No announcement yet.

Marlins Talking Heath Bell and Adrian Gonzalez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If SD asked for Stanton, Maybin, and Miller for Adrian and Bell, I would offer back

Morrison, Miller, Coghlan, and "any pitcher not named West in our farm system."

Stanton and Morrison have to be valued around the same, Miller is Miller, and Coghlan with Sanabia/Thompson/Tucker/Whoever, have to make up some off Maybin. Even throw in another good RP spec like Wood, or Cishek. That's a pretty solid deal for SD, and it doesn't mess with our core if we get back a mashing 1B to put behind Hanley for the next 5 years, and a closer for this year and next, who we could then trade.

* And I say Morrison over Stanton because positionally that makes more sense as we'd probably prefer Logan at 1B, but if push comes to shove, fuck it. Stanton goes in the deal to seal it, shift Morrion full time to LF. I'm game either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      If SD asked for Stanton, Maybin, and Miller for Adrian and Bell, I would offer back

Morrison, Miller, Coghlan, and "any pitcher not named West in our farm system."

Stanton and Morrison have to be valued around the same, Miller is Miller, and Coghlan with Sanabia/Thompson/Tucker/Whoever, have to make up some off Maybin. Even throw in another good RP spec like Wood, or Cishek. That's a pretty solid deal for SD, and it doesn't mess with our core if we get back a mashing 1B to put behind Hanley for the next 5 years, and a closer for this year and next, who we could then trade.
      Love that idea, but who'd lead off for us then? NOT BONI!!

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
        Love that idea, but who'd lead off for us then? NOT BONI!!
        If we were able to nab A-Gon, I could live with Boni leading off.

Comment

• Bonifacio is staying in the lineup and you know it.
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
            Bonifacio is staying in the lineup and you know it.
            Yeah; he would probably get moved to LF.

Comment

• I know all of the speculation makes for good fun conversation and I'm all for that but is there anyone out there who seriously believes/believed that we will/would acquire Halladay or AG?

Comment

• Bonifacio will probably pitch every game not started by JJ

Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni Boni

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
                  Morrison has a ton of potential really reminds of how Gonzalez was in the minors with the eye type of player. Except he has more power shown.

Hard to pass up a cheap signed player like Gonzalez for the long term considering how good he is and we can control him for a few more years. Plus he was doing it in a pitchers park, here he wouldnt get a downgrade in numbers most likely.

How is his defense?
                  He has a gold glove

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    Stanton and Morrison have to be valued around the same
                    For as much as I love Logan and basically said what you said a few weeks ago

There is a big difference between a good defensive, good base running right fielder and a slow bad defensive first baseman. While yes, offensively they should be about the same, we're also talking about as much as 20+ runs in value taking position, defense, and br into account. Hopefully that number is smaller but Stanton has so many other things going for him

Same reason I think Maybin is more valueable than Morrison even though I except a 100 OPS difference
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Maybin View Post
                    He has a gold glove
                    which means nothing

he's basically been dead average in his career statistically
                    Last edited by nny; 07-30-2009, 04:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                      Yeah; he would probably get moved to LF.
                      I disagree. I think that if we do a deal that goes Morrison/Miller/Maybin, the lineup would look like this:

LF Coghlan
                      2B Bonifacio
                      SS The Man, the Myth, the Legend
                      1B Gonzalez
                      3B Cantu
                      CF Ross
                      RF Hermida
                      C Baker
                      Pitcher

Or, they could send Coghlan to the bench and start Uggla in LF. To be honest, Bonifacio isn't going to increase our defense in LF but he will increase it (by all measures we've read) by a lot at 2B.

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                      I know all of the speculation makes for good fun conversation and I'm all for that but is there anyone out there who seriously believes/believed that we will/would acquire Halladay or AG?
                      I mean, the confirmed rumor is that the Padres offered it to us.....
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
                        I disagree. I think that if we do a deal that goes Morrison/Miller/Maybin, the lineup would look like this:

LF Coghlan
                        2B Bonifacio
                        SS The Man, the Myth, the Legend
                        1B Gonzalez
                        3B Cantu
                        CF Ross
                        RF Hermida
                        C Baker
                        Pitcher

Or, they could send Coghlan to the bench and start Uggla in LF. To be honest, Bonifacio isn't going to increase our defense in LF but he will increase it (by all measures we've read) by a lot at 2B.

I mean, the confirmed rumor is that the Padres offered it to us.....
                        Yeah I was saying if Coghs goes in the deal (per Lou's post), Boni would go to left.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                          For as much as I love Logan and basically said what you said a few weeks ago

There is a big difference between a good defensive, good base running right fielder and a slow bad defensive first baseman. While yes, offensively they should be about the same, we're also talking about as much as 20+ runs in value taking position, defense, and br into account. Hopefully that number is smaller but Stanton has so many other things going for him

Same reason I think Maybin is more valueable than Morrison even though I except a 100 OPS difference
                          --------------------

which means nothing

he's basically been dead average in his career statistically
                          dont you have to consider the potential for Stanton to bust is much higher then logan? With his K/BB ratios (albeit improving year by year), where Logan at worst becomes Lyle Overbay.

btw I love your writeups on the prospects over upon sickels website amazing write ups

Comment

• Send Uggla to left over Bonifacio. Boner's defense is supposed to be really really good at second, and Uggla doesn't give us much there. He's also pretty much gone after this year anyways (and rightfully so). So let him play LF and give him more value playing two positions!
                            - Daft

Comment

• Uggla in left is a scary thought lol. I would rather have less range at second and a lot more range in left.

Comment

• won a gold glove, so yea, above average defense
                                Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                                Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                                Tom Koehler(4-0)
                                AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Working...
                                X