Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BizballMaury Maury Brown
    Build it up, tear it down later. No long term planning RT @mikeya78: Your opinion on way #Marlins are just tossing money around?
    Really?

Comment

• BizballMaury Maury Brown
      You're a homer, so I'd expect that from you. #Validation RT @SoFlaMarlins: You are absolutely hilarious in assessment of anything Marlins
      there you go.

Comment

• MiamiHomer

Comment

• It's alright to say the Marlins will tear it all down but we can't refute it because we're Marlins fans!

Comment

• oye jeez

Comment

• Well he's kind of right about that. You are a homer.

Comment

• Yeah. That twitter account makes us look like a bunch of mb.coms

Comment

• It's not me talking to him. There's a lot of people on here that are level headed in regards to things about the team. I think it's unreasonable to make that sort of claim about the team though.

Comment

• I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to expect the Marlins to do this for 1-2 years and trade everyone away.

Comment

• I think it has to be expected from anyone on the outside until they do otherwise.

Comment

• I don't think that's what happens.... but I can see why others would believe it.

Comment

• Yeah, things are different now, but they're relying on a history to form those opinions

Comment

• See @ 0:58

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jju-t2N11RA"]Don't you ever call me a homer![/ame]

Comment

• I'm not sure how there is no longterm planning having Stanton, Reyes, and Morrison all under control for 5+ years to build a lineup around, and absolutely everyone else off the books by 2014 where they would have the ability to both retain certain guys and let others walk.

I guess you can criticize them for drafting poorly and not having mass SP in the pipeline, but not having a plan is an idiotic thing to say. They can afford to do this with a new stadium, they need to make a market impact shortterm, and past the next three years of Hanley/Johnson/Bell/Infante/Nolasco/Anibal/Buck, they have some stuff coming with Yelich, Realmuto, Fernandez, and Ozuna so they won't be completely reliant on free agency to fill the team. Adding Pujols, or CJ, to this mix, doesn't change the longterm bottom line very much if it's going to be a $100-120 payroll team.

Really dumb thing to say from a smart guy.

Comment

• The Marlins routinely make smart people say dumb things.

Comment

Working...
                                X