG is necessary. And our rotation would still be and could be

JJ
                    Volstad
                    Ricky
                    RVH
                    Anibal? Pavano (if we got him), a free agent replacement, whatever.

And next year or 2011 our lineup would include

Maybin
                    Hanley
                    Gonzo
                    Stanton
                    Cogs

Thats a championship contending team guys.
                    Like I said I think the issue was they WANTED Stanton in any deal for Gonzalez
                    Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2009, 10:51 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• i know, but damn. Well im off now, hopefully when i get back we have done SOMETHING.
                      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                        Morrison has a great chance to be special but with Gonzalez we dont need Morrison anymore!!!
                        You can replace Morrison's name with Stanton's and technically have the same argument

People are throwing out Morrison to be a "who knows if he'll make it" big leaguer but you can still say the same for Stanton.

So for those who have no problem trading Morrison in an AdGonz deal, why do you have trouble trading Stanton?

Comment

• Because we are all fascinated with a 20 year old that has that type of power and talent.(me included)

Comment

• Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                            You can replace Morrison's name with Stanton's and technically have the same argument

People are throwing out Morrison to be a "who knows if he'll make it" big leaguer but you can still say the same for Stanton.

So for those who have no problem trading Morrison in an AdGonz deal, why do you have trouble trading Stanton?
                            I would do the deal for either, personally. Morrison and Stanton are what they are; they're prospects. They're damn good ones, yes, but they haven't proven a thing on the ML-level yet. If you could deal one of them plus Miller and West for 2.5 years of Adrian Gonzalez, a guy who has a .929 OPS in the Padres' lineup, you do it. Players like Gonzalez don't come around too often, and he would instantly make us a WS contender. We'd also be getting a pretty damn good closer in the deal, too.

Comment

• For some it is because you are replacing your future first baseman with an all star first baseman if you trade Morrison. With Stanton, the thought is you lose a star in our weak outfield which would be harder to replace.

Still, everyone needs to stop looking at those supposed trade proposals with the damn slashes and "or"s all over the place and thinking, dang we couldve just given up these guys and gotten Gonzalez and Bell? No, we could not have. No no nono no no on o n onnonono onono n
                              n
                              ono no
                              no
                              pn
                              on
                              o

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                                Couldnt have said it better myself.

West is a guy who pitches to contact, in the playoffs he would get hammered by good lineups so losing him is not a big deal.

Miller might develop into something great but you have to give up something to get something (ADRIAN GONZALEZ!!!)

This trade makes too much sense it cannot be true.
                                If he has a chance to be special and has played LF some-what extensively, why would getting Gonzalez mean Morrison isn't needed anymore? (unless of course Morrison is included in the package, which would be likely)

Comment

Working...
                                X