No announcement yet.

Marlins Talking Heath Bell and Adrian Gonzalez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost all the teams view Logan Morrison and Mike Stanton as the same player.

Differences-Morrison Left Stanton Right and Morrison Contact Stanton Power

Comment

• San Diego has already played today and won't return to the field until 10:05 EST tomorrow night, so we won't be getting any lineup clues on their trading behavior.
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

• Just Speculation here

If we do the deal we can still move Uggla if need be. Houston and Minnesota are still interested in 2B after missing on Sanchez

Highly doubt Boner goes to the bench maybe CF?

Comment

• Samson says there is no offer on the table of Stanton, Maybin, Miller for Bell and Gonzalez. Who knows whats what though, he says their phone is silent and people arent calling and he thinks people dont want to deal with them anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
            dont you have to consider the potential for Stanton to bust is much higher then logan? With his K/BB ratios (albeit improving year by year), where Logan at worst becomes Lyle Overbay.

btw I love your writeups on the prospects over upon sickels website amazing write ups
            I really think the only way stanton busts is if his power disspears. Even if he turns turns into a 40% K rate with 40 HR power, that means he's Russell Branyan, who still has a career OPS of .826 despite a .235 average. Except, unlike Branyan, he'd be a plus defender at a more premium position.

But if his power disappears, then he's in trouble.

I think in terms, if you look at it of

1 = what you except
            2 = best case
            and 0 = worst case

Logan has such a better chance of being atleast 1 and landing somewhere between 1 and 2, and Stanton has a lot better chance of landing between 0 and 1.

But because of Stanton's power, when looking at actual slash lines, there really isn't a difference.

and glad you like them

Comment

• Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
              Samson says there is no offer on the table of Stanton, Maybin, Miller for Bell and Gonzalez. Who knows whats what though, he says their phone is silent and people arent calling and he thinks people dont want to deal with them anymore
              They are probably being David Samson's and now no one wants to talk to them.

Comment

• Just guessing here, but if we trade for Heath Bell, maybe we can move and Uggla for Chris Seddon

Comment

Just guessing here, but if we trade for Heath Bell, maybe we can move and Uggla for Chris Seddon
                  For Beef and Matt Wilson I will no longer bring up Dan Uggla. Long live Dan Uggla in South Florida
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                  Samson says there is no offer on the table of Stanton, Maybin, Miller for Bell and Gonzalez. Who knows whats what though, he says their phone is silent and people arent calling and he thinks people dont want to deal with them anymore
                  They don't wanna deal with us because when asking about a All Star who has a reasonable contract and is still young u can't just offer spare parts and nothing great
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2009, 05:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    For Beef and Matt Wilson I will no longer bring up Dan Uggla. Long live Dan Uggla in South Florida
                    I want you to think about this I would love for you to write why your post was completely retarded. If you are not capable of that, then I think (know) you are an idiot

Comment

I think David Samson is probably not very involved in trade talks.

Now, if Beinfest or Hill says this then there's much more credence.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• Would be quite excited if we obtained Adrian Gonzalez and Heath Bell

quite

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
                          I think David Samson is probably not very involved in trade talks.

Now, if Beinfest or Hill says this then there's much more credence.
                          I don't imagine we'd get much honest info from anyone right now

Comment

• Probably true as well
                            - Daft

Comment

• Samson also said last year that we weren't talking to the Red Sox about Manny.

Comment

• Samson is the biggest dorkus of all for using the word 'cerebellum'.
                                Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Working...
                                X